Cornwall Football Forum

Results, Reports & Tables - Sat Nov 7th 2009

Was told Torpoint v Saltash was very good game both teams played well under poor conditions credit to both sets of players, is Timmy Raa on holiday in sunnier climate.

I watched it , with a Torpoint bias, and it was a good game in awful weather at times

If I'm honest I think a draw might have been a fairer result. Saltash missed a penalty, missed another goal in a scramble when everyone thought the ball would hit the back of the net at some stage and were also denied by two excellent one-on-one saves by Martin Piper.

But it was also one of those games that as time went on it seemed to have Torpoint's name on it.

And one final point. Not sure the word I'm looking for but everyone associated with Saltash. both on the pitch and in the dugout, should be congratulated for their approach to the game. Like any game there were a few controversial decisions but they just got on with it and, come the end of the match, appeared to be very gracious in defeat.

I suspect that, despite the defeat on Saturday, they are going to be very close to the top of the league come end of April.

Falmouth Town 1 - 0 Launceston.

Anybody who paid there money and expected an exciting game were to be dissapointed. the conditions were'nt good but were not to blame for the poor showing from a Launceston team who had been scoring for fun in there last few games but did'nt even test the injured Chapman in the Falmouth goal, the two Falmouth fullbacks young Stidwell and Teagle were able to push on down the flanks at will, and even Flynners and Smith had a game where they did'nt full out with each other. It was good to see Dan Green back who played alongside Barwell, and on the wings were Kellow and Eddy, upfront O'hagan and Fice again had plenty of chances to make this a comfortable victory, in the second half Drummond was brought on to replace Kellow and Eddy was switched to the left with Drummond playing down the right, I thought the shape looked a lot better. Falmouth totally dominated and looked strong in most areas I think young Eddy is trying to hard which is causing him to make silly mistakes, Ritchie Kellow needs to improve on his fitness if he wants to play at this standard, the mid field looks a lot more organised with Dan Green playing in there. I do believe that Falmouth will score a hatfull of goals in a game.