Millbrook

Morwenstow

Nanpean Rovers

Padstow United

Plymouth Parkway

Roche

St Blazey

Wadebridge Town

Parkway and Sol amalgamated, so they now come under the umbrella of Parkway.  I see both Parkway and Elburton Villa were voted in unanimously.  And there may be another team joining.  Watch this space.   

No one relegated from the Prem either? All a bit of a shambles. Finish bottom and don't worry about the teams actually finishing in a place to get promoted! Liskeard should have gone down and St Blazey up and Nanpean need to go and rebuild in Duchy football and allow teams like St Minver to progress. 

Why do you keep going on about St Minver.  They had a great season, they have very good facilities BUT !!!!!!!.  They finished second.  I will repeat.  The ECPL has an agreement with the Duchy League that they will only promotion one team.  This has been agreed by the FA.  So do the league go against the FA. Of course not.

Duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!  The ECPL constitution is for 32 teams.  16 in each division.  At the end of the season there were 28 teams, 14 in each division.  So you are quite happy to relegate clubs who finished 13th and 14th leaving 12 teams.  So to make up the top flight to 16 you promote 4.  Not logical.  And in any case it is against the league constitution so why go on about it.  The league may have its faults but it is the one everyone wants to join. 

I know how hard Probus fought to stay up, especially fulfilling their last fixture with 10 men including the 57 year old chairman Ian Peters and 52 year old former manager Jason Bullen just to ensure they didn't lose points for not playing the game. All seems pointless now they wouldn't have been relegated anyway! 

1 hour ago, ECPL said:

Duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!  The ECPL constitution is for 32 teams.  16 in each division.  At the end of the season there were 28 teams, 14 in each division.  So you are quite happy to relegate clubs who finished 13th and 14th leaving 12 teams.  So to make up the top flight to 16 you promote 4.  Not logical.  And in any case it is against the league constitution so why go on about it.  The league may have its faults but it is the one everyone wants to join. 

Duh!!!!! Promoting four would actually make the Premier Division stronger. Great opportunity for the League to improve the top division woefully missed. This is why people get annoyed at the goings on. 

Correct St John, or even promote 3 and relegate Liskeard. Would still be the same amount. Also what is the reason behind the agreement between the leagues to promote 1 form duchy football, genuine question?

I think that agreement needs to be reviewed, bloody hard to get out of the duchy leagues and you got clubs that have built strong teams kept out but teams languishing at the bottom of the ECPL for far too long.

Last but not least, ECPL have you ever thought about the fact this is an opinion forum, I'm yet to see one single constructive or even articulate response, the way you behave when responding to Mr Deacon about your problems accessing the forum or in fact anyone with a differing view is petulant and childish. 

For those who weren't at the meeting, it was pointed out that as the Premier division was 2 teams short, the "missing" teams were deemed to occupy the relegation spots, as per the Peninsula League, hence no relegation for Launceston and Liskeard. There is also an as yet un-named side who have applied for the 16th spot in Div 1. Plymouth Parkway had asked to be transferred sideways from P&D into the Premier division but a unanimous vote saw them placed in Division 1. 

19 hours ago, ECPL said:

Oh dear,  The ECPL haters are starting to come out in force again.  Get a life guys.  Why is it that everyone wants to join the league. Could it be that it is the place to be.  

ECPL, if everyone wants to join the league, why do they feel the need to allow teams that have a history of messing them about back in? 

1 hour ago, OldFan said:

Also what is the reason behind the agreement between the leagues to promote 1 form duchy football, genuine question?

Two reasons in my opinion, firstly to give a little protection to the Duchy League which has lost so many teams to the EC Lge over recent seasons, I think it is now 12 of the existing members who have come up from the Duchy.

Secondly, are the EC teams likely to vote for 2 teams being relegated to the Duchy? They don't even seem keen to relegate within their own set up.

If the league that everyone wants to join maintained full numbers consistently and relegations became the norm then I expect the Duchy sides would be delighted to see two promotions.

41 minutes ago, MattP said:
45 minutes ago, MattP said:
45 minutes ago, MattP said:

The anonymous team weren't voted on or named; they have until the AGM to apply I believe

Seems silly that all this voting in isn't done on the same meeting. Why isn't that the case? 

12 minutes ago, Paul Collings said:

Two reasons in my opinion, firstly to give a little protection to the Duchy League which has lost so many teams to the EC Lge over recent seasons, I think it is now 12 of the existing members who have come up from the Duchy.

Secondly, are the EC teams likely to vote for 2 teams being relegated to the Duchy? They don't even seem keen to relegate within their own set up.

If the league that everyone wants to join maintained full numbers consistently and relegations became the norm then I expect the Duchy sides would be delighted to see two promotions.

A sensible answer, thank-you Paul. I'd counter argue about protecting it, it seems quite a few teams join every season, I don't think 2 would make much of a difference leaving with the guys that join at the bottom pushing everyone up. True about the relegation however, very peculiar!

Oh OldFan.  So what you are saying is I don't have a right to have an opinion, but everyone else can.  That sounds logical to me.  You obviously don't read my postings.  I try to be as clear and to the point as I possibly can so your last part of your posting indeed I think this could be be applied to you.  You only have to look at MattP's response.  No different than mine so what is the problem.  in case you did not know the agreement with the Duchy League came about because they felt too many teams were going up and none coming down.  Hence the agreement.  It isn't rocket science.   They are protecting their league.  It is not an opinion it is a fact.  I have checked your postings and you and St John clearly have a beef about the league its committee and how it is run.,  If it is that bad why not do something about it and get involved.  We can all be an armchair critic but slagging off people who give up an awful lot of their time is not the answer.  You may or may not like my opinions but that is all they are honest opinions.  And I try to respond to the people who are so critical in a responsible manner unfortunately I draw the line when the uninitiated keep coming up with the same old arguments.  If it was that bad then people would put up for a position on the league committee.  So come on try and be a little positive. 

And St John the reason behind the anonymous team is not utter nonsense it is common sense.  I do know the name of that team but until they have been informed of the leagues decision I cannot name them.  It is not utter nonsense, just common sense.  Again what you don't seem to understand is that a team can apply to enter the league right up to the AGM.  In my opinion the league has acted responsibly by checking the constitution and the FA before making their decision.  In any case I would have thought it was pretty obvious who the team was.  

12 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

With 16 Reserve sides of SWPL teams why don't they form a separate division and the ECPL reduce to a single Division? 

I have suggested this myself previously. Good to see that somebody from the West shares this view. 

15 minutes ago, ECPL said:

Oh OldFan.  So what you are saying is I don't have a right to have an opinion, but everyone else can.  That sounds logical to me.  You obviously don't read my postings.  I try to be as clear and to the point as I possibly can so your last part of your posting indeed I think this could be could be applied to you.  You only have to look at MattP's response.  No different than mine so what is the problem.  in case you did not know the agreement with the Duchy League came about because they felt too many teams were going up and none coming down.  Hence the agreement.  It isn't rocket science.   They are protecting their league.  It is not an opinion it is a fact.  I have checked your postings and you and St John clearly have a beef about the league its committee and how it is run.,  If it is that bad why not do something about it and get involved.  We can all be an armchair critic but slagging off people who give up an awful lot of their time is not the answer.  You may or may not like my opinions but that is all they are honest opinions.  And I try to respond to the people who are so critical in a responsible manner unfortunately I draw the line when the uninitiated keep coming up with the same old arguments.  If it was that bad then people would put up for a position on the league committee.  So come on try and be a little positive. 

And St John the reason behind the anonymous team is not utter nonsense it is common sense.  I do know the name of that team but until they have been informed of the leagues decision I cannot name them.  It is not utter nonsense, just common sense.  Again what you don't seem to understand is that a team can apply to enter the league right up to the AGM.  In my opinion the league has acted responsibly by checking the constitution and the FA before making their decision.  In any case I would have thought it was pretty obvious who the team was.  

So why isn't all the voting in done at the AGM? Jesus, this is hard work!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ECPL cannot answer your question and nor can he answer mine. The more he says, the more he undermines himself and the league. He should keep his ridiculous opinions to himself and just keep to reporting information (fixtures and results). 

Although some clubs struggle to maintain the very high standards that senior level requires (dugouts, separate changing facilities, surround fencing, pitch quality, etc,etc) because of the logistics and costs; nearly all of the clubs have top quality facilities and are well managed as football teams.

As a Referee, it is just as good to get Liskeard 1st Team in SWPL West as it is to get Liskeard 2nd Team in ECFL as they have good facilities and the quality of football is also very good. I also enjoy the variety of visiting towns like Mevagissey, Morwenstow, Padstow, Polperro and St Teath as this is their 1st Team and they are lovely places to take my partner who goes shopping or dog walking  in the first half and then watches the end of the game and joins us for a drink afterwards.

For those reasons, I am more than happy to revisit 32 Teams next season. I dont decide whether it's Parkway or Looe or Elburton - I am sure that I have had a fallout with all of them at some point over the last 15 years - but it is still a well organised League and I enjoy Reffing at this level as well as at Duchy League too.

Shame about the Constitution; I reffed St Minver in the Duchy Premier at the end of the season and thay are a Team that would fare very well in ECFL ..........(just my opinion).

As a long term observer and supporter of the EC League(s), it is really good to see the number of teams participating in what is obviously a very popular league. What appears to concern those making comments are apparent inconsistencies (unfairness if you prefer - personally - the more teams, the better the league);

- two  joining essentially brand new teams joining the league without attaining a particular league position/qualification, having only left the league in the last couple of seasons

- a team that has worked it's way through the Duchy League over several seasons, being unable to join the league, unless they actually win the Duchy Premier 

- no relegation from the Premier division - by comparison in the Duchy League teams at the bottom of a division are relegated, even if through reorganisation, several are promoted from the decision below

Having said this, each league has it's own constitution, agreed by member clubs.

The reputation of the league has unfortunately been hit this last season by unfulfilled fixtures ( the league is not alone in this - largely caused by the bad weather).Nor is the league particularly hot on publicity ( for example explaining the above clearly in the press) - but of course it takes a volunteer's time to do so.

Offiside and St John. For goodness sake what are you on.  You just don't get it do you.  The EGM is there primarily to go through possible rule changes and vote in or out teams to the league.   Once this is done the agreements are presented to the clubs at the AGM to pass. This means the AGM is all over in twenty minutes.   No magic wand and quite frankly an excellent way to conduct business.  As far as voting in teams - the clubs had an ample opportunity to voice concerns and vote against the new teams joining. THEY DIDN'T  It was UNANIMOUS.  So I Really don't know where you are coming from.   You somehow have this bee in your bonnet that no matter how much it is explained to you, you can't accept it.  All I am doing is giving you the facts as they are but for some reason - unless it gives you an excuse to blow off hot air because the answer is not what you want to hear.   Can you not just accept that it is the clubs who decide.  Not me or you or even the committee it is the clubs.  So please stop this nonsense as you really are making fools of yourself.  But, if you want to sound off then this is the site for you so that everyone can have a good laugh.  

Oh for goodness sake GET A LIFE.  You keep losing the argument and keep coming back with more nonsense.  Do you not read my postings or are you so inflamed that you forgot to put your thinking cap on.  Is everyone getting board with this nonsense, because this is the last time I will be posting anything about it.  And I am sure you will respond with another stupid answer.  I'll say it again. FOR GOODNESS SAKE GET A LIFE and let the clubs get on with it.   

ECPL, you stated that clubs get voted in at the EGM, this has now gone. How can another mystery team be voted in at a later date? To my knowledge you've not answered this question yet. I have no argument, I am just trying to educate myself in the protocol. 

12 minutes ago, St John said:

ECPL, you stated that clubs get voted in at the EGM, this has now gone. How can another mystery team be voted in at a later date? To my knowledge you've not answered this question yet. I have no argument, I am just trying to educate myself in the protocol. 

Have to agree with being interested in the protocol of the various meetings and who attends which etc.

Re your latest question - ECPL does state :"Again what you don't seem to understand is that a team can apply to enter the league right up to the AGM."

6 hours ago, ECPL said:

The EGM is there primarily to go through possible rule changes and vote in or out teams to the league.   Once this is done the agreements are presented to the clubs at the AGM to pass.

It's all very confusing for us "non-EGM/AGM attendees" hence why I'm interested in who attends the EGM - is this a voted representation of the league? And if the "agreements are presented at the AGM to pass" - could this mean the clubs could rebel and not pass them and then the new clubs don't get in - could be chaos!

Could really do with ECPL clearing this up and so hopefully he'll make one last appearance on this thread please.

4 hours ago, ECPL said:
4 hours ago, ECPL said:

Oh for goodness sake GET A LIFE.  You keep losing the argument and keep coming back with more nonsense.  Do you not read my postings or are you so inflamed that you forgot to put your thinking cap on.  Is everyone getting board with this nonsense, because this is the last time I will be posting anything about it.  And I am sure you will respond with another stupid answer.  I'll say it again. FOR GOODNESS SAKE GET A LIFE and let the clubs get on with it.   

ECPL- you appear to have given us zero information here??? 

St John. Please, please, please read my postings before you ask such silly questions. The clue is in my earlier posting. Again what you don't seem to understand is that a team can apply to enter the league right up to the AGM. Get it, question already answered. And yes St Minver was the mystery club. To the best of my knowledge the club contacted the league asking to attend the meeting and if they felt they were in with a chance of joining then they would make a written request. The club have been politely informed that due to the existing arrangement their application would be declined. My god this is exhausting work.

And my point is that all applications should need to be in by a date prior to the EGM, so that they can be considered by the clubs and then voted on at that meeting. I also feel that St Minver should have been told a polite no, as there was no point attending the meeting under the current set of rules. My way seems so much easier to implicate and transparent for everybody. AMEN. 

As I said. When in a hole stop digging. Really St John is that the best you can come up with.  To be honest I actually now feel sorry for you and your sidekick.  Life must be very lonely, but if you find that you need to sound off then keep coming on here, I am sure people who use this site are only to pleased to have a good laugh at your expense. 

I think it is time you and your side kick decided to put your names forward for a position on the committee because you seem to have all the answers.  I am sure you both will be an asset to the league.    It is so easy to be critical from the outside so come on, turn up at the AGM and put your names forward.  You can even sponsor each other. 

And DD as you know I have no affiliation to the ECPL.  The clubs have already agreed at the EGM unanimously to vote in the new clubs apart from Looe who are automatically accepted .  All clubs send a representative to the EGM and AGM so they must have the backing of their clubs.  It would seem a bit daft if they all decided to not pass the new teams at the AGM.  Now that would be absurd.

It seems that some people are looking for any reason to down the ECPL at every opportunity, surely you must have got the message by now that your views and suggestions are being laughed at all over the league. This forum is for constructive dialogue.  Try and use it that way.  

Also as a matter of interest the other teams that did consider applying have been voted into the SWPL.

This really is my last posting on this subject. My brain is becoming frazzled