Cornwall Football Forum

People do not need to be insulted when mentioning who MAY have been behind "The Saving of Plymouth Argyle".

Like somersetspur, I too appreciate what Mr Heaney has done for Truro City on a journey no one thought possible.

If Plymouth Argyle were to fold, NONE OF US WANTS THAT, there are plenty of passionate people to Independently

resurrect them from the ashes but please not AFC Plymouth Argyle, I would rather see Plymouth Argyle United.

Should Truro City succeed and get promoted to the Blue Square Conference Premier before the Stadium for Cornwall

was built I could see no reason why they couldn't ground share, unless there is a rule governing the maximum mileage

a ground share arrangement needs to be from the football clubs home base.

Playing at Home Park is not an option for Truro City supporters, they are Truro through and through hoping to be rivals on the field with a football club (up and running in the correct manner) who they have admired from afar for too long.

Good humoured banter from time to time is healthy between rival groups but no one wants Plymouth Argyle or Truro City to fail.

to be united in the future should surely mean a unification, mountaineer. argyle and truro? in your dreams. where do you people live for christ's sake? what a load of drivel!

Where we live doesn't come into it, where you went to school may. read it again.

If there was no Argyle the people of PLYMOUTH would do an AFC type rescue, UNITED amongst themselves.

Pablo's got it wrong AGAIN but we come to expect that from him, he knows a lot about drivel.

Nope!

Mountaineer, are you paid to talk twaddle? If not, you should be, you do it so well.

To be united means what it says, unfortunately there is no other club in the world Argyle can be united to. Argyle will sink without trace.

"Where do you live" actually means; where is youyr brain at. I suspect you have no idea.

You, Mountaineer are wrong.

Just for the record, old feller; I was watching Argyle before you even jumped on the TC FC bandwagon. Let's see now: I was at Elland Road in around 1972, January if I'm not mistaken; FA Cup 4th round. Argyle lost 2 - 1 I believe, may have been 3 - 1. Anyhow it was a while ago but I was there.

Just a thought: are some of you City supporters hanging on to Heaney, or hanging on to the club you supposedly idolise? Think about it!

The Administrator has a lot to answer too, but giving BIL preferred bidder status, he keeps extending the deadline.

If BIL had the money and Mr Heaney had too, then I'm sure it would have been in place by now, not still imminent.

There's rumours circulating this morning that Mr Heaney has pulled out of the deal

Players and staff have yet to be paid after 8 months! Administrator has been told that the cash will be imminent but how many times have the supporters been told that.

BBC Cornwall Sport has just stated Argyle captain Carl Fletcher says some players may have to sell their houses as they can't afford to live there anymore.

I have been told that if the players have not been paid by Saturday they are going on strike and Peter Reid may be forced to play a entire youth team.

Argyle will not go out of business no chance of that if they have to play the youngsters on satday im sure they will play there hearts out unlike some of the players that are in the 1st team who just dont seem to care some of the first team are just not any good and should never of been signed to be quite honest they are crap .Also the way truro are playing at the moment theres not a hope in hell of them goin up they seem to be out of there league at the moment and they seem weak in all departments and the boy palmer on loan from torquay should be sent back the only player i have seen who is any good in this league is aaran pugh the rest are just not up to it ,so mr heaney forget about plymouth and concentrate on truro .

Todays latest - Ridsdale and the administrator nowhere to be seen,Paul Stapleton at home park this morning.The BBC reporter Matt Slater has just tweeted that The Administrator is now in definate contact with James Brent.Does that mean that Bil/Heaney have pulled out?.Don't blame the players for striking,as for Mountaineer chosing between AFC Argyle or Plymouth Argyle United,dont talk such bullshit

Have just heard through a friend of my old mans who lives in Saltash,that Bil group have today definately pulled out from the takeover.Don't know if true,but he is usually a very reliable source of what happening at Argyle.Hopefully their is enough time for the Brent group and trust to get involved.Nothing of the pull out by BIL on pasoti as yet.

I'm a fan of local football, and would love to see Plymouth argyle and Truro city do well or any other local club for the record.

But I asked the question to start the topic, because I just smell a rat and don't think the take over of argyle is for the right reason.

But believe me, I hope that I'm totally wrong.

You, Mountaineer are wrong.

Just for the record, old feller; I was watching Argyle before you even jumped on the TC FC bandwagon. Let's see now: I was at Elland Road in around 1972, January if I'm not mistaken; FA Cup 4th round. Argyle lost 2 - 1 I believe, may have been 3 - 1. Anyhow it was a while ago but I was there.

Just a thought: are some of you City supporters hanging on to Heaney, or hanging on to the club you supposedly idolise? Think about it!

The TCFC bandwagon, you jest, my connections with Truro City goes back to the 1940's, my family was a part of the small band of people overseeing things during the war years, as a schoolboy I marked out the pitch, my father (after being invalided out of the army) with others looked after team affairs, my mother although dying from cancer made, laundered and ironed the kit, the heavy flannelette RED and BLACK quartered variety.

Oh and I remember banging in the goals at Treyew Road in the 1950's.

You go onto Argyle, my first interest in them was when my brother played for them, I became a regular visitor to Home Park when Bill Shortt was the goalkeeper and Maurice Tadman the centre forward, I remember the visit of Hull City and Raich Carter played on the left wing. In 1962 I organised 15 train loads of Tottenham Hotspurs supporters to play Argyle at Home Park in the FA Cup 3rd Round.

Almost forgot, DECADES ago I was made a life time Vice President of Truro City football club, even before Mr Truro (Robin Netherton's time, we all know what he did for the club), but that was short lived what with the various change of regimes.

So my friend MY CRAP IS GOOD CRAP. - I am not so sure about yours.

Todays latest - Ridsdale and the administrator nowhere to be seen,Paul Stapleton at home park this morning.The BBC reporter Matt Slater has just tweeted that The Administrator is now in definate contact with James Brent.Does that mean that Bil/Heaney have pulled out?.Don't blame the players for striking,as for Mountaineer chosing between AFC Argyle or Plymouth Argyle United,dont talk such bullshit

I have read my original post and am mystified why you may be offended, it doesn't mention an amalgamation of the clubs, that is a never, all I indicated was that should the club fail in the fight for survival, they did not adopt the AFC label many clubs have done, I mentioned my faith in PLYMOUTH people reforming which would have to be with a different name, united was only an example thinking of like believing supporters uniting for the common good. Perhaps I didn't write it clearly enough.

The ground share for a year or so was mentioned as a way of putting money into the Pilrims coffers.

I think we are all of the same view, the attaction of owning Plymouth Argyle is the LAND.

Both clubs live on a precipice.