Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint pick up Evely Cup

Torpoint completed their season in style with a convincing 6-1 win over JCCL Cup winners St Day.
Despite Dominic Pullen giving the Tinners an early 9th minute lead, once Dean Cardew's side equalised in the 14th minute and then two minutes later went ahead through the same player, Ben Applegate, there was only going to be one winner.

Before the half time break Applegate scored again for his hat-trick and but for the St Day 'keeper Nick Richards making some last ditch saves, the Torpoint No 9 could quite easily had notched another treble after the interval!

Eventually though there was no stopping more goals coming from the Cornish Guardian East Cornwall Premier League's runners-up as Liam Thornton grabbed a brace in the 58th and 66th minute before substitute Jack Wood completed the scoring in the 82nd minute.

More photos on the CORNISH SOCCER website

Once again we have ANOTHER THREAD about the same competition.

My first visit to Victoria Bottoms and I must say what a great setting. A superb playing surface, congratulations to the groundsman and a cracking club house.

I believe Parkway have a very strong side!

Massive credit to them to win it convincingly in the end.

You would say that as your the gaffa moons.

If torpoint had the same team week in week out I would say they would of won but as they are a club and not just a team the 1st team have to take priority.

Having watched the millbrook game but not this one torpoint where expectional on that day!

and I believe With the exception of Matt David who I believe played on Sunday it was the same team that started the season with ecpl side.

I my opinion if that team against millbrook played week in week out there would only be one winner having watched parkway on many occasions and just scrap through with goals from a MR NEAL rescueing them they wouldn't of lived with that team in my personal view!

Well done to parkway on winning as it is a marathon not a sprint and the better team over season usually wins!

Love it how you think I'm the manager.... Haha

As you said the table doesn't lie!

Parkway won the league fairly. Probably had less 1st players helping out than Torpoint used this year.

Avis Roiden

Matt David

Hicks

Applegate

Cowd

Pacey. Although they work well as a club.

I believe in the winter months is where parkway won the league.

So no more sour grapes enjoy Bere Alston ?

Love it how you think I'm the manager.... Haha

As you said the table doesn't lie!

Parkway won the league fairly. Probably had less 1st players helping out than Torpoint used this year.

Avis Roiden

Matt David

Hicks

Applegate

Cowd

Pacey. Although they work well as a club.

I believe in the winter months is where parkway won the league.

So no more sour grapes enjoy Bere Alston ?

Pacey cowd and Applegate all started with Ecpl I believe and played for them last season all season!

Matt David , roiden , hicks I can not answer for.

I would imagine that roiden and hicks are good friends of the management having all played together at torpoint for many years!

You couldn't draw on your first team as Wayne hillson would let you! not even your clubs representives could be assed to show up for your trophy presentation that's how much they want you there! they don't even let you play your games!

Great club that!

Like I said I have only watched a few games this season from both teams but the ones I have torpoint looked the strongest!

Having said that I am also very impressed with millbrook in the way they keep trying to play even when it doesn't quite work great management from Ryan swiggsy and his team the way the game should be played!

Rocknrolla sounds more concerned with every other team apart from his own..... Must be down to the lack of silverware at his club/s this season!! torpoint and Saltash deserved there cup victories as did parkway by winning the league. I don't think it's any surprise seeing they are in the top 3 and are all reserve teams to established peninsula prem sides and I bet all 3 have had players used in both sides for whatever reason surely that's the point!?!

Have 2 say that the 2 best games I have seen in the ECPL this year were the 2 between Torpoint and Parkway. Both looked to have quality in numbers although having watched both teams on different occasions, parkway looked to have the same teams out most times and obviously consistency has eventually paid off with them winning the league. I do agree with Rocknrolla though and say as a club, I would be completely embarrassed if not 1 committee member turned up to witness them lift the trophy. Having spoken with league officials they said it was "Parkway all over". Good luck to both teams next year and hope we see some more great games between the two.

Have 2 say that the 2 best games I have seen in the ECPL this year were the 2 between Torpoint and Parkway. Both looked to have quality in numbers although having watched both teams on different occasions, parkway looked to have the same teams out most times and obviously consistency has eventually paid off with them winning the league. I do agree with Rocknrolla though and say as a club, I would be completely embarrassed if not 1 committee member turned up to witness them lift the trophy. Having spoken with league officials they said it was "Parkway all over". Good luck to both teams next year and hope we see some more great games between the two.

Thank you Teflon was nothing personal against the club just my opinion!

I watched the game against the two at parkway and have to say it was a good game.

I just feel that if torpoint had the same squad that started the season then they would of won the league!

Torpoint will always have a greater chance of winning the cups than the league as they know when it comes to the latter stages they can pull in the help from their lads who mainly play for the firsts. It seems parkway were able to consistently name that strong squad on a weekly basis which is what it takes to win the league.

Was talking about this season, not saying they haven't had success in the league in the past. They clearly had a good and consistent team who weren't involved with the first team, didn't they go unbeaten a few years back as well? Those players moved on and things change, that's football.