Kilkhampton    3v0    Boscastle Reserves

Saltash United Res    1v2    St Dennis Res

St Mawgan Reserves    1v3    Pensilva

The Reserve Team Cup

Godolphin Atlantic Reserves    3v3    St Minver  Reserves

Grampound Reserves    7v1    Pelynt Reserves

Duchy Prem Result

Padstow 3 2 Saltash Utd

A terrific fight back from the home side after going 2 behind in the second half to a very good Saltash team.

The game was played in a very strong wind which made for very difficult conditions in which to play football.
No score in the first half
Saltash played with the wind at there backs but failed to take advantage of the conditions.
The home keeper didn't have a save to make in the half but Padstow could have gone in at halftime 1 up when it looked odds on that Kev Allen would score when he rounded the keeper but the Saltash centre back made a superb goal line block to keep the scores level.

Saltash went 2-0 up in the second half thanks to some poor play on both occasions by the home side.
It looked like the home side were heading for their first home league defeat of the season but goals from Kev Murt & Tom Hull saw them draw level. The home side pushed for the winner and it came from a last gasp penalty when Dave Lockwood went down easily under a challenge in the box and the ref pointed to the spot. The away side could not believe it!

Rob Rowe coolly converted the spot kick after having to wait awhile as the ref cautioned at least one of the Saltash players
I can't comment on the penalty incident as I left at half time but from what I've heard Saltash can feel aggrieved they went away from Jury Park empty handed.

Padstow again leaving it late! Could've dropped 4pts in their last 2 games and have come away with 6. The gap at the top they've created may not be a true reflection on the league, but you can't argue with the facts. There must be some spirit in that squad at the moment to be getting results like this in such a manner.

Spot on Foul throw 3

We have a fantastic spirit within our players.
We've worked very hard to get where we are and yes we have left it late again today but we keep on playing right up to the final whistle like all good teams do. We simply do not know when we are beaten.

It was a very difficult conditions today and we were not at our best and yes Saltash can feel disappointed not to get something out of the game but good teams have a knack of getting the results when they don't play well.

I wish it was 6 points in the last 2 games but we drew 2-2 last week.

If you look at the league table you will see that we averaging 3 goals a game making us the top goal scorers and goals win games. We have one of the best defensive records aswell. Torpoint conceding only 18 after 11 games and we have 23 after 15.

On another note I know Saltash were upset at the final whistle but no reason not to come back for the food that was prepared for them.

New Forest, I've messed my maths up there, but I'm sure you understand what I was getting at. Gained 4pts when could've had 0 basically. I thought we, Torpoint, should've won last week and I imagine Saltash will feel similar on their long drive home now. The drive or result is no excuse for a no show to your social club though. I don't turn down free onion rings!

Your goals for is certainly the defining factor and you're right about goals winning games. If we at Torpoint had scored a couple more we'd be a lot better placed overall. But we do usually do look good at the back. We've got a lot of home games coming up at the fortress as we've only had 2 home fixtures. Let's see how close we can run you.

New Forest, I've messed my maths up there, but I'm sure you understand what I was getting at. Gained 4pts when could've had 0 basically. I thought we, Torpoint, should've won last week and I imagine Saltash will feel similar on their long drive home now. The drive or result is no excuse for a no show to your social club though. I don't turn down free onion rings!

Your goals for is certainly the defining factor and you're right about goals winning games. If we at Torpoint had scored a couple more we'd be a lot better placed overall. But we do usually do look good at the back. We've got a lot of home games coming up at the fortress as we've only had 2 home fixtures. Let's see how close we can run you.

I certainly do understand where you were coming from.

I see you had no game this week.
Crazy at this stage of the season.
Yes not many teams visit your place and come away with much.
Thought your team were excellent last week especially in the second half.

No doubt you boys are like ourselves taking 1 game at a time.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Newlyn East 0 Lostwithiel 1. Really enjoyable day, good set up well reffed and my old mate John Dent in the opposition net. Great effort mate I won't reveal your age but great to see you after a long time and you rolled back the years. Hope you can get out of bed tomorrow and see you in the Vets soon. Cheers Bill.

Newlyn East 0 Lostwithiel 1. Really enjoyable day, good set up well reffed and my old mate John Dent in the opposition net. Great effort mate I won't reveal your age but great to see you after a long time and you rolled back the years. Hope you can get out of bed tomorrow and see you in the Vets soon. Cheers Bill.

Thanks Billy it was good to see you after what has been far too long, as for tomorrow, not sure at the moment as unable to get off the sofa. Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully it won't be so long before we have a beer again together

Reserves Cup Semi-final 2nd leg

Grampound Res. 7-1 Pelynt Res.

Grampound go through to the final 10-3 on aggregate after a good performance in the second leg after going 3-0 up after 15 minutes.

One of those 7 was the archetypal comedy goal (for everyone but the keeper) when the ball hit the crossbar, hit the goalie on the back on the way back down and bounced into the net.

Division 3

St breward 0 : 1 Veryan

In a hard game veyan came out winners with the only goal of the game came from bobbly lee johns. st breward kept fighting to the end and put in a good performance an im sure they will take a lot of points off of teams for the rest of the season! mom kai pearce with an outstanding performance in the heart of the veryan defence!!

Div 5, Real Saltash 7 v Week St Mary 1.

After being the referee in the div 5 game on Saturday 7th between Real Saltash v Week St Mary, I have to be honest and say that saying the game was a rout, when the away side went infront in the game, and it was 1-1 at half time, it was anything but a rout, Real Saltash had to work very hard to overcome Week St Mary in the second half, to win the game, and i don't know what was said to the Real Saltash players at half time by there manager, because they came out a different team in the second, and the away team just could not handle striker Wayne Skelton, who had a very good game, not just getting a few goals, but also setting up goals for his team mates, it was a very good game to referee, played by both teams in a very good spirit, by two teams who just wanted to play football, a credit to the league.

Roger Martin

Referee.