Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Tuesday 9th April 2013

Please can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

9th April 2013

Falmouth Athletic (OG) 1-11 St Day (Ryan Trathen 3, Gavin Boon 2, Chris Tolley, Danny Ford, Mikey Davis, Terry Rowe, Scott Grant, OG)

Att - 25

Illogan RBL (Luke Abbott-Smith 2, Luke Wort Tim Nixon) 4-0 Troon

Att - 40

Ludgvan (Gerens James 3, Tom Patrick 3, Dan Magee, Liam Devine, Jack Ramsey) 9-0 Hayle Reserves

Att - 65

Porthleven Reserves (Tom Annear 2) 2-0 Wendron United

Att - 35

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ILLOGAN RBL 27 23 2 2 86 27 59 71
2 ST DAY 29 20 3 6 98 43 55 63
3 LUDGVAN 29 19 2 8 94 48 46 59
4 PERRANWELL 26 17 3 6 72 36 36 54
5 PENDEEN ROVERS 27 16 6 5 69 39 30 54
6 ST IVES TOWN 25 14 8 3 65 33 32 50
7 WENDRON UNITED 28 13 6 9 57 46 11 45
8 MULLION 29 13 4 12 78 77 1 43
9 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 25 12 4 9 55 43 12 40
10 ST AGNES 25 11 6 8 52 39 13 39
11 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 27 12 3 12 54 63 -9 39
12 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 28 11 4 13 70 74 -4 37
13 ST JUST 26 11 3 12 57 55 2 36
14 RNAS CULDROSE 26 7 7 12 56 63 -7 28
15 TROON 27 8 2 17 52 70 -18 26
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 27 8 2 17 48 99 -51 26
17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 7 3 22 49 102 -53 24
18 HAYLE RESERVES 31 5 5 21 38 94 -56 20
19 NEWQUAY RESERVES 26 5 4 17 42 71 -29 19
20 HOLMAN SC 30 3 3 24 35 105 -70 12

men against boys tonight from their 1st goal in about a minute one way traffic all night well played .and well supported i the pitch and facilities were top notch ,not much joy for us tonight god luck ludgvan for the rest of the season ,onwards for us and wendron home sat we need some points from somewhere

Illogan scorers Luke Abbott smith 2 Luke wort 1 Tim Nixon 1

Great result with several players out and Shaun carter, Luke abbott smith, Steve abbott smith, Ian cullingham all stepping up brilliantly from the reserves , tim nixon home from uni and able to help and also Paul wolstencroft making his comeback after a year and a half out with a terrible knee injury, well done lads

Yes, it is. By the standards of any other county, except maybe Rutland, probably only Truro and maybe Bodmin would survive in "senior" leagues.

But, hey ! Matter, do uh ? I don't care as long as the Tinners win.

Up here in Gloucestershire, I can watch better football. But the standard of the tribal wars is pathetic.

Wendron suffered defeat at the hands to Porthleven tonight, losing by two penalties.

The Dron suffered a blow very early on when a Port forward nicked in front of Ryan Tresidder in goal and knocked the ball pass him. In the collision Tresidder came worse off and had had to go to hospital. A massive thank you to Daryl and co who helped stretcher him off and to the bar staff for being so helpful. Paul the Paramedic arrived and got Sids on the gas, making him feel much better, but we had to wait around two hours for an ambulance which is shocking really. Currently at Treliske now having some x rays.

The early loss shook Wendron and Portheleven scored the resulting penalty. From then on Wendron never recovered, making Port look good. Things were made worse when Ambrose received red for saying something. I applaud this if it was aimed at the ref, but really, this is done an infinite amount of times during a game, and if the ref does it for one, he has got to follow through for the rest of the game. We have had several sendings off for apparent foul and abusive language, but I am sure that if you asked neutrals then they would say that we are amongst the better behaved sides compared to some others. Doesn't make sense in my eyes.

Anyway, back to the game, Wendron then had a goal disallowed for offside, didnt see it myself so can't comment. The first half fizzled out, Port playing some good stuff at times and were the better side.

Wendron came out the second half and gave it their all, but failed to create any really chances. Wendron were by far the better side in the second period.

Porthleven were then gifted a second penalty after our centre half made the best tackle you will ever see. No appeals but the ref pointed to the spot.

We were then denied a clear cut pen for a push in the back but not given.

Port skipper was then dismissed for two bookings, perhaps a little harsh.

I'm really not one to have a go at refs and I often defend them on here. But tonight's ref really wasn't good enough. Took the enjoyment away from football, and did not do himself any favours at all. Least said the better.

Think the two Portheleven lads,they'll know who, really should have a look at themselves. Obviously good players but trying to get our player sent off for the pen which wasn't, then bragging about scoring two penalties, yes congrats on notching two pens against a right back..not really needed in what wasn't really a dirty or heated game.

Also, if your unlucky enough to witness another serious injury during a game, please don't keep yourself warm by booting a ball up in the air 10yards from the injuried player whilst he is trying to be treated.

All the best for rest of season, hope you stay up as it is a great club and nice place to play.

Thanks again to the bar staff and others who helped with Ryan's injury and being so accomadating. Credit to the club.

Well done to Dan Romes for donning the gloves and doing a grand job.

All the best

men against boys tonight from their 1st goal in about a minute one way traffic all night well played .and well supported i the pitch and facilities were top notch ,not much joy for us tonight god luck ludgvan for the rest of the season ,onwards for us and wendron home sat we need some points from somewhere

where were the tst team boy's tonight steve? with port winning and newquay's games in hand you need points, or hope tms don't make the grade

Thanks to daryl and anyone else from port who helped out tonight! Much appreciated. Just got home, found some scummy little mullion footballer up there to keep me company, going by the name of Richard Jenkin or something, I dunno. No break, just ligament stuff, boring! Thanks again to all, Sids x

WendronOfficial I'm not coming on here and leaping to the defence of the referee as I don't think he covered himself in glory!! But I would like to comment on the second penalty! I was stood right therein front of the changing rooms, now for me Moseley did touch the ball but he has slid in and from the refs view who was right behind the incident, your player has slid in from behind and taking the man first! In the split second decision he gave the penalty! I would of also given the penalty from his angle!! You should explain to your player about the risks of slide tackling in the penalty area. I have no idea why he just didnt stand up as the port player was really not causing any danger at that time!

WendronOfficial I'm not coming on here and leaping to the defence of the referee as I don't think he covered himself in glory!! But I would like to comment on the second penalty! I was stood right therein front of the changing rooms, now for me Moseley did touch the ball but he has slid in and from the refs view who was right behind the incident, your player has slid in from behind and taking the man first! In the split second decision he gave the penalty! I would of also given the penalty from his angle!! You should explain to your player about the risks of slide tackling in the penalty area. I have no idea why he just didnt stand up as the port player was really not causing any danger at that time!

Fair enough comment, I agree with our point that he could of ushered him rather than make the challenge. Fact of the matter though ismthenchallenge was made and it was a clean challenge, from where I was I thought he took the ball first and then made contact. The ref was not stood in front of the changing rooms and was in a decent position. I'm sorry but he had a howler last night, I hope he reflects on it as any player or manager does, and realises he has made some big mistakes and uses these mistakes to improve; just as any player or manager would do.

Best of luck in your semi final tonight, and again in your final replay Follower! Hope you bring it back to the West!

where were the tst team boy's tonight steve? with port winning and newquay's games in hand you need points, or hope tms don't make the grade

Thanks to daryl and anyone else from port who helped out tonight! Much appreciated. Just got home, found some scummy little mullion footballer up there to keep me company, going by the name of Richard Jenkin or something, I dunno. No break, just ligament stuff, boring! Thanks again to all, Sids x

I was only there for the nurses in short skirts I can assure you. Dont go getting any ideas that we're mates, you horrible little goat.

PS, take up golf.

Firstly SIDS1991 great news glad to hear you've not got a break!!

(I'll try and loose weight over the summer, so I can run quicker and get out the way!)

The moaning about everything else in the game though is pretty petty!

I honestly can't remember a bad tackle in the whole game!? Yeah there were fouls but actual bad challenges, I can't think of one?

Wendrons discipline was poor in the first half after the sending off (still better than some though) but Christ on a bike they had quite a few reasons to be annoyed (mainly the strange appearance of a red card). Second half I couldn't fault them.

As for trying to get your player sent off, what team wouldn't ask the question? After all we're in trouble at the wrong end if the league and let's face it you had a player sent off for sneezing! So...

Anyway I think its a shame it wasn't 11 on 11 I think it would of been a cracking game to play in or watch.

The most important thing is SIDS is ok, and I can assure you that if you felt we were being disrespectful by kicking the ball around that was certainly not our intentions, none of us would ever be that disrespectful to another player in the position he was in.

Firstly SIDS1991 great news glad to hear you've not got a break!!

(I'll try and loose weight over the summer, so I can run quicker and get out the way!)

The moaning about everything else in the game though is pretty petty!

I honestly can't remember a bad tackle in the whole game!? Yeah there were fouls but actual bad challenges, I can't think of one?

Wendrons discipline was poor in the first half after the sending off (still better than some though) but Christ on a bike they had quite a few reasons to be annoyed (mainly the strange appearance of a red card). Second half I couldn't fault them.

As for trying to get your player sent off, what team wouldn't ask the question? After all we're in trouble at the wrong end if the league and let's face it you had a player sent off for sneezing! So...

Anyway I think its a shame it wasn't 11 on 11 I think it would of been a cracking game to play in or watch.

The most important thing is SIDS is ok, and I can assure you that if you felt we were being disrespectful by kicking the ball around that was certainly not our intentions, none of us would ever be that disrespectful to another player in the position he was in.

Thanks Percy, appreciate your comments, and like you say; I wouldn't consider it a bad game.

Thought the kicking a ball round Sids was more lacking in common sense than disrespectful.

Think trying to get our player sent off was a bit desperate and unneccesary, and not nice to see, but hey.

Your right, would have been a good match up if 11 a side. We like to get the ball down and play and we were really looking forward to playing at Gala Park on a good surface with lots of space; and several of your boys can play too.

Like I said, all the best for the rest of the season and hope you stay up!

Also 10 v 10 can make a good game.

I am abit confused, People complain when the ref does nothing about the foul language and here we have a ref who has. We (referees) can not win. The player must have said something bad to get sent off. Wendron official, you said yourself you have had a few reds for foul language all the referee's cannot be wrong.

Mr law I am a manager, I have said before that all referees should be respected, as they in the main do a fantastic job. Lets face it if we don't have theses guys giving up their time we wouldnt have a game. I have said before that I feel that swearing should be stamped out totally, and that only the captain should be able to approach the ref! The frustration for us all is the gross inconsistency that we experience week in week out when the referee decides to send one off for swearing when there are many other players doing the same or worse all around! It is up to me as a Manager to improve the disipline of my squad, and we will be looking at that. I feel that in some cases the referee can inflame some situations. We were frustrated on Tuesday about the number of, in or opinion poor decisions, game changers! The good referees engage with the players and talk to them about the decision that has been made, the likes of Paul Windle and Goerge Patterson, do this and most of the time the situation is diffused, the refs that have played seem better at this. Respect should come from everyone involved in the game, including referees to players. I would also like to thank everyone at Porthleven on Tuesday for the way that Ryan, after he got injured, was treated. It's a good club, Dennis and Co are doing a really great job down there, good luck for the rest of the season.

Also 10 v 10 can make a good game.

I am abit confused, People complain when the ref does nothing about the foul language and here we have a ref who has. We (referees) can not win. The player must have said something bad to get sent off. Wendron official, you said yourself you have had a few reds for foul language all the referee's cannot be wrong.

Yes, as I have previously said, I applaud the fact that refs take action on the foul and abusive language. However, it lacks consistancy. If they are going to do take action they have to do it every time. I hate the way some players speak to referees and I am all for them taking action, but they need to do it every time for it to stop. There are teams a lot worse with their vocabulary from their players, management and co. but no action seems to be taken.

I think every ref should be made to watch the likes of George Patterson, Kevin Knowles, Andre, Mike Carter... Great examples of how to referee.

Please please, do not make me watch those referee`s, in fact there are stacks of good referee`s around and I could name you another 20/30 who are as good. In fact I have watched those referee`s and they are good but no better or worse than plenty of other referee`s so watching them as role models is pointless, all referee`s develop their own way of officiating, that`s why we are all different and as you say lack consistancy, I bet all the names mentioned were not consistant, if they were they were robots

It's just an example of some refs, I know there a plenty of good refs out there but their names are not known to me. I think that by watching other refs, officiating can only improve. Players watch other players to improve. Yes, agree that refs develop at different rates and each have their own uniqueness. But all can improve and develop, just like all players can.

I appreciate that refs will make wrong decisions, just like players, managers etc. but the point I'm trying to make is about language. If they send someone off for foul language, it needs to be carried on throughout the duration of the game. Not just be a one off.

We want local football to improve, clubs want more specatators coming through the gates. Parents of youth team players, or parents of local children are going to be put off allowing their children to watch football if they are hearing all sorts of language. It doesn't just come from referees, it has to come from players, management etc. too.

All I'm asking is that if a ref sends off a player of any team off for foul and abusive language, then that must continue througout the game. It's no good doing it once then ignoring it for the rest of the game.

I am on the refs side, believe it or not, it's a thankless task; and im extremely grateful for them. I've referred before, all be it at youth level, and that can be bad enough; so please don't think I'm a ref slater, I just think that they need to evaluate their performances and stick to their guns and the precedents they have set out in the match.

I'm signing off on this matter now.

All the best

So are you saying that if a player says loudly to an opponent/ referee "F*** Off" he should be sent off then I agree, he will on any pitch I am on, another scenario, a player scuffs a shot at goal he says "F*** Off " to himself quietly but only the referee hears it he also should be sent off ?( yes in LOAF he should) but in this case a referee uses selective hearing and may have a quiet word, but leaves it at that. i know what my course of action will be but then I am inconsistant. The problem with this game is it`s not black & white there are lot`s of grey area.

I agree with Mr Manning. Swearing is part of everyday life and 9/10 it is out of frustration and a quiet word or maybe a yellow when appropriate. But some words/ comments are unexceptable and should be stamped out the game altogether which is why its a straight card. What was the aleged 'foul language' your player used towards the ref Wendronofficial? Remember an offensive word is offensive to the person who heard it.

Also I would like to add not all yellow cards are for bad tackles so it is possible to get sent off for two yellow cards offenses without having having been a bad tackle in the game.

Seems like we are all in agreement Mr Manning and Mr Laws.

Yes I think the Port player was frustrated about his 2 yellows, but both were bookings in my eyes.

Not sure on the language our player used, it's not that I am disputing, it's the consistency in punishing players who use foul language that bothers me. It happened so early in the game, like you say, the ref may have been better off having a quiet word.

Anyway, what's done is done. On to Saturday away to Hayle.