Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixtures Wednesday 30th August

Looe players and management should hang their heads in shame, they won't though because the attitude on the pitch comes from the management. Shame on you all. The player that was sent off last should never go on a pitch again, showed his true self by waiting outside the changing rooms to try and fight the Polperro captain. Completely out of control, now they have 4 first team players banned. Proud of yourselves?

On 02/09/2017 at 20:33, Asitis said:

Looe players and management should hang their heads in shame, they won't though because the attitude on the pitch comes from the management. Shame on you all. The player that was sent off last should never go on a pitch again, showed his true self by waiting outside the changing rooms to try and fight the Polperro captain. Completely out of control, now they have 4 first team players banned. Proud of yourselves?

Hopefully the league looks at refs report and hands out a lengthy ban  on the Looe Captain. 

The club itself is a well run and well organised one with facilities for both boys and girls across a wide range of age groups.

Some ( no most ) of the volunteer managers / coaches / helpers / committee are hard working and bring a huge amount of enjoyment to the towns youngsters.

Unfortunately  there is a problem at the senior level, and it's a bad example to all the clubs youth teams below them.

If anyone wants to take the attitude that it's just banter or that it's done let's move on then they are dodging the core issue and won't really have the clubs interests at heart

It can be stopped overnight if the committee and management have the appetite to tackle it. It's a few individuals that are letting the rest down.

Looe have made great strides over the last few years to get where they are now ( First team ). Now that they're back in senior football they need to just chill out a bit, enjoy the wins and take the defeats in a better manner. They have some very good footballers and will win more than they lose in my opinion.

It'd be a shame for it to go pear shaped now

On 04/09/2017 at 17:32, bighairydave said:

Will be CCFA not the league who had out any ban.

If it's as bad as they are making out then then looe as a club should deal with it regardless of what the CCFA do. An internal ban would send out a good message from the comitee and management to not only the rest of the players in the squad, but the club as a whole.  

21 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I totally agree but a lot of teams are thin on the ground and struggle to get 11 players out on the pitch these days so an internal ban is very unlikely. 

Your point is? From what I hear that he's lucky not to be looking at jail time. If the club doesn't act they will be seen to be condoning his actions and in doing so encouraging other players at the Club to do likewise. Players especially at youth and junior level look up to the first team captain as example and role model. Is that the message they want to send out to the Club and beyond?

27 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I totally agree but a lot of teams are thin on the ground and struggle to get 11 players out on the pitch these days so an internal ban is very unlikely. 

Even more reason to do it-because then it might sink in that his actions don't just effect him but also his team mates! If the club hit him with a 2 games ban and they have to play the next two games with 12/13 players and struggle, maybe he will think twice about acting that way. 

On 07/09/2017 at 22:23, Bruegel the Elder said:

Your point is? From what I hear that he's lucky not to be looking at jail time. If the club doesn't act they will be seen to be condoning his actions and in doing so encouraging other players at the Club to do likewise. Players especially at youth and junior level look up to the first team captain as example and role model. Is that the message they want to send out to the Club and beyond?

My point is that there won't be an internal ban, as I first said. Not just because teams are short these days but the management don't have the balls to do so.

I probably wouldn't go as far as saying he deserves jail time though, Your taking this a little too far now. But after watching some of the reckless tackles then I would say he shouldn't be aloud on a football pitch, especially as the club captain. 

Its all done and dusted now with no serious injuries so this should be left and concentrate on the games ahead.

10 hours ago, Spectator said:

My point is that there won't be an internal ban, as I first said. Not just because teams are short these days but the management don't have the balls to do so.

I probably wouldn't go as far as saying he deserves jail time though, Your taking this a little too far now. But after watching some of the reckless tackles then I would say he shouldn't be aloud on a football pitch, especially as the club captain. 

Its all done and dusted now with no serious injuries so this should be left and concentrate on the games ahead.

I couldn't disagree with you more

It's not " all done and dusted "

What you don't stop you encourage, and the next time it may be a serious injury

It needs sorting now - Although as you say if the committee and management don't want to tackle it then there's only the usual disciplinary route to follow

It's not his actions on the pitch the club should be looking at-the ref and the red card (which I assume he received) should be and his ban from games will come. His actions off the pitch is what the club should look at. Having a club captain waiting outside a dressing room to fight an opposition is no way to conduct yourself. 

Last season our lead striker and (at the time) too goal scorer got himself into a bit of trouble one evening after a game and faced an internal ban. Off the back of it he didn't finish top scorer and missed the cup final and also being able to play in the game when we got to lift old big ears after winning the league. A tough lesson but hopefully he learns from it and it won't happen again.