Cornwall Football Forum

TOP 2 - Bodmin Town V Ivybridge Town Sat 1st November KO 15.00 at Priory park

Brianmooreshead,

Taking into consideration your comments, do you really think the behaviour is that much different form many other clubs in the league?

As Chairman I think ours is one of the best and there is proof, in that every home game we have our youth teams in attendance as ball boys/girs ageing from 6 upwards do you really think that the parents would allow their children to attend if the behaviour was really that awful.

Good attempt at Bodmin bashing Brianmooreshead but I think we can rise above that now

Take care

Moneyman, in my case the damage is done. Others can judge for themselves.

But unless I imagined it the uproar at Saltash a few weeks ago was all over this forum.

I have no reason whatsoever to bash Bodmin, I've been playing and watching football there since you were earning your pocket money

You rise above whatever you want my friend but I stand by my original comments

Sadly the behaviour of Darren Gilbert, Kevin Miller and the "old gits" who always stand behind the "away goal", have given Bodmin Town a reputation, they surely cannot be proud of. Nowhere and I mean nowhere do you witness such poor behaviour.

Whilst Bodmin Town have produced a winning formula for several years, this has been built on a foundation of the bullying attitude of Darren Gilbert. He has got away with it for years.

Incidentally, I have heard free admission is available on match days via Priory Road.

Sorry Money Man, but have to disagree with your comments relating to behaviour at other clubs. I have been to matches at Ivybridge. Plymouth Parkway, Torpoint, St Austell, St Blazey, Launceston, Callington, Falmouth, Elburton and Newquay this season. Unless this have really changed at Bodmin Town, the atmosphere at all the above clubs is much friendlier.

Foul and abusive language and excessive aggression at Bodmin, or any club,can be largely controlled by 2 people. The relevant club chairman and the ref. The chairman by not condoning it, and the ref by having the balls to use his red card. Is not the use of foul language a red card offence?

I watched the match on Saturday and can say that all members of the Bodmin team and backroom staff behaved superbly. There were however a couple of not so young supporters who constantly barracked the away fans. The game was a great advert for SWPL football and maybe just maybe those supporters could and should have been more gracious in defeat. They were beaten on the day by a well drilled Ivybridge team. One point from me was the standard of refereeing was again very poor. The officials coming through seem to be of school age and unable to control the players. Too young to soon I say.

Mr Pugwash,

I think people will have to start looking at the credentials of Ivybridge and believe that they are title contenders. St Austell, Bodmin, Parkway and Saltash will be in that mix as well.

Somebody within the committee at Bodmin should put a piece in future programmes that thgose older gentlemen should read.

All said what a great advert the game was for football within the South West.

Anyone who finishes above those two teams will probably win the league.