Cornwall Football Forum

Players Have Been Paid!

http://www.thisiscor...tail/story.html

Club captain Jake Ash confirmed to thisiscornwall.co.uk on Friday afternoon that Truro City's players have been paid by the club, writes Rhod Mitchell.

In the latest twist to the crisis at Treyew Road, Ash said: "We are pleased with the news, and hopefully the club will be able to field a full strength team for the first league match of the season at Billericay on Saturday week."

Truro's players had given a week's notice, which ran out on Thursday at 10 am, that they would be unavailable for selection unless they received overdue wages.

But Ash confirmed that cheques were received by the players on Friday morning, had been banked, and that the squad planned to train tomorrow.

It is understood that new investment may have been attracted to the club, securing the immediate future of Truro City, but Ash underlined that the players would be seeking assurances about future wage payments before the league season kicks off.

http://www.falmouthp...to_the_players/

The dark clouds surrounding the future of Truro City FC seem to have cleared today (Friday) after it was confirmed that the first team players had received their wages.

The players had issued the club with a week's notice, last Thursday, for their unpaid wages to be delivered to them - a deadline which passed without any word from the club.

The squad said they would be forced to quit Treyew Road, just days before the new season was due to start, if the money was not forthcoming.

This was because if there was no money for the players’ wages, there would be no money for the club's travel costs and other expenditures needed to keep them alive in the Conference South.

Chairman Kevin Heaney was reported to be in talks with investors in London to solve the problem, but up to the Thursday deadline the only communication captain Jake Ash had received from the club was to tell to tell the players they were not allowed to play for anyone else while contracted.

However, there was good news for the players and the fans on Friday afternoon after it was confirmed that cheques had been received players and banked by the first team squad.

The players then confirmed that they would resume training on Saturday ahead of the start of the new season away at Billericay Town on August 18.

Now onwards and upwards for the new season which starts a week Saturday against Billericay. :yahoo:

thanks havnt been sleaping well zzzzzzzzz

Nor would I have been sleeping well with that sort of track record behind me, but glad I could help.

Meteoric rise through football built on a sea of debt and winding up orders/unpaid bills, something to look back on with pride.

Never thought through, with insufficient revenue streams, not unlike Germany attacking Russia in WW2, could never be acheived or sustained. Crowds of 500 in the football league would have been a complete embarrassment to Cornish football, in a stadium that our dopey council so nearly built. A stadium that would have have been built on debt as well, year on year and sustained by the ratepayer of Cornwall.

You cannot wear blinkers for the rest of your life as to the facts of this rise to fame.

You can put as many zzzzzzz as you like but the facts will not go away and will always be brought to bear.

Every post by Truro supporters should be followed by an apology to those who suffered in its wake.

Nor would I have been sleeping well with that sort of track record behind me, but glad I could help.

Meteoric rise through football built on a sea of debt and winding up orders/unpaid bills, something to look back on with pride.

Never thought through, with insufficient revenue streams, not unlike Germany attacking Russia in WW2, could never be acheived or sustained. Crowds of 500 in the football league would have been a complete embarrassment to Cornish football, in a stadium that our dopey council so nearly built. A stadium that would have have been built on debt as well, year on year and sustained by the ratepayer of Cornwall.

You cannot wear blinkers for the rest of your life as to the facts of this rise to fame.

You can put as many zzzzzzz as you like but the facts will not go away and will always be brought to bear.

Every post by Truro supporters should be followed by an apology to those who suffered in its wake.

TheolderIgetthebetteriwas

Not So the Truro Supporters do not owe an Apology, they have suffered more than anyone,

& all they want is Truro City Football club back, & the sooner they get back to the original football club in the Colours that the love the better

Hammers :c::thumbsup: :c:

Never thought through, with insufficient revenue streams, not unlike Germany attacking Russia in WW2, could never be acheived or sustained. Crowds of 500 in the football league would have been a complete embarrassment to Cornish football, in a stadium that our dopey council so nearly built. A stadium that would have have been built on debt as well, year on year and sustained by the ratepayer of Cornwall. You cannot wear blinkers for the rest of your life as to the facts of this rise to fame. You can put as many zzzzzzz as you like but the facts will not go away and will always be brought to bear. Every post by Truro supporters should be followed by an apology to those who suffered in its wake.

Oh no, not another Victor Meldrew :excl:

i dont get why people want to be so negative about truro. we being cornwall should be proud of what they have done for football. everyone person makes mistakes it cant be helped sometimes. mr heaney has put alot of money into the club and got them to where they are. regardless if people like him or not that doesnt matter its the club going ofrward. money is hard to come by atm even people with it and keeping it close to them. having a staduim in cornwall wouldnt just benifit truro but benifit the county. youth football, cup finals, rugby. it give people a target to play their. instead of writing negative rubbish about what truro should or shouldnt be doing. the players have been paid and now its time to concentrate on the first 3 points of the season.

im not truro fan but i can see what they have done over the year and achieved to where they are now. if more people got behind them maybe they will achieve that bit more.!!

Never thought through, with insufficient revenue streams, not unlike Germany attacking Russia in WW2, could never be acheived or sustained. Crowds of 500 in the football league would have been a complete embarrassment to Cornish football, in a stadium that our dopey council so nearly built. A stadium that would have have been built on debt as well, year on year and sustained by the ratepayer of Cornwall. You cannot wear blinkers for the rest of your life as to the facts of this rise to fame. You can put as many zzzzzzz as you like but the facts will not go away and will always be brought to bear. Every post by Truro supporters should be followed by an apology to those who suffered in its wake.

Oh no, not another Victor Meldrew :excl:

Yes, but a realist as well.

Not So the Truro Supporters do not owe an Apology, they have suffered more than anyone,

& all they want is Truro City Football club back, & the sooner they get back to the original football club in the Colours that the love the better

Hammers :c::thumbsup::c:

Point taken, but they have been aware of how this farce has been funded. Truro will be remembered for their rise to glory, but more so for the farce that will see its end.

Point taken, but they have been aware of how this farce has been funded. Truro will be remembered for their rise to glory, but more so for the farce that will see its end.

I DONT BELIVE IT.

I DONT BELIVE IT.

You better because its coming.

my god your slow!

Not as slow as you - it's taken you until this week to post on the subject! :SM_carton: Perhaps your alter ego's couldn't agree! :yahoo: :yahoo:

What are you? the parrot. I've been reading this fairy story for the last few years and I could not contain my mirth anymore, so I thought, what the hell ! lets put my two penny worth in - glad you like it.

Golden eye, more like blind in one eye. LOL

Hello Polly. OOPS! sorry goldeneye, inner turmoil? what, laughing my socks off at the people who followed this Brian Rix farce and could not see it coming. Truro city bought for a £150,000 debt that was incured chasing a £2,000 prize. The economics of insanity.

Truro were ripe for any carpetbagger that came along, as are a few others. In that respect Truro were unlucky, they just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time and own their land - sitting ducks.