Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday Feb 14th 2015

Recommended Posts

Please post results and scorers below



North Petherwin   1 - 0       Lamerton

Pelynt                    0 - 2      St Stephen

Saltash United   2 - 2         St Dominick

St Columb Major      3 - 3     Looe Town

St Newlyn East  0 - 3       Torpoint Athletic



Foxhole Stars     6 - 2          Godolphin Atlantic

Premier Sixes    2 - 1           Grampound

St Mawgan         1 - 1            Altarnun

St Minver            1 - 1           LC Phoenix



Calstock               2 - 1          Gunnislake

Holywell and Cubert       4 - 1     St Neot

North Hill             0 - 2        Callington Town



Queens Rangers       6 - 0     Grampound Reserves

St Cleer Reserves      3 - 2        Tintagel               

St Stephen Res 3 - 1   North Petherwin Reserves

Tregony          2 - 4      Gorran  



Mevagissey        2 - 0         Pelynt Reserves              

Southgate           1 - 0      St Minver Reserves

Tregrehan Mills 2 - 1      St Merryn

Wadebridge Town     4 - 5           Delabole United

Rame Peninsula FC   2 - 2     Godolphin Atlantic Reserves

Real Saltash        8 - 2         St Mawgan Reserves



Pensilva               H - W       St Newlyn East Reserves

Week St Mary   5 - 2      Boscastle Reserves


KMD Developments KO Cup

Padstow United            1 - 2         Biscovey

Sticker  2 - 1    Lostwithiel           


Duchy League Cup

Boscastle             3 - 2       Kilkhampton

Lifton    0 - 4    Veryan

Stoke Climsland      11 - 2     Lanreath

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tregony 2-4 Gorran

Gorran started the game with 10 players and came out of the blocks quickly scoring a goal with a man still missing. Tregony tried to get back into the game but the gorran defending doggedly and tregony lacking the class with their final ball. Gorran scored a goal from a well taken corner just before half time.

Tregony scored an early goal almost straight from kick off in the second half with the Gorran keeper letting in a daisy roller. Tregony then pressed for the equaliser but the Gorran defence stood up to everything thrown at the them and scored two well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tregony 2-4 Gorran
Gorran started the game with 10 players and came out of the blocks quickly scoring a goal with a man still missing. Tregony tried to get back into the game but the gorran defending doggedly and tregony lacking the class with their final ball. Gorran scored a goal from a well taken corner just before half time.
Tregony scored an early goal almost straight from kick off in the second half with the Gorran keeper letting in a daisy roller. Tregony then pressed for the equaliser but the Gorran defence stood up to everything thrown at the them and scored two well

did the old man Peter Billing get on for Gorran or were you tongue in cheek saying they started with 10?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Minver 1 LC Phoenix 1

An intriguing game, this one. Minver started brightly and, predictably, moved the ball about with poise and purpose. However, Phoenix were disciplined in their positional awareness and afforded Minver very little. Sixteen year old Sam Iggulden-a product of the alumni team's in-house recruitment policy- set the tone for Phoenix with a dominant display of energy and drive, frequently breaking up Minver movement in the middle of the field and enabling Phoenix to launch testing counter- attacks. The Phoenix goal came courtesy of a keeper slip; Nathan Cox's lofted diagonal far post cross found the top right corner after the Minver keeper ( who generally had a solid game) lost his footing.
Minver came back and grabbed an equaliser before half time to set up an engaging second half. The game ebbed and flowed, with Launceston College Phoenix's Cam Bailey running the Minver defence ragged; Minver switched to a 352 formation to put pressure on the Phoenix defence, but it was a risky strategy with Bailey needing two and sometimes three Minver players to nullify his threat. Minver threatened several times in the last 20 minutes but produced very little to cause injured stand-in keeper Paul Smith any real concern. That they found little opportunity came directly from the organisation of the Phoenix defence and the commitment of the Phoenix midfield to track their players. As the game entered its final stages the referee, who had an excellent game in the face of some very vocal criticism from some Minver players, showed a red card to a Phoenix player for raising a hand to an opponent to set up a tense final few moments. Minver pushed for a winning goal, yet it was Phoenix who nearly snatched all three points in the final minute as another alumni counter-attack exposed Minver once again. A draw was probably a fair result, and given that Phoenix fielded 5 youngsters in their first year of adult football they were right to be the more satisfied side when the final whistle blew.

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match Award- Sam Iggulden; fearless and effective against a quality Minver midfield

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lifton 0 - 4 Veryan
golas from
Ollie young 2
Bobbly lee johns
Justin trebilcock

Is that the only way you ensure your name up there by posting it yourself?
Even though you hit the target me ol beauty, today goes to Mr Pete 'cool on the ball, class act, doesn't waste a pass, too old to run' Billing, turning out for Gorran today.
Nice to see you are warming up for the Junior cup semi my friend.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Minver 1-1 LC Phoenix

Very frustrating afternoon, could well have been out of sight by half time.
A miss hit long ball bounced into an empty net after a goalkeeper slip to put Phoenix one up.
Sam Cleave equalised soon after from a corner but we couldn't push on against a stubborn defence.
Phoenix had a clear game plan to clear for safety and hault and disrupt any attack by any means.
Phoenix should have had a red after an awful high lunge on a Minver midfielder midway through the second half.
I normally only comment on a ref to praise but today felt ours was very inconsistent.
Credit to Phoenix for battling hard and sticking to a rigid game plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pelynt 0 - 2 st Stephen
Never been part of a game with so many bizarre ref decisions shame spoiled what could of been a cracking game!

Referee denied Pelynt a perfectly good goal and to justify his poor decision he booked the scorer for a foul that didn't happen. He then didn't send the same player off for a very poor challenge because he knew he had made such a balls up of the first decision. From them he utterly lost the plot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Premier leaders Padstow United are out of the KMD Developments Knock Out Cup beaten 2-1 at home at the quarter final stage by first division Biscovey. The visitors defended well with Lee Budge converting two of the few chances they created. Padstow were very complacent and despite having a lot of play they created little with Rob Rowe getting their lone goal. 
Another Premier side also fell as Lostwithiel went down 2-1 at Sticker after extra time. On a drying pitch made for good football both teams did just that, and there was little to choose between either side. Sticker were certainly not overawed by their Premier visitors and took the lead on the half hour when a shot from Mark Williams looped off a defenders foot and past Billy Davies. Sticker saw the first half out with no further scoring. The second half was just as evenly matched but following a long throw Josh Cook swivelled well to crash home the equaliser. Neither side could break the deadlock in normal time although Lostwithiel came closest. Sticker took the lead in the first period of extra time with Jack Boardman taking a through ball and shooting home. As hard as Lostwithiel tried they could not break a resolute home defence which saw the game out. 
Kilkhampton suffered their first defeat in Duchy football when going down 3-2 after extra time in the quarter-final of the Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup at Boscastle, but they came very close to an upset. Kilkhampton were leading 2-1 with goals from Sennen Swain and Luke Scaife. Jake Dickinson had scored the first goal for third division Boscastle but with the game going into its final minute up stepped Sam Haddy to equalise for the hosts. Harley Westlake then put Boscastle into the last four with the only goal in extra time. 
There was an easy passage to the last four for Stoke Climsland who trounced Lanreath 11-2. Forty-two year old Ian Cook scored a hat trick, a feat repeated by Ben Jeffery, The other goals were shared between Adam Savage, Tom Savage, Ashley Dobson, Chris Crawford and Toby Chapman. Lanreath from two divisions below their opponents replied through Connor Bone and James Barrett. 
Veryan won 4-0 at Lifton to reach the semi-finals for a second successive year. Ollie Young scored a brace with Alex Pearce and Justin Trebilcock adding a goal apiece. 
In the Premier Division Saltash United had a dream start in the opening 20 seconds at home to St.Dominick with Josh Tapp striking from 25 yards. St.Dominick equalised in the 12th minute with another good shot from distance from Jacob Landers. The visitors took the lead two minutes before the interval through Austen Price, but two minutes after the restart Tom Easson restored parity. The game remained keenly fought with chances at both ends before ending in a fair two all draw. 
St.Columb Major were facing another home defeat 3-0 down to second placed Looe Town before a tremendous fight back saw them snatch a three all draw. Jan Subert, on his debut, gave Looe a 36th minute lead against the run of play. Three minutes later Luke Cloke doubled the visitors lead and when James O’Brien added a third in the 57th minute the home supporters feared the final result. However the home players responded in great style. Luke Worrall pulled back a 65th minute goal and four minutes later Tom Ball added a second. Ben Marks then struck a 75th minute equaliser. There was no further scoring but the game had a late flashpoint with a player from each side dismissed after a fight. 
In a very competitive game St Stephen came out 2-0 winners at Pelynt. In the first half the pace was quite breath-taking. St Stephen put the ball in the net in the 41st minute only for it to be ruled out for offside. St Stephen eventually took a 49th minute lead at the start of the second half when a James Truscott free kick to the far post was headed across the goal by Ryan Hayhurst into the path of Craig Coad who netted from close in with his left foot. Pelynt had a goal disallowed in the 54th minute for a foul on Andrew Sincock. They went close again in the 65th minute and hit the bar in the 80th minute but St Stephen got a second a minute from time when Bryan Paull got pushed over in the area and Ross Dunn converted the penalty. 
Josh Sanders gave North Petherwin the lead at home to Lamerton in the fifth minute following an indirect free kick. It was to prove the only goal of a good game played on a very tricky playing surface. 
Torpoint Athletic were 3-0 winners at St.Newlyn East. 
Foxhole tightened their grip on the Division One title as their nearest challengers dropped points. Foxhole beat Godolphin Atlantic 6-2 and were comfortable apart from a short period after the restart. Aydan Rundle fired them into a 6th minute lead with Jamie Robinson scoring a second in the 20th minute. Foxhole made a mistake in defence allowing Joel Rollason to pull a goal back but Robinson restored a two goal lead before half time. Godolphin started well in the second half and threatened a come-back after a fine goal by their leading scorer Ben Colquhoun. Foxhole though quickly re-established their supremacy with Robinson claiming a hat trick goal. Zak Brokenshire scored a fifth with Rundle getting his second to complete the scoring. 
St.Minver dropped two crucial points when being held one all at home by LC Phoenix. Sam Cleave scored for St.Minver with Nathan Cox replying for Phoenix.
St.Mawgan were also held one all at home by Altarnun. Stuart Harris for St.Mawgan and Sam Smith for Altarnun. 
Premier Sixes revived hopes of avoiding relegation after a late winner from Ben Currah gave them a 2-1 success over Grampound. Alex Moorcroft gave Grampound the lead which they held until half time despite being reduced to ten men after a two-footed challenge. Premier Sixes had also failed to level when Martyn Probert put a penalty wide of the post and Al Titteringtons spectacular volley crashed back out off the post. Martyn Probert eventually pulled the game level with Currah scoring the winner five minutes from time. Grampound were very unlucky with a late chance that was tipped onto the crossbar. 
Callington Town closed in on the Division Two leaders after a hard fought 2-0 win at North Hill. The game was evenly fought with Callington just having the sharper edge. Kieran Prescott scored both their goals. 
Holywell/Cubert Athletic beat St.Neot 4-2. Simon Holmes scored a brace with Peter Bruce and Lee Mann completing the home tally. Jimi Thompson scored the visitors consolation goal. 
Calstock gave up home advantage against Gunnislake with their own pitch unplayable they agreed to play the game at St.Anns Chapel. Calstock won 2-1 to complete the double over their neighbours in consecutive weeks. Jon Candy gave them the lead with a good long-range shot before Gunnislake equalised. Calstock just about deserved the win which came when Berryn Phillips scored with a late header. 
Jamie Seery scored four goals as Queens Rangers thrashed Grampound reserves 6-0 in Division Three. Jake Hughes and Grant Williams completed the rout. 
Gorran had a fine win 4-2 at Tregony. They only had ten players for the opening minutes of the game but still took the lead. Another player arrived to bolster their numbers and they scored a second before half time. Gorran belied their league status to secure the points after the interval. James Rogers Mike Brennan and a Peter Kirby brace for Gorran with Kieran Davey and Andy Barnes replying for Tregony.

St.Stephen reserves claimed three important points in their fight against relegation beating fellow strugglers North Petherwin reserves 3-1. All the goals came in the first half. Jack Mingo put the hosts into a 14th minute lead, but Petherwin replied virtually just after the restart through Grieg Freeman. Curtis Dalby scored direct from a free kick in the 30th minute, a goal that hit the stanchion and bounced back in play, but both referee and linesman gave the goal. Anouar Jamai scored the hosts third just before half time. 
Zak Peel scored a hat trick as St.Cleer reserves beat Tintagel 3-2. Shaun Keeble scored both Tintagel goals in reply. 
Mevagissey overcame a very wet home surface to beat Pelynt Reserves 2-0 to enhance their Division Four promotion hopes. Ryan Lavery hit both goals. 
Gareth Smith was the hero as Southgate Seniors picked up a very welcome three points after beating St.Minver reserves 1-0. Reece Heywood gave the home strugglers a 35th minute lead. St. Minver fought back strongly after the break and were awarded a penalty which was saved by Smith. The home team then conceded a second penalty but again Smith was their saviour with a second spot save. 
Tregrehan Mills had a close fought 2-1 win over a under strength St.Merryn. Lewis Husband gave the hosts a 25th minute lead with a shot from fifteen yards. The first half was quite even with the hosts claiming a second in the 65th minute when Husband crossed and Dean Dingle scored from close range. Five minutes later Mills had a goal ruled out for offside and then faced a fight back from the visitors. St.Merryn hit the bar before Josh Dark volleyed their goal into the top corner. Mills were then indebted to their keeper Tom Adams who made a fine save in the last minute to preserve their lead.
Godolphin Atlantic reserves dropped two points after being held to a two all draw at Rame Peninsula. Connor Gibson scored both home goals. 
Wadebridge Town were on the wrong end of a nine goal thriller at home to Delabole United losing 4-5. Ladislav Andrashazi scored a brace for the hosts with Nathan Osbourne and Sam Smith adding a goal apiece. Delabole won with a Kieran Barrett brace and goals from Glen Burrell, Jordan Blanchard and Mac Irwin. 
Week St.Mary beat Boscastle reserves 5-2 in Division Five with Rob Pearce hitting a hat trick. Frank Barriball and a Jimmy Shanks penalty completed the home tally with James Bosley and Aaron Washer replied for Boscastle. A bad day for the visitors was compounded by their keeper receiving his marching orders in the final minute. 
Real Saltash won comfortably in the late kick off at Saltmill beating St.Mawgan reserves 8-2. Wayne Skeldon scored a hat trick with Mike Morrish and Tyler Borthwick adding a brace apiece. James Mason completed the home scoring with Steve Grocock and Chris Leach hitting the visitor’s consolations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprise surprise, the St Minver report blaming other elements for their draw against Phoenix rather than taking a lesson from the fact that it doesn't matter what pretty football you play if the ball doesn't end up in the net. I watched the game and the phoenix goal keeper was only really troubled a handful of times. The refs get a lot of stick and in my opinion they do a great job. It may have been a red yesterday, but then he did send a phoenix man off for shortly after an offence which a Minver player also committed straight after and got away with. You win some you lose some, the refs give what they see and believe. Rather than moaning about the decisions perhaps be grateful that you had a man in the middle available to allow your game to be played. Its duchy 1 remember, not the football league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A highly entertaining game, lots of action and talking points. But for all the skill and talent Minver have in their squad I have one criticism and that is if they concentrated on the game rather than shouting ref or handball every time a phoenix player put in a challenge or controlled the ball with the chest they may have took all three points. although I agree the ref was a little inconsistent for BOTH sides. Screaming at the ref to book a player is a no no at any level of the game disappointing to see, in my limited experience of duchy football you don't get a lot if you go at the referee of 90 minutes      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say pelynt are an unsporting team,they wished us well in the junior cup after the game and in the clubhouse when we went to leave,fair dues the tackle was out of order and probably deserved a red and to be fair the player should of had a Red as he made a meaty challenge soon after and nothing was made of it but that's the refs fault as he was very inconsistent with his decisions,me personally I love a physical game and likes a tackle but unfortunately those days are gone,good luck to pelynt for the remainder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looked a good challenge from where we were - your guys on the line said the same. In fairness St Stephen weren't adverse to a two footed challenge or three. Maybe you would like to put those videos up here?


Funny thing is that it wasn't a particularly ill-tempered game until the referee managed to wind everybody up with his bizarre decisions. Best of luck to St Stephens in the Junior Cup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was the player who got two-footed ok? Looked bad in the clip....lucky his leg wasn't planted or it would have snapped!


I don't regard Pelynt as a dirty team by any means, but I do remember they brought on this big lad who was flying in like an idiot against us.....may have been the same bloke perhaps? More interested in trying to hurt people than play football. Shame cos it lets down a very good footballing side and a good bunch of lads at Pelynt.


Good luck in the Area Final Pauller8, i'll be coming down to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andrew sincock morcs,Think the player was desperate to get the ball n score cos they were losing not going in with the intention to hurt him! I've put in similar tackles b4 n not been punished n done less n got booked just depends on who the ref is I suppose but his 2nd tackle was a lot worse n he came out with a corker to the ref,he sed summin like I've just been booked so it's not like I'm gonna do another reckless challenge on purpose n risk getting sent off,I was laughing with their winger who couldn't believe it either lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a difference between dirty and tough. Having watched the video a few times I can't see anything dirty about it. I've played with and against that player and I wouldn't describe him as dirty either.Having a player who wins their tackles is an asset and with a different referee his goal may have stood. His trailing left leg isn't off the ground. It only looks bad because of the pace he won the ball at, that doesn't result in a foul in my opinion. I do appreciate though that people will want to protect their players. Just my opinion and that's what the forum is for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...