Cornwall Football Forum

Results, Reports & Tables - Sat Nov 7th 2009

Foxhole 1 Camelford 6

Saturday 7th November 2009

Foxhole slumped to a sixth successive defeat in heavy conditions, their dismal second-half performance in particular reflecting the dire weather. Nevertheless, Nicholls had opened the scoring in the sixth minute controlling a long ball before turning inside Mabley and planting a shot past Colwill. However, it was downhill all the way from then on, Menhinick equalising eight minutes later, his left-footed shot wrong-footing Holland. Although Colwill's legs soon denied Pinhammer, the visiting keeper was not to be extended again until he tipped Rowe's header onto the bar halfway through the second-half, by which time the Camels were 4-1 up.

Mackellar's last-ditch challenge prevented a certain goal by Gusterson, who then headed wide Menhinick's inswinging corner, so when Murt displayed great technique on the half hour to fire a half volley into the net from the edge of the box, it was not exactly a bolt out of the blue. Three minutes later, Gusterson slid a third under Holland, so the Foxes' interval talk was destined yet again to centre on how to climb a mountain. While Carpenter was booked for fouling Metherell, some hope was offered by dangerous crosses from both Ansell and Rowe, but the home faithful drank their half-time tea through pessimistically clutched straws.

Camelford completely dominated after the restart, secure in the knowledge that, should they temporarily lose possession, they would be handed it back pretty quickly. On 67, Menhinick fed Gusterson for the fourth, and, after Boardman's goal-line clearance had prevented Nicholls from possibly making a game of it, debutant Hake slammed home from close-range with quarter of an hour remaining. Ansell was unfortunate to see his fierce attempt from distance fly wide, but the Foxes' miserable afternoon was complete when Mackellar deflected in Hake's low cross.

Foxhole (4-2-3-1): Ryan Holland; Richard Faircloth, Dexter Lawrence (sub. Chris Grose), Adam Holland, Tony Mackellar; Nick Carpenter (sub. Ian Stone), Lee Hazeldine; Scott Ansell, Ross Pinhammer (sub. Sam Kenny), Liam Nicholls; Mark Rowe.

Camelford (3-5-2): Josh Colwill; James Mabley, Alex Young, Martyn Haynes (sub. Adam Sleep); Dave Cann, Dan Metherell (sub. Martyn Hake), Stuart Parkyn (sub. Lewis Impleton), Kevin Murt, Alex Boardman; Paul Menhinick, Mark Gusterson.

Referee: Mr Gary Cornish (Wadebridge).

Carlsberg South West Peninsula Premier Division Saturday 7th November

Bodmin Town 4 Liskeard athletic 1

Cullompton Rangers v Penzance - postponed

Dartmouth 5 Holsworthy 2

Elburton Villa 2 Ivybridge Town 2

Falmouth Town 1 Launceston 0

Tavistock 3 Clyst Rovers 2

Torpoint Athletic 2 Saltash United 1

Wadebridge Town 1 Buckland Athletic 3

Witheridge v St Blazey - postponed

1 Tavistock 14 10 1 3 29 22 7 31

2 Torpoint 17 8 5 4 26 27 -1 29

3 Bodmin 14 9 1 4 35 21 14 28

4 St Blazey 13 8 1 4 32 15 17 25

5 Ivybridge 16 7 4 5 32 32 0 25

6 Buckland 12 7 3 2 36 17 19 24

7 Elburton 18 6 6 6 34 33 1 24

8 Penzance 13 7 2 4 24 20 4 23

9 Witheridge 14 6 3 5 34 23 11 21

10 Parkway 11 6 2 3 23 15 8 20

11 Falmouth 12 6 2 4 18 13 5 20

12 Cullompton 13 5 2 6 23 29 -6 17

13 Saltash 9 5 1 3 18 13 5 16

14 Bovey 13 4 3 6 26 30 -4 15

15 Launceston 13 4 2 7 27 30 -3 14

16 Dartmouth 13 4 1 8 17 25 -8 13

17 Liskeard 15 3 4 8 23 33 -10 13

18 Wadebridge 15 3 2 10 15 34 -19 11

19 Holsworthy 14 2 3 9 21 47 -26 9

20 Clyst 13 1 2 10 10 24 -14 5

CSWPL DIVISION ONE WEST

1 Perranporth 13 10 1 2 39 17 22 31

2 Camelford 12 9 1 2 31 11 20 28

3 Newquay 12 8 1 3 36 25 11 25

4 Plymstock 10 7 2 1 26 11 15 23

5 Porthleven 11 7 1 3 31 25 6 22

6 St Austell 12 7 0 5 32 20 12 21

7 Hayle 11 7 0 4 27 16 11 21

8 Vospers 10 6 1 3 27 18 9 19

9 Dobwalls 14 5 3 6 31 23 8 18

10 Truro 15 5 2 8 30 23 7 17

11 Callington 14 5 2 7 25 25 0 17

12 Godolphin 11 5 2 4 22 22 0 17

13 Penryn 12 3 2 7 19 30 -11 11

14 Millbrook 12 3 2 7 17 35 -18 11

15 Foxhole 13 1 5 7 16 37 -21 8

16 Mousehole 11 2 1 8 13 25 -12 7

17 Wendron 13 0 0 13 1 60 -59 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

CORNWALL CHARITY CUP FIRST ROUND

Dobwalls v Millbrook - postponed

Foxhole Stars 1 Camelford 6

Hayle 1 St Austell 5

Penryn Athletic 4 Callington Town 1

Perranwell 4 Mousehole 0

Porthleven 2 Godolphin Atlantic 4 aet

Truro City v Perranporth - postponed

Wendron United 2 Newquay 12

Falmouth Town 1 - 0 Launceston

Narrow win for Town over 10 man L'ston

Winner in injury time

Go Town!!!

:clapper::drink::drink::drink:

Ryan Fice followed up a shot from Danny O' Hagan

Another clean sheet shows Falmouth with the best defensive record in SWPL(P)

High riding Launceston (5 wins 22 goals) couldn't maintain there previous impressive record at Bickland of 5 league victories from last 6

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

Perranwell were 4-0 up at half time so must have took foot off the gas

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

Taught a hard lesson by a combo side today smithy was u ?

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

to be honest didnt watch alot of it was trying to take cover in the makeshift stand they have down there lol no dugouts!! whats that all about?

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

to be honest didnt watch alot of it was trying to take cover in the makeshift stand they have down there lol no dugouts!! whats that all about?

no dugouts!! we play on a village playing field where we do not own and cannot put up those facilities that you are saying! We wanted to level the pitch a few years ago but the local residents were against it!!

But that makeshift stand is older than you!! It was not too many seasons ago that the City of Cornwall's team aka Truro City ( when they played in red and black) had a grandstand which you could sit around 30 people and it was in line with the penalty area!!

That is what this is all about! village football is good. :c:

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

You could of used the top of the slide ,as that as a roof on it ,if you really needed a dugout.

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

You could of used the top of the slide ,as that as a roof on it ,if you really needed a dugout.

But fair play to Mousehole they were a pleasant bunch of guys who were very polite in the bar after! :c:

perranwell played well yesterday but no real surprises why mousehole are bottom off there league..... many people yesterday wondered if they were portreath in disguise??!!! at least mousehole may be competitive in the combo again next year and i feel sorry for there old boy in the centre off the pitch who was probably mouseholes best player along with the keeper and prowse who has to play vets today!!!! :P

perranwell played well yesterday but no real surprises why mousehole are bottom off there league..... many people yesterday wondered if they were portreath in disguise??!!! at least mousehole may be competitive in the combo again next year and i feel sorry for there old boy in the centre off the pitch who was probably mouseholes best player along with the keeper and prowse who has to play vets today!!!! :P

Prowsey wont be able to play vets if he played senior football yesterday you cant play for 14 days after your last senior game apparently. What a silly rule who thought of that and for what reason.

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

no dugouts!! we play on a village playing field where we do not own and cannot put up those facilities that you are saying! We wanted to level the pitch a few years ago but the local residents were against it!!

But that makeshift stand is older than you!! It was not too many seasons ago that the City of Cornwall's team aka Truro City ( when they played in red and black) had a grandstand which you could sit around 30 people and it was in line with the penalty area!!

who the hell do they think they are dave,he plays for mosehole[not knocking mosehole] in the next league up from combo,my god dont some people get above there station :angry2:

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

who the hell do they think they are dave,he plays for mosehole[not knocking mosehole] in the next league up from combo,my god dont some people get above there station :angry2:

i know! :rolleyes: so you down from your ladder then!!! :c:

smithy you avoided the question, whilst you bleated on about dugouts!!!

well done perranwell, last time in this cup made it to the final and then not invited back!

:yahoo::yahoo::clapper::c:

its not my place to say anymore if mousehole were taught a lesson as sadly my spell didnt work out with them the way i had wanted-nice bunch of lads and i wish them all the best

now to find a club---that is not goin to be easy as im crap lol!!!!

any offers?? lol

Good to see Wendron have trebbled their goal tally for the season... admittadly they let in 12 but thats besides the point... :clapper:

:rolleyes: how can you treble if you only score 2??? :rolleyes::c:

Because prior to scoring 2 goals yesterday they had scored 1....? so 1 + 2 = 3...and 1 x 3 = 3 therefore trebbled??? :blink:

Penryn 4-1 Callington

Band 2

Davis

Shaughnessy

Screamer from Hal Davis after 45 seconds, must of been 35-40 yards. I also missed a penalty! Hal Davis back on them now haha

It's what i do! :thumbsup:

The sunday independent have it down as a "touch line cross". What clown writes these reports, obviously late getting into the ground. :wacko:

Good to see Wendron have trebbled their goal tally for the season... admittadly they let in 12 but thats besides the point... :clapper:

Because prior to scoring 2 goals yesterday they had scored 1....? so 1 + 2 = 3...and 1 x 3 = 3 therefore trebbled??? :blink:

And to think i got 'o' level maths!! :rolleyes:

And to think i got 'o' level maths!! :rolleyes:

you always get it right when you make the bill out mate,that's all that matters . :drink::clapper: :c:

Guest The Torpoint  Editor (fingers)

Torpoint 2-1 Saltash

Att: 131 (official)

Stuart Dudley's football army go marching on in style with this massive win over Saltash United who beat Bodmin Town last friday. With a cracking atmosphere under a blaizing thunderstorm and rain lashing down, this was a cracking local derby. The Torpoint fans are now getting behind the players now as they were queit for the start of the season. I still need to show them a few chants which I have learned from Burnley last season at The Turf as I am a mad Claret's fan with my mate Dan.

So if you hear this down at Falmouth next Saturday, you will know The Fingers is in town.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O UP THE PENINSULA LEAGUE WE GO, WHEN WIN PROMOTION THIS IS WANT WE WILL SING: WE ALL LOVE YOU, WE ALL LOVE YOU, STUARTS DUDLEYS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& STUART DUDLEY'S FOOTBALL ARMY

:c::drink::thumbsup:

The last smilie face, is a joke to who that know me.

Come on the Point!!!!!!!!!!!

Winner in injury time

Go Town!!!

High riding Launceston (5 wins 22 goals) couldn't maintain there previous impressive record at Bickland of 5 league victories from last 6

Joint best defence with Saltash although seem to be lacking a little fire power up front with only scoring 18

well done perranwell, last time in this cup made it to the final and then not invited back!

its not my place to say anymore if mousehole were taught a lesson as sadly my spell didnt work out with them the way i had wanted-nice bunch of lads and i wish them all the best

any offers?? lol

You could always try Wendron again :P

FIFI D

:c:

any offers?? lol

You could always try Wendron again :P

FIFI D

:c:

no thanks :thumbsup:

Guest SLIC VIC

Was told Torpoint v Saltash was very good game both teams played well under poor conditions credit to both sets of players, is Timmy Raa on holiday in sunnier climate. :P:P :P

Great result for the Lillywhites yesterday! Tins took his hat-trick well, Bods scored a great goal and Crappy deserved his goal as well. Have to agree with Crappy about the ref, probably the best we've seen all season. Credit to Hayle for trying to play football in difficult conditions and the pasties were as good as ever! :thumbsup:

Guest s.middleton

it was 1 nil at h/t ctb

But fair play to Mousehole they were a pleasant bunch of guys who were very polite in the bar after! :c:

Winner in injury time

Go Town!!!

Joint best defence with Saltash although seem to be lacking a little fire power up front with only scoring 18

1st.Falmouth conceding 1.083 goals per game

2nd.Saltash conceding 1.444 goals per game

lol