13 Newquay 27 12 3 12 56 46 10 39
14 Torpoint 28 10 6 12 49 51 -2 36
15 Bovey 28 9 6 13 40 67 -27 33
16 Falmouth 27 5 6 16 31 58 -27 21
17 Cullompton 27 5 2 20 34 82 -48 17
18 Liskeard 30 4 4 22 35 91 -56 15
19 Penzance 30 0 2 28 19 143 -124 2
---------------------------------------------------------------

Awful game to watch, poorly reffed, Newquay had a penalty saved and then the player following up with an open goal jumps over the ball rather than ramming it home. Ivys goal was a fluke, soft effort that hit one post, rolled slowly across the line to hit the other post, before possibly just crossing the line as Blackler grabbed it.

The Ivy No.4 will make a great ref one day but in the meantime, he'd be better off leaving it to those that are qualified. Having said that we had yet another ref being assessed and of course as is often the case, applied all the rules far too strictly. Usually when a 'keeper is man of the match, it is because his side have relied on him to keep them in a game. Tonight, it was down to Blackler for the goalkeepers union to stand tall, he was our MOM for doing what little he had to do well.

A few of us were stood with a couple of entertaining Ivy fans, we had a competition between us to see who could come up with the worst adjective for the game as a whole. Dismal is the nicest word I can print. Nice set up at Erme Valley, pleasant ground, nice people and easy to get to.

As for the game, I blame Phil Hiscox, the man is a bloomin jinx.

Awful game to watch, poorly reffed, Newquay had a penalty saved and then the player following up with an open goal jumps over the ball rather than ramming it home. Ivys goal was a fluke, soft effort that hit one post, rolled slowly across the line to hit the other post, before possibly just crossing the line as Blackler grabbed it.

The Ivy No.4 will make a great ref one day but in the meantime, he'd be better off leaving it to those that are qualified. Having said that we had yet another ref being assessed and of course as is often the case, applied all the rules far too strictly. Usually when a 'keeper is man of the match, it is because his side have relied on him to keep them in a game. Tonight, it was down to Blackler for the goalkeepers union to stand tall, he was our MOM for doing what little he had to do well.

A few of us were stood with a couple of entertaining Ivy fans, we had a competition between us to see who could come up with the worst adjective for the game as a whole. Dismal is the nicest word I can print. Nice set up at Erme Valley, pleasant ground, nice people and easy to get to.

As for the game, I blame Phil Hiscox, the man is a bloomin jinx.

If your keeper is MoM, you miss a pentaly WHY is that the refs fault?? Seems that all goals scored against you are flukes?

A good 3 pts for Ivybridge.....

Draw would if been a fair result tbh

On a serious note, why r a big club like Newquay struggling?

Players they have playing for money and not the club?

Manager struggling?

Playing wrong formation?

This is not a dig, just concerned as Newquay with the players they have should be in the top 4 easy.

Ah the knock Newquay brigade out in force. How is the report biased, I'm sure I mentioned that a Newquay player could have scored when presented with an open goal after the penalty save. The ref did have a shocker, for both sides, stopped the game too often when advantages could be played, spent too long lecturing players and took 2 whole minutes actually booking one player, we thought he was chatting him up and getting his phone number... and yes the goal was fortunate, even Phil Hiscox refers to it on in his report on the SWPL Forum.

Newquay were poor, so were Ivybridge, it was a dire game to watch... biased ?, did I mention dismal ? Blacky was Newquays MOM, everything that was asked of him, which was not much, he did well. On a night when some players went missing for periods of the game, he stood out. Ollie Deadman came second in the fans vote, he was a 80th min sub, I think they call that self-deprecation. The Ivy No.9 was lively and is tipped for a move to a nearby club with promotion in mind.

Now chaps, feel free to knock Newquay for having an average season, a Cup Semi-Final where we didn't see out the whole 96mins, a mid table finish on a club budget far less than most of you can possibly accept. What payments that may be given to some players from other sources, are of no concern of the club. It may surprise you to know, that there are players at Newquay who play for no money at all, they have also turned down big money offers from other clubs to remain with The Peppermints.

Anything else you wish to know ?, any other pearls of wisdom you wish to impart ?, As always, I tell it as I see it, but please do not let the facts get in the way of your thought process. Newquay lost, neither side deserved to win, poor game, freezing cold, happy to have missed the England match and another ground ticked off.

Can't wait for you guys to get stuck into a certain SWPL Prem club, one that are courting a current Bankrupt who has made himself less popular than the Plague, they are on the lookout for funds next season, he appears interested. Nice plot of land that too, shame the Council own it, although I wouldn't put anything past all three parties to knock up a deal.

Fair point, I wasn't having a dig. Just concerned as have a soft spot for Newquay and want them to do well.

I thought they had a big budget, but considering what you have just said. Cup semi. Mid table finish on a small budget is a good season then.

What's your gossip then? Reference club have no money etc?

I agree Mark too many people slate Newquay. I been to watch them, competed against them and tbh the side play well and dont just turn up for the money. They have a few 2nd team players in as cover at moment and they're getting used to the tempo of this league until the others come back. hence why they lost to blazey, blazey just too strong although Newquay played the better. draw against us, newquay had more possession but didn't take chances and then again yesterday unlucky.

Big time charlies...?? They think they are big time but the league table says otherwise!!? The fools are the commitee for giving the big money to the manager in the first place to sign average players!! I should imagen on the inside Glynn is very dissapointed in how the season has ended up. Its common knowledge Newquay have one of the bigger budgets in the league..why else would the Plymouth based players travel down?

Big time charlies...?? They think they are big time but the league table says otherwise!!? The fools are the commitee for giving the big money to the manager in the first place to sign average players!! I should imagen on the inside Glynn is very dissapointed in how the season has ended up. Its common knowledge Newquay have one of the bigger budgets in the league..why else would the Plymouth based players travel down?

I'll repeat for those that fail to read everything, or just fail to accept that they might not be correct...

"feel free to knock Newquay for having an average season, a Cup Semi-Final where we didn't see out the whole 96mins, a mid table finish on a club budget far less than most of you can possibly accept. What payments that may be given to some players from other sources, are of no concern of the club. It may surprise you to know, that there are players at Newquay who play for no money at all, they have also turned down big money offers from other clubs to remain with The Peppermints".

Am I assuming rightly then judge - The club signs a player and offers him either no money or a "small amount " for playing - Thus keeping within the clubs agreed budget - And another source then pays said player from his / her own pocket.

If I am correct - and feel free to state otherwise - then it's surely every concern to the club because if it wasn't for the "top up payment " the player(s) in question would be off like a shot to a wealthier club

Either way, if Newquay are paying big bucks or not, with the big name players they have a mid table finish could be seen an under achievement. On seeing the squad they had assessemled in the early part if the season I was expecting them to be pushing top 4 if not pushing Bodmin a little closer for the title.

But that's just my opinion

To be honest ,do any of the players in this league deserve to be paid more than travelling expenses ?

Perhaps at the start of the season each player gets a new pair of boots on the club ?

This may help teams keep a steady squad and stop players moving from team to team so much.

Just my opinion ( contraversial as it may be ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I assuming rightly then judge - The club signs a player and offers him either no money or a "small amount " for playing - Thus keeping within the clubs agreed budget - And another source then pays said player from his / her own pocket.

If I am correct - and feel free to state otherwise - then it's surely every concern to the club because if it wasn't for the "top up payment " the player(s) in question would be off like a shot to a wealthier club

Your first paragraph is correct but applies to just one or two players. Newquay AFC as a club have a very strict budget, the manager knows the amount of expenses available to him from the club. The club have no control over 'other' expenses nor would they wish to become involved in such matters. If a player is not happy for one reason or another, I'm sure that they will 'transfer' to another club.

Players who left Pre-Season include : Andy Westgarth, Glen Squires, Dean Harris, Dave Hollow, Danny Carne, Chris Reski, Lee Bradd, Richard Ivers & not forgetting Paul Robertson. Therefore a rebuild was needed.

Players who have left during the season include : Josh Kemp (Australia), Lewis Hilton (USA), Joff Bunt (UAE), Paul Hampshire (Retired), Mike Arscott (Retired), Sam Farrant, Shane Jewell, Danny Zalick (All Saltash), Musa Sabo, Mamsy Sabo (both University), Jake Street (Sticker), Steve Machin (Keynsham Town), Cameron Bidgood (St Dennis), Johnny Ludlam (Injured). That is 14 players who have all played this season and are no longer involved (Ludlam is due back soon). I have not counted the 3 Truro City players brought in as emergency cover, they have all returned to City.

Players who have come in : Jamie Devine, Mark Vercesi, Matt Drummond, Josh Sims, Dan Magee, Matt David. The latter has played most games (11), this tells you that Hoops has not had time to mould a team together all season.

I would ask if any manager would be able to 'manage' a club with so many players coming and going ?, Add in injuries, suspensions, holidays etc; I think that Hoops has done a great job in getting Newquay mid table and a decent Cup run. We now have a core of players, most of whom will hopefully stay next season and with a settled side, who knows what we can achieve ?

And as Boveytracey1 says, we have one of the highest home support in the SWPL, and probably the best away support too. Not too bad for a club who are deemed failures by all outside of Mount Wise, but we know how far we have come in difficult circumstances, we also know we have a long way to go.

Thank you for your continued interest.