Cornwall Football Forum

R.I.P Bill Lamin

macca

Very sad to hear the news of Bill's passing. A great teacher and club stalwart. He was also instrumental whilst in the role of Sunday League Secretary. We held a minutes silence for him this morning at our game, it's extremely sad to hear this news. RIP Bill..

That man got me back playing Sunday league when I was supposed to have retired, I'll never forgive him for that, but nobody else would have talked me into it. :-)

Proud to have been a team mate & a friend.

I'm sure he'll be organising a Sunday league as soon as he gets through those gates.

Thoughts with all his family. RIP.

Terrible news. I didn't know Bill that well but did some work with his club some years ago and was impressed with his enthusiasm and committment. He did huge amounts with the Sunday League and had great ideas to curb behaviour that I've always felt should be continued in other leagues.

RIP Bill you were a great servant to football and a really decent guy.

Tommy

Can only echo the above comments. Really lovely guy, you could talk local football all day with Bill. Saw him quite a few times unfortunately on the ward when he was in but was always in good spirits. Condolences to Bills family and many friends, he will be a great loss to everyone who knew him.

I echo all the above sentiments; Bill was a top chap, great teacher and huge contributor to the successful running of the West Cornwall Sunday League!

I agree with Phil, a trophy in his name would be very fitting!!

Condolences to all family and friends

RIP Sir

I didn't know Bill personally, but after refereeing a Sunday League game between Praze and Wendron, and speaking to a couple of players, I learnt that he was a true gentleman, a well respected man who contributed an awful lot in making sure that the West Cornwall Sunday League ran smoothly. The minute silence was observed impeccably. Condolences to the family. RIP Bill Lamin.

im truly gutted to hear this. bill was a true character and its partly because of him that the west cornwall sunday league was so well run. it is wholly because of him and the 'p scheme' that ensured a game would rarely go without a ref.

his enthusiasm with crowntown was admirable, especially after some heavy defeats. i always enjoyed playing against him and once with him. he always made sure things were done in the right way.

i didnt know the late peter hickey but im so glad that i did know bill. im not involved in the sunday league but if a trophy was named in his honour im sure many would agree it would keep his memory going. perhaps someone could propose this.

RIP bill.

Saddened to hear this news. We started a Sunday side at Nancegollan back in the early Nineties and Bill joined us the following season. We all just wanted to play on Sunday's and Couldn't be bothered with all the paperwork, meetings etc. Bill stepped up to the plate and basically did all the stuff we didn't want to do. About a year later he changed the club name to 'Crowntown with Crowan' for sponsorship reasons in order to obtain new kit and goals. Also after years of hard work and perseverance He managed to secure funding for changing facilities, before this we changed in our cars for several seasons.

As a team we got some real hammerings in the early years, but as has been mentioned in other posts Bill always enjoyed the Game. We had some good away trips in the Sunday Cup with Bill of course arranging and driving the mini bus, and In 96/97 all the seasons of struggle paid off with promotion to Division 1. I stopped playing after the following season but Bill continued for many years, and no doubt was still bombing forward from Right back ("Get back Bill") lol

It was a pleasure to play with Bill, and without him I have no doubt that we wouldn't have lasted more than a couple of seasons.

Thanks for everything you did for us, RIP Bill