Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 8 Farnborough 2

Guest smashing pumpkin

just went down there thought id watch until i got to the pay box and seen that it was a tenner to get in .then i thought about it and thought na im not

paying a tenner to watch truro city. time i would of got in brought a programme (which i bet is also over priced) got a hot dog and a hot up of tea( its a cold night) then i hear u also have to pay to sit in the stand. pound or something. i bet truro city would of had nearly 20 pounds out of meif id watched tonite not alot for some people but for a low earner with bills to pay. it must cost alot supporting truro city. maybe if i grew up watching truro i would not be moaning and might find it money well spent.

Shame I couldnt be at the game today. I live in Plymouth and the trains are currently out of service between Plymouth and Par due to works being done and I don't drive.

I run the line this season for Truro City Seconds and asked the club admin to contact me if they needed any extra help tonight but did not get a call back so didnt want to spend my money on the buses down there, but seeing the score I should of done now LOL. Plymouth are losing 1-0 so listening to that instead.

i was going to run the line for our seconds v holsworthy at treyew sat but woking has taken priority so i wont have a game everyone get down there and show your support. st blazey st austell nd bodmin are all away why make a long trip to north cornwall or south devon when there will be a cracking atmosphere saturday

just went down there thought id watch until i got to the pay box and seen that it was a tenner to get in .then i thought about it and thought na im not

paying a tenner to watch truro city. time i would of got in brought a programme (which i bet is also over priced) got a hot dog and a hot up of tea( its a cold night) then i hear u also have to pay to sit in the stand. pound or something. i bet truro city would of had nearly 20 pounds out of meif id watched tonite not alot for some people but for a low earner with bills to pay. it must cost alot supporting truro city. maybe if i grew up watching truro i would not be moaning and might find it money well spent.

You don't have to pay to sit in the stand anymore plus there were no programmes tonight (odd).

And yes Truro won 8-2. After going won 1 goal down, Walker smashed a penalty which was quickly followed by a Yetton goal, his first in a long time. HT it was 7-1, a complete blitz of Farnborough with silky passing and finishing on show. A sending off early in the second half and the game turned into a training exercise, 8-2 at the end. 4 points off the play-offs now!

Make sure you get down to Truro on Saturday for the finest football Cornwall has to offer against 1st placed Woking. You won't regret it either, I anticipate a crowd of over 1000!

Smart move Sherlock, just hope you went home and got an English book out and learned something about the written language tonight.

Well, Truro won their match last night,

to read all of the comments you would have thought that Truro had beaten M U,

let us look at some facts,

Farnborough 19th in the League 4 off the bottom, Truro Sixth, No contest.

So come on Truro City if you could not beat Farnborough you should be drummed out of the League,

Now I know most Truro City Fans dislike Falmouth Town,

But last night Falmouth 6th in the League beat Liskeard 1st in the League,

tell me which is the best result Truro city's or Falmouth Town,

you should be able to work that one out.

Hammers :c::clapper::c: :clapper:

:clapper:

Falmouth V Liskeard, that's just pub football mate.

In addition, what about Truro's result on Saturday, went to Dartford who had a 100% home record and beat them.

These so called supporters of Sunday league teams can be a bit forgetful I know.

THERE WAS NO PROGRAMME, HEARD THAT PRINTERS NOT BEEN PAID.ALSO HEARD GROUNDSMAN NOT BEEN PAID FOR 3MONTHS,ALSO A TRIP TO THE OLD BAILEY ON MONDAY,FOR THE GINGER,COME ON MR DEACON,TELL US ,UR ALWAYS THE 1ST TO TELL US HOW AMAZING TRURO FC ARE, ARE THE RUMOURS TRUE,ITS ALL GOING PETE TONG,RISE LIKE A SALMON,FALL LIKE A STONE

Edited by Dave Deacon
Personal slant

Well, Truro won their match last night,

to read all of the comments you would have thought that Truro had beaten M U,

let us look at some facts,

Farnborough 19th in the League 4 off the bottom, Truro Sixth, No contest.

So come on Truro City if you could not beat Farnborough you should be drummed out of the League,

tell me which is the best result Truro city's or Falmouth Town,

you should be able to work that one out.

Hammers :c::clapper::c::clapper:

Okay I'll tell you. Truro's result was better. Scoring 8 against a FULL-TIME CLUB is a lot better than beating Liskeard 4-2 in the division that is 4 below BSS. As our fans sang to Farnborough, "Cheer up, Falmouth's worse than you!"

I think a lot of people are forgetting that a vast amount of Truro's squad have played Professional football in their time at a higher level than what they're playing now.

The team on the pitch are certainly doing well and producing some great results. If only the club could be the same off the pitch.

nearly 500 there last night. Likely to be a crowd of 1000 plus there on Saturday, so who are they going to watch? Woking or Truro?

Guest smashing pumpkin

if id had paid my tenner to go watch last nite it wudnt be to support truro city. so it would not of been money well spen, id support any team playing truro evan if they were

playing madron and i HATE MADRON.

Edited by Dave Deacon
language

THERE WAS NO PROGRAMME, HEARD THAT PRINTERS NOT BEEN PAID.ALSO HEARD GROUNDSMAN NOT BEEN PAID FOR 3MONTHS,ALSO A TRIP TO THE OLD BAILEY ON MONDAY,FOR THE GINGER ,COME ON MR DEACON,TELL US ,UR ALWAYS THE 1ST TO TELL US HOW AMAZING TRURO FC ARE, ARE THE RUMOURS TRUE,ITS ALL GOING PETE TONG,RISE LIKE A SALMON,FALL LIKE A STONE

As far as I'm concerned Truro are part of the amazing world of Cornish football! However, maybe a bigger part than some, which is why they get more publicity and coverage than others. :c:

Everything stated above is nothing new, most of it is not rumour but known fact, and at the moment there's a lot of people, rightly so and including the players, who could well be thinking that Saturday's game will be the last as we know it.

One final thing There's only 1 no9, I've edited your post slightly as no matter how much you might dislike someone, there's no need for personal attacks via this forum - he can't help how tall he is after all! :thumbsup:

Slummer, If you think Falmouth are only a Sunday team,

Let me remind you What was the score when Truro Played Falmouth before the Start of the Season,

3- 2 was it, I would say that is a pretty good performance for Sunday team,

I have nothing against Truro, they have done well for Cornish Football,

But it is strange that when Truro loose a Match, very little is said on this Forum, Win a Match & everyone is shouting how good Truro is, play off's in sight, in line for promotion ? even though the season is not even half way through, You cannot get away from the fact that Looking at both sides form, Truro were by far the better team, & any betting man would have put a bet on Truro winning, not Farnborough, Dave come on now Truro & Farnborough on a par with Falmouth & Liskeard, I do not think so.

Also Truro supporters do not like anyone making comments about their club but your supporters will come to Falmouth when Truro are away, & have the cheek to make remarks at our ground that Falmouth only won because the other team were poor, some of your supporters were in our club last Saterday, & were heard to say Buckland will have no problem beating Falmouth, they soon fell silent, If you cannot take fair comments about your club do not make them about other clubs,

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

THERE WAS NO PROGRAMME, HEARD THAT PRINTERS NOT BEEN PAID.ALSO HEARD GROUNDSMAN NOT BEEN PAID FOR 3MONTHS,ALSO A TRIP TO THE OLD BAILEY ON MONDAY,FOR THE GINGER,COME ON MR DEACON,TELL US ,UR ALWAYS THE 1ST TO TELL US HOW AMAZING TRURO FC ARE, ARE THE RUMOURS TRUE,ITS ALL GOING PETE TONG,RISE LIKE A SALMON,FALL LIKE A STONE

Smashing result to beat Farnborough, and with a smaller squad.

As for you no 9, I think any more of this attitude and it'll be you at the Old Bailey!

Glasshouses and stones come to mind.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Let me remind you What was the score when Truro Played Falmouth before the Start of the Season,

But it is strange that when Truro loose a Match, very little is said on this Forum, Win a Match & everyone is shouting how good Truro is, play off's in sight, in line for promotion ? even though the season is not even half way through, You cannot get away from the fact that Looking at both sides form, Truro were by far the better team, & any betting man would have put a bet on Truro winning, not Farnborough, Dave come on now Truro & Farnborough on a par with Falmouth & Liskeard, I do not think so.

Also Truro supporters do not like anyone making comments about their club but your supporters will come to Falmouth when Truro are away, & have the cheek to make remarks at our ground that Falmouth only won because the other team were poor, some of your supporters were in our club last Saterday, & were heard to say Buckland will have no problem beating Falmouth, they soon fell silent, If you cannot take fair comments about your club do not make them about other clubs,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

nice post hammers.

nice post hammers.

We all remember Dads Army ! well its a bit like Corporal Jones said about the Germans THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THOSE TRURO FOLLOWERS , not fans because once it crashes they will be gone

Only 450 watching the latest home game!! Wheres the big support gone??

Argyle had nearly 800 at Oxford last night.

Youll never match that kind of support!! ^_^

Plymouth's in LEAGUE FOOTBALL and they get a lot of Cornish fans. And I mean a lot. As Truro and Plymouth pass each other in the pyramid, so will the support. Relegation to the BSP will be that spark. Nighty NIght Plymouth.

No it's the other way round. When Truro win this forum is a morgue, when Truro lose this forum is alive.

Only 450 watching the latest home game!! Wheres the big support gone??

Argyle had nearly 800 at Oxford last night.

Youll never match that kind of support!! ^_^

That is not a bad gate really for a cold and wet Tuesday evening.

I reckon that is about 449 more than St Blazey get on a match day at the moment.

Slummer, If you think Falmouth are only a Sunday team, Let me remind you What was the score when Truro Played Falmouth before the Start of the Season, 3- 2 was it, I would say that is a pretty good performance for Sunday team, I have nothing against Truro, they have done well for Cornish Football, But it is strange that when Truro loose a Match, very little is said on this Forum, Win a Match & everyone is shouting how good Truro is, play off's in sight, in line for promotion ? even though the season is not even half way through, You cannot get away from the fact that Looking at both sides form, Truro were by far the better team, & any betting man would have put a bet on Truro winning, not Farnborough, Dave come on now Truro & Farnborough on a par with Falmouth & Liskeard, I do not think so. Also Truro supporters do not like anyone making comments about their club but your supporters will come to Falmouth when Truro are away, & have the cheek to make remarks at our ground that Falmouth only won because the other team were poor, some of your supporters were in our club last Saterday, & were heard to say Buckland will have no problem beating Falmouth, they soon fell silent, If you cannot take fair comments about your club do not make them about other clubs, Hammers :c::clapper::c:

Hey Hammers I remember going down to watch that pre season game very well.Now correct me if i'm wrong.Was that the same game that Truro fielded a majority of trialists in the first half (who now play in the reserve side) when Falmouth scored their 3 goals.And was it not the same game that you had to borrow Truro's goalkeeper because you didn't have one,who by the way kept you in the game in the 2nd half.

Come on Hammers,dont go looking into this game as some sort of famous victory,as it was no more than a getting some match fitness exercise for both teams.

I dont like to boast or belittle Falmouth,but if we played each other today it would be no contest at all.

Well Kit 65 I seem to remember reading the forum the day after the match & it clearly stated that Truro played all of their first team sometime during that Match, yes we did have a Goal keeper from Truro but at the end of the day he played a good game, also the two Falmouth players who scored the Goals in the first half were substituted, & falmouth had two second team players playing, & if Truro were so good no matter who played for you, being 5 Leagues above Falmouth you should still have beaten us

& the way the Falmouth team is playing at the moment they would still give you a good run for your Money,

there is also one thing that you still have not surpassed Falmouth at, that is they are still the only Cornish side to have reached the first round proper of the FA Cup twice,

I notice that you have gone back to that game v Falmouth but no real comment with regards what I stated in my last remarks. PS are you also called Slummer ?

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

So you took the time to go to Treyew Road - found out it was £10 to get in - so turned round and went home?

How much dod you think it is to get in - 3/9d ?

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

My tenner is SAFE, it says "HE NEVER WENT ANYWHERE NEAR THE TREYEW ROAD GROUND"

Truro City - One of the cheapest admission charges in the Conference - at £10

ONLY ONE CLUB ARE CHEAPER THAN TRURO CITY.

Dorchester Town froze their admission charges for the 5th year running at £9.00

MOST EXPENSIVE

1 x Salisbury City at £13

11 clubs charge £12

1 club charges £11.50

4 clubs charge £11

4 clubs charge £10 INCLUDING Truro City

1 club charges £9 - Dorchester

TRURO CITY - NOT milking the supporters pockets.

Well they wont stop going Argyle to follow Truro if they havnt now!!!

The Truro glory fans will be looking for somewhere to spend the saturdays soon!! :closedeyes:

Nice one Paul , Hopefully very soon they will be going shopping on saturdays with their mummys or girlfriends when little truro are in the Falmouth Helston League !!

Well they wont stop going Argyle to follow Truro if they havnt now!!!

The Truro glory fans will be looking for somewhere to spend the saturdays soon!! :closedeyes:

Nice one Paul , Hopefully very soon they will be going shopping on saturdays with their mummys or girlfriends when little truro are in the Falmouth Helston League !!

What a prat,you are.

There really is no point in posting anything at all about Truro City FC on this forum. All you get is mindless idiots who have never played football at their standard trying to belittle them.

Im pretty sure that if these people put their negative energy into doing something constructive they would have a better out look on life.

no I dont support Truro, It won,t make a great deal of difference to me whether they win or lose, but in saying that they are our top local team and i will always look for their results as I do most other teams

Guest smashing pumpkin

So you took the time to go to Treyew Road - found out it was £10 to get in - so turned round and went home?

How much dod you think it is to get in - 3/9d ?

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

yes i took my time to go to treyew road and yes i found out it was a tenner and yes i went home you are correct.

i just looked at the bigger picture and thought 10pound entry , progaramme price ? hot drink ? pasty or something? then i hear you have to pay a pound to sit in the stand. it all adds up. i only had 15 pound in my wallet . but by the sounds of all you loyal truro fan you find all this peanuts and must have money to burn like heaney . which is fine because when they get wound up you can buy the club from him and carry on the journey to succsess.

There really is no point in posting anything at all about Truro City FC on this forum. All you get is mindless idiots who have never played football at their standard trying to belittle them.

Im pretty sure that if these people put their negative energy into doing something constructive they would have a better out look on life.

no I dont support Truro, It won,t make a great deal of difference to me whether they win or lose, but in saying that they are our top local team and i will always look for their results as I do most other teams

Well said Deadcert,it's like being in the school playground on this forum sometimes !

Guest smashing pumpkin

Well said Deadcert,it's like being in the school playground on this forum sometimes !

takes 2 to tango

Yeah i agree,as ive stated before im not a truro fan but follow their results keenly and wish them every success because the higher standard of football closer to me geographically the better.Over the years ive always played so called grass roots football at Fal athletic ,falmouth town and for my sins penryn but if i have the choice to watch conference south at truro i will and will do so on saturday,getting boring now but if people dont like truro city dont click on the blue square conference south thread!

Thanks lucky13, I actually by choice like to watch falmouth town reserves when they are near to Penzance area. Another thought is if anyone had a 16 year old son who is currently playing at a good standard maybe Premier penisular or west/east peninsula where would his parents like him to start his progression to league football to Truro City FC springs to mind. Falmouth,s Mark Vercesi would have never had the chance to play any higher than he is now if was,nt for the likes of Truro.And I am 100% sure if Kevin Heaney decided to look for another club in this area ALL clubs would welcome him with open arms. Question for local football fans," Who wins the peninnsula leagues?"

Answer the teams that pay the most money to drag in the "best" players.

Truro City - One of the cheapest admission charges in the Conference - at £10

ONLY ONE CLUB ARE CHEAPER THAN TRURO CITY.

Dorchester Town froze their admission charges for the 5th year running at £9.00

MOST EXPENSIVE

1 x Salisbury City at £13

11 clubs charge £12

1 club charges £11.50

4 clubs charge £11

4 clubs charge £10 INCLUDING Truro City

1 club charges £9 - Dorchester

TRURO CITY - NOT milking the supporters pockets.

This didn't please the local morons - No reason to slag Truro City off when it comes to prices.

From August 22 2009 Truro 2-3 Farnborough

Line-ups; Truro: Wilkinson; McConnell, Ash (capt), Santos Gaia, Power; Taylor, Clay, Broad, Walker; Afful, Watkins. Subs: Brooks, Pugh, Martin, Watts, White.

Farnborough:Barnard; Stevens, Opinel. Wormull, Robinson (capt), Doyle, Mcmahon, Holloway, Ibe, McDonald, Bubb. subs: Williams, Ciardini, Dossu, King, Ray.

From October 25 2011 Truro 8-2 Farnborough

Truro: Tim Sandercombe, Barry McConnell, Ed Palmer, Joe Broad, Scott Walker, Danny Clay, Stewart Yetton, Barry Hayles, Andy Watkins, Steve Adams, Les Afful Subs: Arran Pugh, Cody Cooke, Dan Smith, Andy Taylor, Marcus Martin

Farnborough: 17. Jake Somerville, 2. Nathan Webb,3. Doug Bergqvist, 4. Philip Appiah,5. Adam Bygrave, 6. Jack Holland,7. Tommy Murphy, 8. Ashley Winn,9. Reece Connolly, 10. Alex Woodyard, 11. Josh Pearson Subs: 12. Tony Garrod, 14. Jordan Merriman, 15. Esmond James,16. Callum Cobb,1. Alex Tokarczyk

Underlined players in the second list were in the squad for first game. As you can see, ten Truro players were in both and NO Farnborough players played in both.

Farnborough have had massive financial problems, the manager left and

the whole team followed, they have been rebuilding for about a year.

I read an article highlighting their current squad it showed many football league

clubs names, against all the remainder it said football league experience.

They are like many clubs having their problems.