Cornwall Football Forum

truro in 1st round proper of fa cup

was just wondering after truros result today does that mean that they are the 1st cornwall side to reach fa cup 1st round proper if so i think its great news for cornish football and would like to be 1st to wish them all the best for there next game and hope they get a home draw :c::c::drink::drink::thumbsup::thumbsup: :smiley20:

It sort of makes one wonder about some of Truro's fans of today. Suddenly Truro City are in the 1st round proper of the FA Cup. For gawd's sake; do your homework first people; before blabbing about only being six games from a Wembley final. Jeez, you people make out you're football fans and you don't have a bloody clue how one of the world's premier cup competitions work.

It sort of makes one wonder about some of Truro's fans of today. Suddenly Truro City are in the 1st round proper of the FA Cup. For gawd's sake; do your homework first people; before blabbing about only being six games from a Wembley final. Jeez, you people make out you're football fans and you don't have a bloody clue how one of the world's premier cup competitions work.

there wasnt so many,rounds to play in to get to the first rd back then,and i know you be on here pablo,someone else who hasnt a f....king clue :glare: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

At the Falmouth v Peterborough match there were 4.500 crammed into Bickland Park.

In another cup match they played Bath City and had 2.500 and took them to a replay

We beat Bath City at home without a replay needed. Against Oxford United in the first appearance in the first round, there were between 6-8,000 depending on what report you read.

Guest Postie Pidge

CTB - Falmouth Town vs Bath City

1962/63 FA Cup (4th qual) Falmouth Town 2-1 Bath City

1963/64 FA Cup Falmouth Town 0-2 Bath City

1973/74 FA Trophy Bath City 0-2 Falmouth Town

1992/93 FA Cup Falmouth Town 0-3 Bath City

All settled after one game. Which replayed game are you talking about?

Unless Mike Odgers can inform me that my records are wrong....

For what it's worth, I knew it wasn't the actual first round, so don't lets start tarring all Truro fans with the same brush . . .

But my question is about Foulmouth Town because now I have gotten confused. When people make the claim that "Falmouth have been here before" do they mean to the point Truro City have reached now, or have Falmouth actually reached the "real" First Round Proper, and therefore City have two more wins yet to equal Town?

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Town have reached the First Round Proper on 3 seperate occasions.

We have reached the 3rd Qualifying Round (where Truro are now) 10 times, the last being in 1998/99

At the Falmouth v Peterborough match there were 4.500 crammed into Bickland Park.

In another cup match they played Bath City and had 2.500 and took them to a replay

We beat Bath City at home without a replay needed. Against Oxford United in the first appearance in the first round, there were between 6-8,000 depending on what report you read.

Eight thousand at Bickland park?? there is more chance of me in the queens handbag!!

Guest Postie Pidge

Sitting along the touchline on the stand side, crammed in standing on the bank.

I find it harder to believe 15,000 people at Poltair watching St Austell vs Penzance in the 1940s

There have been pictures of the crowd in St Blazey programs from the 15,000 crowd and when you see how full the banks were and the size of the area around the pitch at St Austell then i wouldnt be surprised.

I've seen pictures too. From my understanding they used to have a lot of the county games at Poltair from that era.

Getting back to Truro, best of luck for the FA Cup, I remember watching St Blazey reach the fourth round of qualifying before being beaten in a rain-sodden Blaise Park by Camberely Town and cheering on my mate, who was still a schoolboy at the time, Daniel Nancarrow. I think sky sports did a feature for Soccer Saturday with Trevor Mewton, Mark Rowe and Glynn Hooper the week before.

Would be nice to see a Cornish team, in my lifetime, reach the first round proper.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I think if Truro can keep getting favourable draws, they may make it to round 2 or 3. Be a good one against Plymuff, it would have to be at Home Park though.