Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 8 Farnborough 2

Deadsert, Knowing keven Heaney's history I doubt very much if other clubs would welcome him,

But I agree with a lot that has been said I too like to look & see how Truro City are doing because they are the biggest club in Cornwall, I only defend my club Falmouth Town when we get some so called Truro supporters who have no respect for other clubs, the history between Falmouth Town & Truro City goes back a very long way & you just cannot forget that,

also all clubs either now or in the past have had problems in some form or other,

we have to accept that, & move on,

I have said this on may occasions, it is the Truro City fans who have to take the stick, when comments are made about Mr Heaney, because of who he is, & if he was to ever leave Truro City it is the loyal fans who will have to suffer the fallout,

I do not believe that any true Cornish fan would wish Truro City to come crashing down from where they have worked hard to get.

Hammers :c: :c:

there is also one thing that you still have not surpassed Falmouth at, that is they are still the only Cornish side to have reached the first round proper of the FA Cup twice,

Hammers :c::clapper::c:

Falmouth have actually appeared in the F.A Cup 1st Round on three occasions :

1962-63 (h) v Oxford United

1967-68 (a) v Peterborough United

1969-70 (h) v Peterborough United

"up the town "