Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Can you post your scores, attendances and scorers on this thread please.

ThanksCornwall Combination League

Tuesday 25th August

Hayle Reserves (Matt Thomas 2) 2-3 Penzance Reserves (Gerran James 2, Tom Hosking)

Att - 46

Helston Athletic (Aaron Collick 2, Colin Kettle, Reg Pearson, Jordan Adlard, Phil Black, Neil Southall) 7-1 Porthleven Reserves (Alan Thomas)

Att - 70

Illogan RBL (Andy Cowper 2, Phil Willey, Gary Sturmy, Jason Roberts) 5-1 Mullion (Chris Ensink)

Att - 40

Newquay Reserves (Matt Davis 3, David Rabone) 4-0 Portreath

Att - 35

Perranwell (Matt Rose) 1-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts)

Att - 85

St Ives Town (Paul Fox, Ross Duncan) 2-7 St Agnes (Tom Benny 3, Shane Cameron, Rob March, Alec Penrose, Rid Purnell)

Att - 23

St Just (Darren Steadman 3, Stuart Nicholls, Chris Curnow, OG) 6-3 Holman SC (Jason Blight, Tom Blaber, Tony Eddy )

Att - 35

Troon (Steven Proctor, Clayton Reynolds, Nicky Richards, Matt Witts, OG) 5-0 Ludgvan

Att - 35

Wendron CC United Reserves (Moha Imchichi, Marcus Smith, OG) 3-9 St Day (Dominic Pullen 4, Stuart Reynolds 3, Andy Dyer, OG)

Att - 30

This won't help much but i spoke to the wife who was watching my son Ben play at St Ives for Aggie and with 30 minutes left it was 2-1 to Aggie and i have just spoke to her and she said Aggie won , Ben let in a few but she doesn't know the score !!!!!!!!

3 results in so far

Hayle 2-3 Pz

Att -46

Wendron 3-9 St Day

Att -

Perranwell 1-1 Penryn

Att -85

This won't help much but i spoke to the wife who was watching my son Ben play at St Ives for Aggie and with 30 minutes left it was 2-1 to Aggie and i have just spoke to her and she said Aggie won , Ben let in a few but she doesn't know the score !!!!!!!!

Like Father Like Son :P

Guest Reginald Perrin

]

Wendron CC United Reserves (???) 3-8 St Day (Dominic Pullen 4, Stuart Reynolds 3, Andy Dyer)

Att - 30

3-9 not 8

I think OG was the other goal.

Dom Pullen scoring with an over head kick... yes you read that correctly an over head kick. I thought i'd seen every thing in my 37 yrs until 2nite :wacko:

throwing stones in glass houses there well :D

Sorry didn't realise penryn had a goal disalowed

was wondering how long this kind of comment would take to appear!!

maybe you should speak to the perranwell player in question who said he was offside himself, and the flag happened to be up before the ball was in the net.

hey ho.

An embarrassing display by wendron tonight!myself included,it is clear now that wendron senior teams are in serious trouble! When we played against Newquay,a decent display,it was the majority of our 3rd team,with our 3rds playing tonight and combo,it was lucky our 1st team didnt have a game!!

Very bad times at Wendron in senior level it's a shame at such a great club :(

Troon 5 Ludgvan 0 HT 2-0 ( Steven Proctor Clayton Reynolds Nicky Richards Matt Witts OG )

Att 35

Score was 1 - 0 at half time. Second half was our undoing did not play well and conceeded some sloppy goals, should have scored a few though as we had enough chances in the second period. Decent enough game.

just like to add the quality of our referee tonight in the illogan versus mullion game was absolutely shocking! this young lad was a disgrace to cornwall referees, spoiled the game and im sure mullion would agree ruined a hard thought game from both teams! good luck to mullion lads for the rest of the season never gave up, well played big lad centre midfield think its jason robertson!?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Not sure how you want the crowd figure from Mount Wise (4-0 to Newquay). Arriving at H/T there must have been 35 but by the time the second half was a few mins in, the crowd had swelled to 55 as Newquay fans returned from Perranporth.

just like to add the quality of our referee tonight in the illogan versus mullion game was absolutely shocking! this young lad was a disgrace to cornwall referees, spoiled the game and im sure mullion would agree ruined a hard thought game from both teams! good luck to mullion lads for the rest of the season never gave up, well played big lad centre midfield think its jason robertson!?

A hard thought game ? Come on! or are you from Penryn secondary school 2000-2005? :rolleyes:

Newquay 4 - 0 Portreath

Newquay hosted a Portreath side that have been working hard to rebuild on and off the pitch and won emphatically following another outstanding performance by Matt Davis, who contributed his second hat-trick of the season to secure a four goal victory.

Newquay were able to sustain lengthy periods of possession in the first half and created a number of chances, with Bevan, Rabone and Weldhen all coming close. The pressure paid off when an excellent move involving Shaun Lawrence and Luke Weldhen resulted in David Rabone side footing home a tidy volley from the penalty spot. Despite the possession and opportunities, Newquay were unable to add to their tally in the opening period. Portreath worked hard for little reward and were limited to shots from range and the defensive quartet of Morris, Yendell, Weller and Butterley stood firm. The stand-out performer in the first half was the Portreath goalkeeper, who made countless saves to keep Newquay at bay.

Newquay needed a positive start in the second half and it didn't take long. Excellent work by Weldhen resulted in a lofted pass to Matt Davis, who struck a dipping volley from the edge of the box that the 'keeper couldn't keep out, with the ball striking the post and dropping into the net on the opposite side. Davis has been in outstanding goalscoring form after his hat-trick against Wendron and his penalty against St Just. Davis was able to replicate his opening day scoring feat following an excellent header from a Shaun Lawrence free-kick and he saved the best goal until last, unleashing a left-footed piledriver from the edge of the box after Weldhen's dummy had created space. That's seven goals in three games for the left-sided Davis, who leads the way as top goalscorer for the club.

With half and hour remaining, the trio of Michael Rabone, Tom Taylor and Nick Mayor joined the action and played a key part in retaining the ball during some attractive passing football. Rabone almost added a fifth when he chipped the goalkeeper from the edge of the box, only to see the ball cannon back off the crossbar and Taylor may have done better when faced with a golden opportunity when the Portreath back four were caught cold when the ball seemed to have gone out of play on the left wing.

Portreath have a difficult year ahead, but we wish them well in their challenge and hope that they can keep the group of lads together and start accumulating some points.

St Just 6-3 Holmans (HT 4-0) Att 35

Holmans Goalscorers

Jason Blight

Tom Blaber

Tony Eddy

(OG scored by Rob Hopkins)

Shocking 1st half performance from the away side who regrouped at half time and managed at one point to get the scoreline back to 4-2 however a couple more defensive mix ups resulted in another 2 goals conceded. Cracking goal by Tony Eddy made the scoreline 6-3 however it was to little to late.

Updated League Table at: http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/holmanafc/113...league_table.pl

Would just like to say although it had no bearing on the result or the way we played that their is a good number of teams in our local area that we could have played on an evening game (Troon, Illogan, Hayle, St Ives, St Day). It took us 50min to get to St Just and didnt get back till 2130 :angry2:

helston 7-1 port

helston scorers

aaron collick 2

colin kettle 1

reg pearson1

jordan adlard1

phil black1

neil southall1

awesome display second half by helston, all the best to dean bray, taken to hospital with broken nose.

Thanks Cola - not sure who you are, but thanks for that. Bad broken nose, couldnt be sorted last night so have to be knocked out next Wednesday to have it put right - but it doesn't look pretty.

Helston 7 Port 1

h/t 1-0

Due to my second half escapades my memory of the 2nd half isn't great - but I can certainly remember Helston played very well in the second half - in particular there pace in the second half was a real threat to the Port back four - who in truth could not contain them.

The first half however was a different story. Personally I thought Port edged, Barry Hennessey pulling off a couple of good saves and one great save from a Darren Robertson free kick. But even in the first half it was evident Helstons pace would cause problem, the Collick-Southhall partnership looked good, both these players having opportunities. It was Helston, who got the only goal of the half, I remember it being a good sweeping move involving Reg Pearson and possible finished by Collick. I felt this was a bit harsh on Port - who hadmor ethan held their own.

The second half was Helstons for sure. Unfortunately I cannot remember the goals. The turning point was when Dan Stidwell was unlucky not to have got the score back to 2-1, and Helston went down the other end and won a penalty - 3-0 game over. The rest I cannot really recall. Phil Black had a nice goal from 20 yards, and Jordan Adlard finished off a good cross with a header off the underside of the bar.

All in all, a good first half display for Port, but with many young heads in the side, it was always going to be difficult to come back when we went 3-0 down. Helston played a great second half and were a confident side once ahead - though up to them were getting rattled.

I have been told the Port scorer was Alan Thomas.

Ref watch - Not sure of his name (sounded like and old school, cornish farmer) - provided the old classic of coming into the dressing room before and giving a speech yet on the pitch just did not get to grips with the game. Craig Taylor should have been booked at least twice yet wasn't at all (was just talked to, and talked to and talked to) :SM_carton_y: , and he just seemed to get things wrong most of the time! I must say penalty decision was right though and although I think he was poor, it did not affect the result.

All in all, Helston worth the 3 points, 7-1 was flattering but at the end of the day, they were clinical when needed. Port will be happy with the 1st half, but need to organise themselves defensively - other than that not too bad. If Helston, play like the second half they will be a top 5 side, but until they take a lead they loo vulnerable.

Thanks for those who helped me following my broken nose - especially Rachael Higgs (Port physio), and Toby Hines who drove me to Treliske :clapper:

My Port man of the match: I'd go for Nick Perry

Maybe Helston can help with the attendance but I would have guessed 70+??

Could this season see the highest ammount of goals scored in the combination league?

I was only thinking the same last night when looking at the results. But why is this?

Because all the better keepers are either playing a higher standard or are retired. :thumbsup:

As an interested spectator at the Illogan - Mullion game I was impressed with the work rate of the Mullion boys especially their young striker up front who sweated blood for the cause, not sure his name but they called him Innerz or something. He worked hard and grabbed a goal - fair play to the lad.

As an interested spectator at the Illogan - Mullion game I was impressed with the work rate of the Mullion boys especially their young striker up front who sweated blood for the cause, not sure his name but they called him Innerz or something. He worked hard and grabbed a goal - fair play to the lad.

I'm guessing that would be Chris Ensink (Ennerz) - on here as theboyennerz.