Cornwall Football Forum

Clubs Players in/Players out

Guest john

What players have left and joined clubs? I will start it off perhaps people can update with other clubs

Falmouth Town

IN

Tom Smith- Truro City

Robin Teagle - Bodmin Town

Jimmy Alexander- Plymouth Parkway

Danny O Hagan - Bodmin Town

Nigel Thwaites - Porthleven?

Richard Wilshaw- Isles of Scilly

OUT

Sam Hunter- ?

Tom Hunter- ?

What about the forgotten hero Steve Hawke who was seriously injured against Launceston (Air Ambulanced from Bickland).

The rated attacking full back wore the regular No.2 shirt for the start of last season and was highly recommended by his former youth manager Tommy Matthews.

Has anyone at Town enquired on his progress and future plans ?

One other player not yet mentioned who was at Bickland last May - James Greet?

Wendron Utd 1sts

IN

9 promoted from youth set-up 16/17 year olds

OUT

Justin Searle-Porthleven

Edward Timmins-Porthleven

Mike Newberry- Porthleven (although not official i beleive?)

Brian Scoffin-Falmouth Town res

Steve Hodson- Falmouth Town res

Dean Blatch-Newquay

Tom Bartlett-Truro 2/3rds i beleive (even though he told me it was 1sts-maybe he was telling the truth but doubt it)

its gunna be a llong hard season but well worth the challenge of trying to prove everyone wrong

Guest Postie Pidge

What players have left and joined clubs? I will start it off perhaps people can update with other clubs

Falmouth Town

IN

Tom Smith- Truro City

Robin Teagle - Bodmin Town

Jimmy Alexander- Plymouth Parkway

Danny O Hagan - Bodmin Town

Nigel Thwaites - Porthleven?

Richard Wilshaw- Isles of Scilly

OUT

Sam Hunter- ?

Tom Hunter- ?

It's Richard Wilcox

he plays centre back John, i think i am right in saying he has played conference standard in the past, been at Wendron for the last couple of seasons, i am assuming he is going to be playing combination league if he is definately coming to Falmouth however i know that Mike could do a job for the first team if required!

same old this time of the season though Smithy, never know what to believe or not! anyway as you and me know, Newbs is class and even if u took his great defensive qualities away, he would prob scare the hell out of most strikers as he is a bit of a monster mate isnt he lol!

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

all this playing for one club and then another albeit in friendlies how do the managers feel do they know they are just being used. think it is a pretty poor show.if that player is signed for another club would the manager not seem it as an illegal approach from the other club. hmm this football thing really stumps me. you get this this in the real game of cornwall. RUGBY...

Hi Fifi, well i know Mike Newbs has signed combo papers for Falmouth, however if he did play for Penryn Peninsula league team last night, is that allowed or legal or has Wendron released him as all peninsula league players are on rolling contracts are they not from season to season? so even if it was a friendly surely this shouldnt be allowed? unless like i said he has been released by Wendron.

Heard the 2 hunter boys sam @ tom are coming back tplay for newquay also heard kevin miller was coming back but may be now signing for truro hes still the best goalie in cornwall and next week will be facing the liverpool legends with molby walsh etc testing him .also sorry to hear of the death of bobby robson to cancer met him once when ipswich played plymouth a real lovely bloke unlike a certain plymouth manager now . :c:

:SM_carton: for 100% cornish

You obviously have no feelings or finesse, the web site should cancel your entry or at least put a fullstop after the word 'bloke'. When paying tributes to people you do not go on to critisize others in the same pargraph - you havn't done yourself any favours. :SM_carton:

i didnt think he had been released Pidge, but wanted someone to confirm it and knowone better than u to verify it really lol! so then it surely must be illegal for another peninsula league team to be playing a peninsula league player from another team in a friendly as he is contracted? not that the FA seem to be bothered with actually following the rules that are written by themselves on paper! i guess Portheleven should be careful as well then tomorrow if Newbs has a run out for them as thats very possible that he might!

Guest Old Timer

Parkway have a few new additions to their side:-

Neil Kinsman - Liskeard Ath.

Ben Elphick - Plymstock Utd.

Josh Fenwick - Elburton Villa

Marc Bonney - Torpoint Ath.

Craig Holman - Cheltnham Uni.

Carl Curtis - Torpoint Ath.

Gareth Jones Torpoint Ath.

Parkway have a few new additions to their side:-

Neil Kinsman - Liskeard Ath.

Ben Elphick - Plymstock Utd.

Josh Fenwick - Elburton Villa

Marc Bonney - Torpoint Ath.

Craig Holman - Cheltnham Uni.

Carl Curtis - Torpoint Ath.

Gareth Jones Torpoint Ath.

if its the Carl im thinking of (dark hair, spanish looking stud! hi carl!! lol)

he is pure class!!!!!!!

can spray a ball anywhere you want!

all this playing for one club and then another albeit in friendlies how do the managers feel do they know they are just being used. think it is a pretty poor show.if that player is signed for another club would the manager not seem it as an illegal approach from the other club. hmm this football thing really stumps me. you get this this in the real game of cornwall. RUGBY...

Well as a Cornish sportsman from a few years ago i think that players do move around more than then but after the first week or 3 it will settle down!

But i do agree with you! why don't players sign where they are going to play??

I am really confused as to what some so called footballers really are looking for?? :c:

Well as a Cornish sportsman from a few years ago i think that players do move around more than then but after the first week or 3 it will settle down!

I am really confused as to what some so called footballers really are looking for?? :c:

i'l tell you what they are looking for kempy

who is going to pay them the most so called travel expenses

Is there really big money in the Combo league?? Don't think at my club there is!!

Is there really big money in the Combo league?? Don't think at my club there is!!

there seems to be alot of money in combo at mo-and a hell of alot in peninsula-thats is why players float around like leafs falling in autum!

the day the money stops at this level of football will be the day you see players playing for the right reasons and alot more stability at clubs thats for sure

there seems to be alot of money in combo at mo-and a hell of alot in peninsula-thats is why players float around like leafs falling in autum!

the day the money stops at this level of football will be the day you see players playing for the right reasons and alot more stability at clubs thats for sure

I do agree with you as stability for all the clubs is the prioity, and if the players move around as they continue to ( and guys coming in with some cash ! but only for a season or two ) some clubs will fold as they will have none ! :c: