Cornwall Football Forum

Can Wendron Survive?

Guest wendron

Guest wendron

Wendron are under new management, On behalf of the previous Managers H Wara and R Greet i would like to explain the reasons for leaving. As we all are aware Wendron are in tough times, due to a lack of support from the clubs football committee and far to much interference from certain people they have decided to walk from the club. They would both like to thank all teams they have met this season and would like to thank all players for their support. Wish Wendron all the best for the future and hope they pull through.

Wendron are under new management, On behalf of the previous Managers H Wara and R Greet i would like to explain the reasons for leaving. As we all are aware Wendron are in tough times, due to a lack of support from the clubs football committee and far to much interference from certain people they have decided to walk from the club. They would both like to thank all teams they have met this season and would like to thank all players for their support. Wish Wendron all the best for the future and hope they pull through.

whos the new management?

Is it true that peter thorne went behind H wara and R greets back to get the guys from truro city reserves? they were offered the job whilst they were still in post? total betrayal by the sounds of things.

Guest wendron

not to sure Phil mitchell however if that is correct about Peter Thorne thats another 2 good blokes pushed away by the accused. Could the 2 from Truro if it is true turn wendrons luck?? Possibly not as they had money at truro and we all are aware the Wendron football committee wont allow to pay players as this was a problem the 2 previous managers came into contact with.

It is very possible that Wendron could lose their Senior football status next season if the positions stay as they are. With teams in FHFL and Mining applying for Combo league looking good to get a top 3 finish and grounds capable of passing the ground criteria.

Combo League Table

Holman Sports 24 5 2 17 -41 17

Ludgvan 21 1 2 18 -75 5

Wendron United 24 0 3 21 -74 3

Portreath 22 0 0 22 -150 0

Guest wendron

Wasnt it passed at the original AGM that there is no relegation for the combo league this year?? i could be wrong? like you say Wendron could end up with only junior football and some of the best facilities in my eyes. Also the 2nd team are strugling at the bottom of the league this means that wendron could end up dropping another team??

Wasnt it passed at the original AGM that there is no relegation for the combo league this year?? i could be wrong? like you say Wendron could end up with only junior football and some of the best facilities in my eyes. Also the 2nd team are strugling at the bottom of the league this means that wendron could end up dropping another team??

What i can't get is what with all the funding they have recieved over the years why cant they get players to want to play for them???

The funding they have been given by whoever would look at what is going on! and think has this money helped ?

Off the pitch yes and on the pitch no!!

At the last Combo meeting ( held at Wendron ) who were not represented???? Wendron!! If the barmaid walked 10 yards she could have signed the book to say that she was at the meeting!! :unsure: :blink:

No.

What was passed (or really an application to change the rules was defeated), the Combination League will keep 20 teams for next season after promotion and relegation. The rule change would have reduced the numbers to 18 clubs.

Come to the Pz v St Day match Wednesday night and read my programme as it's all in there. They're free to the first 60 people after that you'll have to share with someone else. 20 pages, all colour and free!

Money at Truro Reserves. Shows what people think! None.

After working under them that this will work well. Vast experience in their playing careers and a successful record in bringing very good young players to their potential. Just look how many county youth players have come through Truro Reserves and their management.

Guest wendron

look how many players have gone through wendron youth?? theres a reason why there playing for falmouth, penryn, porthleven, st day just to name a few also no one said it wont work under new management im just strugling to see how? with 2 teams 1st and 2nd both bottom of the league they need a good 10 players to put both teams in a half decent position

Guest wendron

Exactly dave if they were SWPL players they wouldnt be where they are now the 1st year yes some were but they lost quite alot of players to other teams and had to make up the 1st then swpl and 2nd combo teams up of falmouth/helston league players some of these not experienced at all in mens football. Right anyway good luck to Wendron and lets hope that this isnt the end of senior football for underlane

Makes a joke of the funding wendron had from the fa and sport england.At least wendron can boast soon about having the best facilities in junior football.Maybe they should have spent some of the funding on a player budget.Instead of having 4 changing rooms and 4 showers in each room,maybe they should down size to 2 changing rooms as they only have 1 pitch and solar panels on the roof for the excellent showers.

Bananaman - we have 2 combo approved pitches, not just 1 pitch.

It has been a hard season at Wendron with so many comings and goings. We have tried and experimented with things that havent always worked, but hopefully the new management team can start to put a succesful side together to finish the season off strongly and compete next season.

I would like to thank H Wara and Roy for all their efforts this season, it hasn't been an easy job and I know that they have put in a lot of hard work and commitment to try and make this season succesful.

I have played for every Wendron side going, from youth to senior. I now live in Plymouth and travel down each weekend to play for Wendron. I don't get paid expenses. I'm a student and lucky to have a hot meal each day (although you would think I have several a day by my physique!). I play because I love football, love Wendron and will always do my best for the club.

It doesn't matter to me who the management are, I will respect whoever it is as long as they have the club's best interests at heart.

I hate to go back to money, but it is nonesense at this level - surely you play for the love of the game! Look at a lot of junior sides - the players pay to play!

I am proud to say that I play for Wendron. We boast some of the best facilities, we produce some of the best young footballing talents; and I will declare my availabilty to any Wendron gaffer that wants the best for the club and hope to be considered by the new management - the very best of luck to them.

So can Wendron survive? I sure hope so! And with the atmosphere at the club and with the right people of course we can.

Thanks

Josh_Dron

Guest Bananapitch

not to sure Phil mitchell however if that is correct about Peter Thorne thats another 2 good blokes pushed away by the accused. Could the 2 from Truro if it is true turn wendrons luck?? Possibly not as they had money at truro and we all are aware the Wendron football committee wont allow to pay players as this was a problem the 2 previous managers came into contact with.

So is that Mr Wara or Mr Greet speaking? blatently obvious that its one of them, with a slight taste of sour grapes me thinks. The bottom line is that many players at the club refused to play for the first team while they were in charge. They did not have the respect of the the majority of the players at the club which is why so many left / refused to play for them. It was always going to be a bit too much for them as they were far too inexperienced which showed in their results.

Good luck to the new guys at the helm.

Wedron till I die!!

p.s

Bring back quote of the week

Neither R greet or H wara my good friend, However if players refuse to play for the 1st team should they be in any team, im sure if a person refused to play for porthlevens 1st team they would not be at the club for long??? Due to lack of respect for them both managers who i know very well did not know much of the other team players as hardly any of them turn up for training??? Did H wara or R greet run the swpl league team as well as they didnt do very well either???? Wendron till i die more like wendron for another season??? possibly not in senior football.

However good luck to the new management may have some better luck the previous, no one knows to the real reasons why they left apart from them and some certain others. Like you say it may have been above the previous managers level.

Perhaps you should change your name or include a quotation that states your views are not representative of Wendron or the vast majority of people associated with the club who u repeatedly slander in your postings?

With regards to staying in senior football, don't worry about that as myself and other players who refused to play for the previous management are now playing again, albiet for a tempory manager who we respect until the new management come in.

so what was so bad about the previous management that you couldnt put your boots on and play for wendron football club? are you not letting the hardworking backroom staff down? just playing for whoever? i think that is rubbish. unless you havehad a personal issue with either of the previous management then you should have a long look in the mirror. H wara and R greet have obviously given up a lot of time and put a lot of effort in and its a shame it is not reciprocated by the players.

Guest wendron

Surely any football player would want to play at the highest standard possible obvioulsy not in robs case! From what I got told there was a lot of behind the scene problems 1 being players not wanting to play for the 1st team. When the 2nd team have 4 on the bench and the 1st strugling for a team I thunk both h wara and r greet knew they hit a brick wall. I think any managers would aswell.

Surely any football player would want to play at the highest standard possible obvioulsy not in robs case! From what I got told there was a lot of behind the scene problems 1 being players not wanting to play for the 1st team. When the 2nd team have 4 on the bench and the 1st strugling for a team I thunk both h wara and r greet knew they hit a brick wall. I think any managers would aswell.

Sorry if you got the wrong impession but yes Phil in my case it was a personal issue with regards to trust and how in some respects match officals were treated in certain games.Also players play football for not just one reason Wendron, some play for what you said, to test themselves, others play for money but I play it because I enjoy it and would rather be in a situation where that can happen then be in one where i'm unhappy. Of course I am grateful for the spell they had in charge and understand the hard work they must have repeatly put in each week, after all its never easy being a manager. Hope that clarifies things :thumbsup:

P.s Any chance of that quotation Wendron as i'm still wondering who you could be??

so what was so bad about the previous management that you couldnt put your boots on and play for wendron football club? are you not letting the hardworking backroom staff down? just playing for whoever? i think that is rubbish. unless you havehad a personal issue with either of the previous management then you should have a long look in the mirror. H wara and R greet have obviously given up a lot of time and put a lot of effort in and its a shame it is not reciprocated by the players.

was that aimed at me? because i played under Wara and Greet. I got on with them both very well, and in my opinion they did all they could for the club with the players at their disposal. Just sometimes it doesn't work.

Rob is correct in saying that the main reason we play football is because we love the game, and if he chooses to play at a level he is comfortable with, with his mates, then fair play to him.

I want to play at the highest level I can and want to be helping Wendron out of this slump, so thats what I'm going to do if selected.

Like I said, I am grateful for Wara and Greet's efforts, and best of luck to the new management.

It doesn't matter who 'Wendron' is. Although it appears to be someone involved in the club going by their screen name, it could just as easily be someone trying to stir things up. However, this is a forum, and whether you like someone's opinion and input or not, they are entitled to it.

Anyway, this is proving to much of a distraction when I should be writing my dissertation. See you 'Droners in Easter all being well

Dron is a top club, and home is where the heart is. wara and greet, bloody nice blokes, who appear to have been treated unfairly...the man behind the scenes does get it wrong a lot of the time, but this is down to his love for the club and always wanting to improve the dron, i dont aggree with the way he goes about things. but it is clear that he does what he does because of his passion for the club.

Dron is a top club, and home is where the heart is. wara and greet, bloody nice blokes, who appear to have been treated unfairly...the man behind the scenes does get it wrong a lot of the time, but this is down to his love for the club and always wanting to improve the dron, i dont aggree with the way he goes about things. but it is clear that he does what he does because of his passion for the club.

Some have done well by the funding that they have been given! I just wished i knew how to fill in the forms?! :unsure:

But it has given some local firms work ! :clapper:

It doesn't matter who 'Wendron' is. Although it appears to be someone involved in the club going by their screen name,

Honestly......??!! lol

jman, nice attempt on trying to make me look like stupid, obviously you didn't read the rest of the sentence. its a shame that when making a serious and sensible post on this forum there are some people that are more interested in trying, unsuccessfully, to ridicule you and laugh at other teams situations.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, I think we should draw a line under it and let the new management and those involved at Wendron do their jobs and turn the club into a successful one.

personally, i have not watched wendron all my life by any means, but in the last 5-6 years i have watched games and with all the nonsense that gets said about wendron i started coming on here, yeah wara and greet have been involved with wendron for a long time, but to say they were treated unfairly has two sides to it, they were never the right men for the job, it was always going to be a means to an end. neither had experience in senior football, and from my eyes wendron jumped to a decision, just to silence critics. they were treated unfairly by (no names mentioned) but i would suggest we all know, going behind there backs to talk to the truro managers, however as it has been said his passion for the club is immense, a lot of clubs, whether his decisons can sometimes be rash or not, would love to have a chairman who cares about there club as much as he does, having spoken to him, you can tell he wants the best for wendron, and finally, this is now a brilliant decision. so, yes, in some ways it was gone about wrong, but is anyone really going to moan about that at wendron if they suddenly win games? surely if they were in the same position next season and couldnt' win, then yes it becomes an issue, but next season when wendron are up there, the last thing people will talk about is how the previous managers were treated unfairly, its about the future now, and having spoken to a player, from the 3rd team, has told me that at training on monday?tuesday?, 3-4 truro city players attended, not sure whether names are that clever at the moment, but with these players, as well as josh_dron who is a very good player (when he fancys it as i have said before) and brett andrews who played week before last, assuming he is back?, and the lad adam williamson who is a very tidy player, and jacob penhaligon is a very good young keeper, who gives you value for money in his sendings off! and ryan tresidder, who i have also mentioned before and has immense potential however isn't playing, any reason? and the new boys, i would suggest that wendron utd 1st team will be a strong outfit next season.

Its sad when a club with the facilities like wendron appear to be falling apart.

I went to watch Porthleven recently and was surprised to see one of wendron's stalwart supporters watching.

I am not sure of his name but he is an elderly gentleman who always made people welcome at wendron and I believe he was a major part of their recent success and has left because of the chaos caused by the new establishment.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the club organisers get their act together before it is too late.

Best of luck for the future.

3 ex truro players and one other new one. hardly a new squad, shows what management does for you doesn't it. and the gentlemen in question has been associated with wendron for a long time, but his time and effort was much appreciated, and the reason he left was not due to the management fiasco that has just happened.

Edited by Dave Deacon

I hear that five or more of the Truro Peninsula side have made the change from the big smoke to the sticks??.....I wonder if anyone can confirm, if this is true won't the signings have to spread out over a certain amount of time, I thought you could only do one a month??? surely you can't reinstate all the players in one go?? can anyone explain how this ruling works? One things for sure....Truro must be delighted with all these 7 days flying in from Wendron!!!........... :mellow:

if these players are moving from the peninsula league to combo they would not have to re-register as combo is a senior league????

Wendron officially should still have to put 7 days notice of approach regardless of what league they play in

Transfers between combination league clubs ceases on 31st March (Registrations can continue)

if these players are moving from the peninsula league to combo they would not have to re-register as combo is a senior league????

Wendron officially should still have to put 7 days notice of approach regardless of what league they play in

Transfers between combination league clubs ceases on 31st March (Registrations can continue)

Is there a limit on how many of these 7 day notices can be put in at once??....

You can approach as many clubs as you want but must wait 28 days between each approach and can only approach 1 player at a time per club.

U can wave the 7 days notice and as there ex managers of Truro could they have sorted this out before leaving.

Countyskipper

You stated the gentlemen in question has been associated with wendron for a long time, and the reason he left was not due to the management fiasco that has just happened.

I believe we are talking about Jack Prowse the old groundsman, i'm interested in your comment, you must know him well making a bold statement like that as Jack spent lots of time and money on your pitches and treated them as his own gardens.And the reason he is down at Porthleven is as you stated not because of the management FIASCO, it was because of the football chairman FIASCO.

Edited by Dave Deacon

yes correct, i understand it was because of the chairman also, and your correct in saying he spent money and time on wendrons pitch, and that goes without saying is brilliant, and the club owed him for doing so, however it was suggested he interfered in more than that, i cannot say i witnessed this first hand, am only going on what people have told me, but i do know a lot of people didn't appreciate it, and some obviously let there feelings known to him. im sure everyone at wendron is thankful towards jack, however his love for wendron has become slightly apparent don't you think? im sure there are supporters in the world who are not happy with who is in charge of there team, or how it is run, they don't stop supporting them though, and a lot of people seem to of done that to wendron in the last decade or so. havn't had the pleasure of watching the new management, however shall be there on saturday against portreath!! and i think if all partys concerned are happy with the move it can be done, there are many players that play for a peninsula club an a different combo club, so i guess they don't need to be un-instated as truro players, wouldn't really know though. Hope that would clear up what i meant Python, many thanks.

Edited by Dave Deacon
At the request of the person named for possible libel reasons

I do not know the reasons Jack left, but appreciate the hard work he put into providing a great surface to play football on, especially at his age. I know also he recently came 2nd in a fa national groundsman of the year competition and this speaks highly of his work. The new managers have only been around for two training sessions and one match but I cannot speak highly enough of them, the way they approach trainng/matches and the ethos implemented for doing so is first class, the victory over St Ives was as much down to the players as their coaching. In terms of the players brought in one lad was injured before he could play for us, another was ryan tresidder who they have got playing again and other three all came from truros 2nd team.

Theres a positive feeling about the club which I have not experianced for at least 3/4 years, so answering the orginal topic question I think Wendron will not only survive but begin to make progress again.

You can approach as many clubs as you want but must wait 28 days between each approach and can only approach 1 player at a time per club.

so for wendron to have signed 5 players from the same club it should take 5 months???......I can't imagine truro waving the 7 days for all those players, that's half the team!!!.......... :glare: