Cornwall Football Forum

STRIKERS GOALS PER GAME AVERAGES.

No kids this weekend and a bit of time on my hands so thought i would put on the anorach and get a few stats out!!! Got the idea from the bundesliga website actually!! Cant take the credit :-) Just thought the leading scorers would like to know how many goals they are scoring per game? The first total is number of starts made, the second total is goals scored and the third total is goals per game.

PREMIER

Findlay.....28.....34.....1.21
Adams.....26.....29.....1.11
Brown.....14.....23.....1.64
Abbott-Smith.....26.....21.....0.80
Carter.....23.....21.....0.91
Bray.....21.....20.....0.95
Tregay.....17.....20.....1.17

DIV 1

Richards.....29.....49.....1.68
Shackley.....24.....38.....1.58
Bray.....27.....33.....1.22
Nicholls.....28.....27.....0.96

DIV 2

Brown.....29.....32.....1.10
Stocker.....32.....32.....1.00
Keenan.....27.....30.....1.11
Hull.....32.....28.....0.87

DIV 3

Whitlock.....23.....34.....1.47
James.....31.....28.....0.90
Richards.....21.....23.....1.09
Johnson.....19.....22.....1.15

DIV 4

Oakes.....22.....31.....1.40
Dyer.....18.....29.....1.61
Dagger.....16.....28.....1.75
Carey.....28.....26.....0.92

DIV 5

Rapsey.....23.....54.....2.34
Thomas.....31.....51.....1.64
Mooney.....30.....46.....1.53
Grasso.....29.....43.....1.48

Zameneagra.....15.....36.....2.40

crickey that was more boring than i thought!!! going back to sleep :-(

Thanks Stu, i think you lot are scoring enough goals between you already!!! Marksy knows how many mars bars i eat when we are watching spud and Jack play anyway mate!!!

ps) Sorry Dobbie, i was just taking the top four from each league and didnt notice to be honest mate!! Thought the premier league deserved a few more though. Ive added it on now, cant ignore a strike rate like that bud!!!

pps) No worries Dave, catch up with you sometime mate.

I only know how many mars bars you have cos your taking them off me ;) lots of good lads there, stu won't thank me for mentioning jack stocker our captain , not played one game up front always central midfield. Not a bad return. Don't forget charity match mark may 19 th bud, will text you next week

This personally is the way I think a Golden Boot Title should be decided.

The players concerned should have to play a certain number of games, say 75% of their teams matches. This will take into account matches out for injury or unavailability.

You have to use a high % figure as a team could have a lad that is great but plays only on college holidays but can score goals.

This way of working out the Golden Boot Award means it will go to the most consistent player over the season, not a goal grabber who appears every so often.

You could do the same thing for a Golden Gloves Award, the least number of goals conceded by a keeper per game. Again the keeper would have to play in at least 75% of his clubs games.

Great idea Paul! Reckon you would be in with a shout there Eric!! Even most assists for a midfielder!?! Great to score a few goals but football is a team game with the result the main thing, what's the point of scoring if you lose the match!! Got offered a few goal bonuses to sign for teams back in the day but always refused, don't like that, a keeper wouldn't get a tenner a pen save or a defender a tenner for kicking one off the line and that's just as important towards the final outcome of a match?!! Looking at my bank account these days I sort of wish I took the offers now!!! :-(

Guest BenTheYeti

Not that it does my "street cred" any good whatsoever, but I can out-stat you both.. I've worked out the Appearances, Goals, W/D/L and Win Ratio for the St Ives Reserves Squad..
I need a girlfriend...

Yea mate like to know who's doing what and where :). Marazion have conceded 46 I think, Gwinear 32, that's in all competitions, and both playing around 33 games I think. Miners (Gwinears keeper) has had about 11 clean sheets I think.

Hey Ralph, looking through the stats I see your 165th in the div 5 top scorers. Com'on son, another goal and you could break into the top 100! Think you need to be a bit greedy at the free kicks.

Come on phil! Who says I'm any good at free kicks ha!

Yea mate like to know who's doing what and where :). Marazion have conceded 46 I think, Gwinear 32, that's in all competitions, and both playing around 33 games I think. Miners (Gwinears keeper) has had about 11 clean sheets I think.

Hey Ralph, looking through the stats I see your 165th in the div 5 top scorers. Com'on son, another goal and you could break into the top 100! Think you need to be a bit greedy at the free kicks.

Very good for the goal difference with the way it is at the top. Big game on thursday evening now, I think I'll pop down for that 1. Few on each side I'd be happy to see lift the cup, so good luck to your lads and all those redruth old timers as well, and I'll sit on the fence!

so good strike rates there and my dear friend rappo leading the way. credit to teams in teams no so prominent in their leagues.

they wanted more goals in football.

now are all these guys strikers or do we have any centre backs or keepers or anything non goal hanging area haha.

so good strike rates there and my dear friend rappo leading the way. credit to teams in teams no so prominent in their leagues.

they wanted more goals in football.

now are all these guys strikers or do we have any centre backs or keepers or anything non goal hanging area haha.

Correct not all strikers.. Some good greedy midfielders I bet! Ha