Cornwall Football Forum

Truro AFC v Sutton United FC - Sat 27th Oct 2012

I can't believe people can slate the prices at Truro after recent events. If you are a fan, buy a season ticket and save some money. If you are an infrequent visitor, £11 is a bargain in my opinion.

I also expected to pay for parking and Truro could be missing a trick here as I would sooner pay £2 to park at Treyew than walk from County Hall, Sainsburys or further.

Truro came into the game more in the second half and those lads ran their guts out considering they cannot be fully match fit and to only have one sub is probably what cost them. Andy Watkins was flogged to death running channels all day and duly pulled a hammy by the looks if it.

To concede so late was unfortunate.

Are they prevented from taking their SWPL players due the administration? Seems daft otherwise that some lads couldn't step up from the 2's whilst the squad has injury problems and an embargo.

It seemed Sutton travelled on the official England bus as well. Some piece of kit, FA12 ENG; bet that cost a penny or two!

It cost me £65 for my day return to Truro from a station 12 miles away from me, £2/3 quid for petrol, £4.10 car park, admission £7 OAP, money for food and drink at the bar so little or no change from £100 - a journey starting at 6.30 am terminating at midnight - for what?. That's easy to support my team, they in return again gave everything they had but for not having a sub to replace the injured Watkins we would surely have drawn with one of non leagues giants, famed for knocking Coventry City out of the FA Cup and who reached the second round proper of the FA cup last season which with TV rights earned them £100,000. We are seeing football league standard football from 20 years ago, yesterday wasn't the best of games, the wind affected that, but it was competitive throughout and there was a BUZZ around Treyew Road not experienced for a long time and little mention of previous regimes.

Again we deserved something from the game, (same at Staines on Tuesday), but the embargo is killing us.

Was it worth it? - YES it was although tiring for an old un.

At the standard of football being played, the admission at City is on a par with anywhere in the conference, so dear it is NOT.

P.S - To complain about the cost of taking three kids is the price you pay for having s e x, I know we had six children. :yahoo:

Six kids!

I suppose you didn't have a telly in those days and sitting in the back seat of the car with the missus listening to those doo wop records sort of made you get carried away!!!!

Did you name any of yours like the Beckhams, after where they were conceived?

My four would have been called Back Seat, North Cliffs, River Bank and Dining Room Table. :o

Six kids!

I suppose you didn't have a telly in those days and sitting in the back seat of the car with the missus listening to those doo wop records sort of made you get carried away!!!!

Did you name any of yours like the Beckhams, after where they were conceived?

My four would have been called Back Seat, North Cliffs, River Bank and Dining Room Table. :o

Like your reply but I couldn't call them all COMFY BEDS. :P

With my eleven grandchildren our business is RENT A CROWD. :smiley20:

Amended spelling - Oops.

I can't believe people can slate the prices at Truro after recent events. If you are a fan, buy a season ticket and save some money. If you are an infrequent visitor, £11 is a bargain in my opinion.

I also expected to pay for parking and Truro could be missing a trick here as I would sooner pay £2 to park at Treyew than walk from County Hall, Sainsburys or further.

Truro came into the game more in the second half and those lads ran their guts out considering they cannot be fully match fit and to only have one sub is probably what cost them. Andy Watkins was flogged to death running channels all day and duly pulled a hammy by the looks if it.

To concede so late was unfortunate.

Are they prevented from taking their SWPL players due the administration? Seems daft otherwise that some lads couldn't step up from the 2's whilst the squad has injury problems and an embargo.

It seemed Sutton travelled on the official England bus as well. Some piece of kit, FA12 ENG; bet that cost a penny or two!

And aparently they stayed at the Greenbank Hotel in falmouth the night before as well !

why come on hear an moan about the prices the higher u go the more money u pay2 get in 2 the grounds spend less on dinner lol unluky 2 day but things can only grt better :c:

I'm not moaning cornishman64, I just think that charging less on admission would encourage more people through the gates which may, in the long run, raise more money - "less is more" as they say.

were did you get the £39 from 2 adults £22 ,3 children £6 = £28,unless you have children over 16

Well deduced truros mr mourinho - I do indeed have a child over 16.

why come on hear an moan about the prices the higher u go the more money u pay2 get in 2 the grounds spend less on dinner lol unluky 2 day but things can only grt better :c:

I'm not moaning cornishman64, I just think that charging less on admission would encourage more people through the gates which may, in the long run, raise more money - "less is more" as they say.

were did you get the £39 from 2 adults £22 ,3 children £6 = £28,unless you have children over 16

Well deduced truros mr mourinho - I do indeed have a child over 16.

Unfortunately many people do not realise how far up the football pyramid Truro City have gone, they are only one promotion away from the top league in non league football, just two promotions from the Football League, when playing in such company spectators have to pay for the privilege, Truro City is already one of the cheapest teams to watch in the Conference South, if Truro reduced prices any increase in numbers would not compensate for the reduction.

I was interested to see what it would cost at other clubs if eventually we could get promoted to the Conference Premier so I looked at a few clubs, Grimsby Towns cheapest prices are Adult £18 - OAP £12 - 15's to 21 £12 - Child 1 to 14 £8. Newport, Luton and Dartford is £15 Adult - OAP £11, £10 & £8 respectively, under 16's down is £5 at Newport and Luton, at Dartford 12 to 17 is £8 and under 11's £3.

Football is not cheap when you compete at the higher level of English Non League.

If Truro City can survive which looks likely they may need a season or two in the Southern League, consolidate as a club and hopefully get promoted back into the Conference as one of the stronger members devoid of money problems, that would only happen if people turn up in numbers and pay what it costs.

If reaching the Conference Premier sometime in the future, as a Club or County we should be satisfied to become an established club at that level. If it is Southern League or Conference South, we would still be watching football with a high level of skill.