Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Constitution 2016/17

St John you really need to find yourself a hobby! It's all well and good expressing your opinion about the 'shambles of a league' that you seem to be so obsessed with; but once again you're becoming spiteful and nasty. ECPL is a volunteer, just let him crack on with what he enjoys doing and find yourself something else to concentrate your fine and productive time on! It's getting boring...

Yeah, I've criticised along with others, I've also put forward suggestions to better things. I've also asked ECPL questions which he still hasn't answered. This is a discussion forum. Not my fault if he goes all nuclear when people disagree with any aspect of the league. He should sit back and think about things for a while. 

If probus get into the combo, the East cornwall league will probably look to reinstate a team that has washed their hands of the league previously. Couple of phone calls and they will be welcome back with open arms. Such a shame for clubs like St Minver that have worked their socks off to gain access to the league the right way. 

a right slap in the face! And will all be endorsed by ECPL on here in a rude and aggressive manner 

Thank you DD.  I have just got on to my computer to say this would be my last posting.  Everyone knows who I am and I will accept any criticism no matter from who.  But hiding behind a name to send insults is not acceptable.  I thank you DD for deleting the item, which came just in time for me to change my mind. 

Weasel Shwirk, nice to see a new member joining with views.  .  I am trying to understand your posting.  Who on earth would this club be.  You seem to be well informed about what is going on, especially since you by my understanding have just moved to the area.  

Im not talking about one specific club ECPL but it is clear to see some clubs get preferable treatment and everyone is expected to turn a blind eye. Im not sure why some teams have the red carpet rolled out for them and are so highly endorsed by ECPL maybe for some sort of financial reward? 

It is common knowledge that Probus would like to join the Combo, but the league does not have a vacancy.  I appreciate it is just a case of moving from an equivalent league but as it stands they seem tom have no chance.

Still don't get it.  But financial reward, now that would be nice.  Any clubs got any money to send me so that I can use my influence (ha, ha).  I would still like to know who these teams you probably think could be re instated.  I will repeat once again.  It is the clubs who decide who joins the league.  Not the committee, not the chairman or secretary but the clubs.  The league receive applications and these are presented to the clubs at the EGM for the CLUBS to vote on.  They have made their decision.  So I don't understand why some people go on about it.  It may not be to your liking but that is the way it is.  And as a matter of interest the EGM is there to discuss possible rule changes/ applications to join the league and anything else that may crop up.  Once everything is agreed then this is put to the AGM to accept.  In my own humble opinion by having an EGM it cuts out having a long drawn out AGM.  The items are discussed at the EGM to avoid that. Yes they may get somethings wrong but doesn't everyone. So good on the ECPL for getting it right.

5 hours ago, bolt said:

Still seems porthleven can concede 191 goals and still not get relegated ??

Quite so if there is no one from the direct feeder league (Trelawny) applying.

Of course the EGM, as far as the East Cornwall Premier League is concerned, particularly came about after an AGM a few years ago ended in chaos. It was because some clubs stated their case for inclusion in the ECPL for the following season (Morwenstow being one of them, who had withdrawn from the North Devon League in anticipation of joining).

Following this, the CCFA Representative advised this should never happen again; and accordingly an EGM should be called prior to the AGM to decide on new applications and pave the way for the AGM.

Old fan or oldfart at it again, what have you against Nanpean, why should they have been relegated ? Bottom team  gets relegated. Not full league of 16 and Holsworthy pulled out so that's two teams below Nanpean. Bude Town should have been chucked out for failing to fulfill 4 games, Mevigissey failing to fulfill two games.

Bude played there first team away to Pensilva which probably stopped Pensilva winning the league. That's another reason to kick them out. So you could argue they failed to fullfil 5 games .

I don't always agree with Mr Potham (ecpl) but he does a good job and is a decent bloke so lay off.

The only people to blame for the shambles called the ecpl is the committee that runs it, making rules up as they go.

6 minutes ago, unitedrhino said:

Old fan or oldfart at it again, what have you against Nanpean, why should they have been relegated ? Bottom team  gets relegated. Not full league of 16 and Holsworthy pulled out so that's two teams below Nanpean. Bude Town should have been chucked out for failing to fulfill 4 games, Mevigissey failing to fulfill two games.

Bude played there first team away to Pensilva which probably stopped Pensilva winning the league. That's another reason to kick them out. So you could argue they failed to fullfil 5 games .

I don't always agree with Mr Potham (ecpl) but he does a good job and is a decent bloke so lay off.

The only people to blame for the shambles called the ecpl is the committee that runs it, making rules up as they go.

Mevagissey only failed to fulfill one game - v Roche (H) 18/05/16

Bude only failed to fulfill 3 games - v Roche (A) 30/04/16, v Nanpean Rovers (A) 14/05/16 and v Mevagissey (A) 25/05/16

As for Bude playing their first team, if they are all registered there's nothing wrong with that. In the past several clubs have played their first teams in the Combo and the SWL. On occasions a club has played two games in the same day, although not since the 1950s or 60s.

2 hours ago, unitedrhino said:

And unfortunately Mr Potham gets all the stick because he defends the committee at every turn. Got nothing against him personally. 

If you can apply right up to the AGM yet some teams have already been accepted-what would happen if for some reason 6or7 sides applied now?? surely it should be done after all applicants are in not on a first come first served basis. 

As for promotion from the duchy-when the league split I seem to remember st blazey were promoted and voted into the newly formed 'east Cornwall div 1' when they finished 3rd from bottom of duchy1! Was this a one off because of the league re form?? 

6 hours ago, rob brown said:

If you can apply right up to the AGM yet some teams have already been accepted-what would happen if for some reason 6or7 sides applied now?? surely it should be done after all applicants are in not on a first come first served basis. 

As for promotion from the duchy-when the league split I seem to remember st blazey were promoted and voted into the newly formed 'east Cornwall div 1' when they finished 3rd from bottom of duchy1! Was this a one off because of the league re form?? 

Rob, I have already posed the question in your first paragraph. I sincerely hope that you are lucky enough to receive a sensible answer! 

Answers for Rob Brown and St John

1.. St. Blazey were re-elected because of the revision of the League.

2. If other clubs applied before the AGM they would be considered, provided they had notified their present League that they were seeking to leave. Duchy League clubs would be barred because of the inter League agreement

If St Minver had applied for the Combo, would they have gotten in? No team from the Trelawny was in a position to take promotion but as the Duchy is of the same standard would that be possible or is it strictly Trelawny for Combo and Duchy for ECPL?

57 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Answers for Rob Brown and St John

1.. St. Blazey were re-elected because of the revision of the League.

2. If other clubs applied before the AGM they would be considered, provided they had notified their present League that they were seeking to leave. Duchy League clubs would be barred because of the inter League agreement

Thanks Dave, I think that ECPL made us aware of that lol. I'm just glad that somebody else (Rob Brown) saw that the procedure might need looking at. That's the last on it from me. 

Thanks Dave. Seems a bit odd to me that places have already been given out when the closing date hasn't even passed. 

In my opinion the league should be renamed and mixed with both the duchy and Plymouth. Have a div prem and a div 1 of a mix of both and then split east and west (like a small version of the peninsular l, say at the Tamar bridge?) and have a 2 up 2 down across all the leagues, with top of both east and west/Cornwall and Devon going up into div 1 at the end of the season. In the same way the peninsular works. Obviously depending on ground etc. you could still have Jnr and snr football as just needs a cut off point at the east and west divide. It would also stop 'ringers' being brought in as you would only be able to sign for 1 club. 

I have not been on this forum for a long while, but I feel I need to have a say.  Will people stop having a pop at the ECPL  As in previous postings if you want to make a difference, I suggest you put your name forward at the League AGM.  Its a hard enough job as It is to run a league, whatever that standard may be.  All leagues are given directives by the FA, and they must conform to them.  The constitution has to be given its approval by the CCFA and the FA at Wembley.  People may not agree, I certainly do not agree with the FA on a lot of decisions, but that's life.

I was very surprised that Parkway and Elburton have reformed there 2nd teams, but I think it is credit to the ECPL that these teams have applied to rejoin the league.  Whatever your opinions, the league/clubs have accepted them back into the league.  I agree there could be a bit of tinkering with the league rules, but that is down to the clubs in the ECPL to            propose any changes

5 hours ago, allways believe said:

Unitedrhino what are you talking about , I was at the Pensilva v Bude game there were only three first teamers playing. Pensilva were not good enough on the day to beat Bude.

So the Bude 1st team bus on its way to Mousehole. Game cancelled redirected to Pensilva to play.

I stand corrected !

3 players helped beat Pensilva, were they the defence, midfield and forwards, that would be 3.?

16 hours ago, unitedrhino said:

So the Bude 1st team bus on its way to Mousehole. Game cancelled redirected to Pensilva to play.

I stand corrected !

3 players helped beat Pensilva, were they the defence, midfield and forwards, that would be 3.?

To make it even worse one first teamer started upfront and the other 2 were subs. 

we don't even have a bus so what are you on about ?

Dont make up pathetic excuses for being awful

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 12:24, Dave Deacon said:

Probus may have applied for the Combo, but they will definitely not get in as, similar to last year, there is no vacancy in the league.

Here we go again, same as last season. I just got the feeling that Dave is dead against Probus joining the Combo for some reason.

I think they would do well. Never mind keep trying Probus the Combo will run out of excuses one day. Closed shop springs to mind.

3 minutes ago, manutdfcok said:

Here we go again, same as last season. I just got the feeling that Dave is dead against Probus joining the Combo for some reason.

I think they would do well. Never mind keep trying Probus the Combo will run out of excuses one day. Closed shop springs to mind.

Why should I be "dead against Probus joining the Combo"? it doesn't matter to me who is in the league, however when I say they definitely won't get in it's because there are already 20 in the league and no vacancies.

I've spoken with Probus' chairman Ian Peters and although he is aware of the position and not holding out any hope, I just wish the Combo league would tell him the obvious so that no one wastes their time like last summer!