Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 11/04/2009

DUCHY 5

Southgate Seniors 1 Perranporth 2

0-2 at half time.

2 silky moves produced Perrans goals and they deserved there 2-0 lead. Brandreth and Cox.

The 2nd half saw Southgate throw some caution to the wind and a counter attacked goal gave them hope of a result. Perran should have sealed the game but missed a hat full of chances and at the end had to prove strong in defence as Southgate pushed for an equaliser.

Hope the North Petherwin boys enjoyed the game :P

See ya in a few weeks North P, and providing Perran keep the winning streak going next week against Callington it could be the game that decides the Duchy 5 title!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Launceston 0-4 Torpoint (Jason Bates2, Neill Williams2)

Very dull game and tired legs in the Torpoint team from wednesdays great win against Edgcumbe.

With Torpoint captain Brian Stacey rested to the bench because of a slight strain and doing a stirling job running the line im sure we have found a new talent from him!!!!

Not alot to say about the game as not alot happened apart from two braces coming from Batesy and myself one of those being dubious on my part!

One person that had a great game for us and ran his socks off was Callum Bays,really happy for the youngster.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Fraid not and keeps us clear at the top!!!

st teath 1- 5 gunnislake

goal scorers for gunni were

J.Kelly 3

T.Hall

S.Kelly

Great result Gunni that is a tanking!!!!!!

Feel very sorry for the St Teath lads after ther efforts over the last month or so.Ian southgate at the game very pleased with his comments on what we are trying to achieve,the pitch looked and played superbly well.I dont think we played that badly ,gunni punished our mistakes and won the game at a canter.If they could get this side every week then who knows.The big four is now the big 3 and we will have to fight gunni for 4th place.

DUCHY 5

Southgate Seniors 1 Perranporth 2

0-2 at half time.

2 silky moves produced Perrans goals and they deserved there 2-0 lead. Brandreth and Cox.

The 2nd half saw Southgate throw some caution to the wind and a counter attacked goal gave them hope of a result. Perran should have sealed the game but missed a hat full of chances and at the end had to prove strong in defence as Southgate pushed for an equaliser.

Hope the North Petherwin boys enjoyed the game :P

See ya in a few weeks North P, and providing Perran keep the winning streak going next week against Callington it could be the game that decides the Duchy 5 title!

good game today....thought southgate deserved a point at the very least!!!!

good 2 c north p boys there (more supporers 2 div5 the better) it will no doubt end up :c: close

Premier Sixes 8 - 0 North Hill (HT 3-0)

Ben Lawrence 3

TJ Newton 2

Aaron Howe

Chris Schofield

Tom Currah

If we had two prolific strikers we would be an alright team as again the defence and midfield weighed in with 7 of the goals.

3 points that I think guarentees a second successive runners up spot - congrats in advance to St A on the title. Hopefully we will run you closer next season.

Pelynt Res 1 - 2 Premier Sixes Reserves (HT 1-1)

Ryan Martin 2 (winner came 11 seconds into injury time)

Great result for reserves who only had the bare 9 at 11 am and needed to take first team manager Dan Code and sub Ryan Martin for the bare 11.

Does anyone know these results

Delabole vs Callington

Stoke Climsland vs Sticker

delabole 1-4 callington ref was very poor for both side delabole should have had 3 pens only got 1 but center half for delabole was very luck not to be sent off for deliberate hand ball in box in early in 1st half :drink:

Does anyone know these results

Delabole vs Callington

Stoke Climsland vs Sticker

delabole 1-4 callington ref was very poor for both side delabole should have had 3 pens only got 1 but center half for delabole was very luck not to be sent off for deliberate hand ball in box in early in 1st half :drink:

week st mary 7-3 delabole 1st

Duchy Div 3

Lostwithiel 4-2 St. Newlyn East (Dent 2)

Saints 4 down in 20 minutes having giftwrapped the goals for the home side and only then woke up and started to play. Kai Stone in goal for Lostwithiel pulled off a great save from a header from Russ Withers with the score at 4-2 that could have set up an interesting last 15 mins.

Good luck to Lostwithiel for the rest of the season.

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

Feel very sorry for the St Teath lads after ther efforts over the last month or so.Ian southgate at the game very pleased with his comments on what we are trying to achieve,the pitch looked and played superbly well.I dont think we played that badly ,gunni punished our mistakes and won the game at a canter.If they could get this side every week then who knows.The big four is now the big 3 and we will have to fight gunni for 4th place.

the pitch looked brillaint and was great to play on , i think probably the best all season.

this was a great performance from us, 1 of or our best performance all season. in my opinion this was the 1st game we've been able to play our best team and formation(not an excuse 4 poor performances during the season though). the whole team had great games but the defence especially thats why st teath didnt have many clear chances. was a great game to play in and watch i would of thought :)

good luck 2 st teath in their last games!

Gunni revs 3 v 1 Bere Alston revs

great result for the reverses against the top team.

The gunni lads where a pleasure to watch and we where very pleased to entertain them at the pub afterwards.The cup game was a bit of a farce really with both teams being understrengh,yesterday was a good game.The supportors couldnt beleive in there opinion how poor we where.I disagree we played well enough to get something ,but gunni played to there full potential,which on the day was good enough by a country mile.Pass on the word though,about the ground,might encourage the ecpl to inspect,i think it had to be done by the 7 march but to date we havent heard anything.

Get your results right 1st. You've just said you're fighting it out for 4th place yet want the ECPL to inspect your pitch? Why??????

Why not? Dobwall's results have not exactly set the world alight have they and as for Margon's i cannot for the life of me find thier results or league table.

Have to admit the pitch at St Teath is as good as your likely to get anywhere, just spoke to some of our lot who are off on it down the Barbican and they were saying is there any chance they could play on that pitch every week.

Would like to meet you 4 4 2,you obviously have an axe to grind with St TEATH .I never said that i wanted the ecpl to inspect the pitch ,we have applied to the league in the correct manner and the agreement with the duchy league is for the ecpl to inspect and appove or otherwise the ground to allow entry into a senior league.Have you or any one looked at edgecumbe.St Dennis or indeed any of the other canidates.

Garf, you won't find any results for Margon, i don't think such a team exists. And kittybag, my point is, ECPL will inspect your pitch, say yeah it's good enough for their league, then you'll finish 4th, so what's the point in that? And by the way, why would you like to meet me?

Dont get clever ,cowards act like that .The reason i would like to meet you is to judge what you actually think senior football needs.St Teath will accept the decision of the member clubs and will respect it i am sure,but what gives you the right to judge this club on results alone.St Newlyn east Padstow should anymore be said.We have competed in a very good division,we where told not to apply to the ecpl unless we where in the duchy premier ,we have done that we have also commited resources to improving the ground that we currently have a 25 year lease with an option to purchase.I think anyone can see that we are trying to put things in place to sustain football at that level.The ecpl ,duchy and the ccfa make the rules we are following there lead .I fully surport all the other applicants but they must surely have to meet the same criteria.

Garf, you won't find any results for Margon, i don't think such a team exists. And kittybag, my point is, ECPL will inspect your pitch, say yeah it's good enough for their league, then you'll finish 4th, so what's the point in that? And by the way, why would you like to meet me?

Sorry slip of the finger bud, would of thought anyone with half a brain would have known who i was on about mind. you also missed that i spelt their as thier in that post as well. He ain't that clever Will so i wouldn't get that upset ha ha.

I'm not really too concerned whether you go up or not to be honest, i was under the impression that only 1 from the Duchy maybe 2 were going to be promoted so i was only stating that 4th place wouldn't be good enough on that information. Anyway, how do you know you haven't met me already this season, and if you insist i'll introduce myself to you again when we meet for the 2nd game. Apologies Garf, you're right i aint too clever at all

Do that 4 4 2 i will look forward to it.You are correct gentelmens agrrement between the leagues 1 up from the duchy league,thats by right as Champions,subject to ground standards.However there are at presnet 3 places available to make the ecpl up to 32 teams.Under league rules all duchy teams seeking promotion had to apply by 7 jan 09 and will have the option to fill those vacancies if grounds are approved and they are voted in at the agm.See you saturday.

do i smell round 2 brewing??

kitbag - what happened saturday?? Gunni may have played well but if you had the same side out that drew with us last saturday then i wouldnt expect anything other than a win. Torpoint lads told us that St Teath were awful against them in their 2-2 draw, then i go big you up after you put in a great performance against us and then you get spanked on sat?? Few players missing? Roosey still have his ipod in and didnt realise the game had started??