Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 28/02/09

Division 3

Cornish Newboys 2 Gulval 2 (h/t 0-2)

A very determined Gulval team fully deserved there point against a subdued home side, trailing by 2 goals at half time it was'nt until the 2nd period that Cornish settled on the ball, played for each other and scored 2 great goals through Ryan Hooper and Leon Gilbert!

As usual in matches against Gulval there was plenty of banter, and poor challenges from either side, and a fair bit of poor refereeing from the official :wacko:

Mining Three:

STORM (5) 7, WENDRON V's (0) 0

Well beaten by a quality footballing side. How they managed to play the football they did on that god awful pitch is testament to their league position. I wouldn't have cows grazing on that pitch.

Wendron, sans manager and half a team, had to make do with a young, patched up team and it showed as Storm... uh, stormed into a 5-0 lead by half time. Some bad defending on our part and not enough pressure applied to their skilful midfielders. Possibly showed them too much respect. We actually played some really nice football ourselves in fits and starts and I hope this continues.

It'll be nice to get a home game or two now. Good luck to Storm for the rest of the season. Them and Cornish New Boys the best two footballing teams we've played this season.

Wendron MOM: Sam in central midfield, really hard worker, tackled well and played it sensibly when he got it. Plus, he has cultivated a quite excellent beard.

Storm MOM: Probably their man Titch in central midfield, made things happen for them.

Porteath 4 Halestown 1

Jubilee Cup.

Very good game enjoyed by all.

Scorers were myself, Steve, Adam and Nathan. Only been at the club a few weeks so not entirely sure of second names yet!

Well done lads

Guest lynchmob

Mining 3

Heamoor 3 Newlyn N.A 2

Good win for the blues helping us catch some of the teams in mid table, a tail of 2 halves Heamoor pushing hard first half to go 2-0 up with a stunning free kick from Dean Morrison and a tap in for Truan Osborne which he was happy with. Second half started well for Heamoor as we were awarded another free kick outside the box which Gary williams curled in beautfully, but then Heamoor started going quiet and maybe thought we had won the game, so all credit to the Newlyn boys as they never gave up and forced us back for the last half an hour scoring 2 good goals.

Well done to the Heamoor boys we keep improving each week..... lovin it :yahoo:

And good luck to Newlyn great bunch of guys, you can see why there near the top end of the table :smiley20:

MOM: Dean Morrison

Newlyn NA 4 - 2 Madron

As ever with this fixture, this was a fiesty encounter. After dominating the first half hour with little to show, The Crabs took the lead when Callum Mitchell rounded the Madron keeper before putting the ball in the back of the net. 1-0.

Madron then pulled it level when a long ball found its way to their forward via a wicked bounce. 1-1. Minutes later the away side took the lead when another long ball was well finished. Newlyn went in at half-time 1-2 down with Madron only having had 3 shots on goal.

After a inspirational team-talk, Newlyn came out all guns blazing for the second half, and after Dion Star's shot was parried brilliantly by the Madron keeper, who then stopped Mitchell's follow up, before Luke Frost finally headed over the line.

Andrew Palmer came on for Will Wiltshire, and had an immediate impact. His lay off put Mitchell clean through before Madron's number 5 put in a cynical tackle from behind in the box, not even recieving a yellow card. Mitchell stepped up and converted the penalty. 3-2.

Soon it was four. Seth Mitchell's great pass found his brother who squared it for Palmer to wrap up the game.

Newlyn could have had a few more in the last 10 but tired legs proved fatal. Still a great win after trailing at half time, and despite the number 5 calling us s*** and trying to intimidate the ref all game, we proved that we weren't.

Get in.

FOUR LANES 1 HALSETOWN 2,

VERY DEPLETED SIDE TODAY BIT DISSAPOINTED 6 PLAYERS CRY OFF

BETWEEN 12 YESTERDAY AND LUNCHTIME TODAY, 3 GENUINE INJURYS,

1 SUB [MYSELF]. CLOSE GAME NOT A LOT OFF FIRST HALF CHANCES FOURLANES PROBABLY SHADED IT FIRST HALF 0-0 HALF TIME. SECOND HALF WE WERE ON TOP IAN HODGES SCORED A GOAL WITH THE HELP OF A WICKED DEFLECTION, STEVE WEST SCORED A PENALTY, 20 MINS TO GO LOOKING LIKE A NICE STROLL TO FINAL WHISTLE ONE OF OUR PLAYERS WHOS ALREADY BEEN BOOKED,

GETS A SECOND BOOKING WHICH THEN GETS INCREASED TO A STRAIGHT RED BECAUSE DOESNT GIVE REF NAME, FOUR LANES SCORE AND IT WAS BACKS TO THE WALL FOR THE LAST 15 MINS

JUST ABOUT SCRAPED THROUGH IN THE END.

FOUR LANES 1 HALSETOWN 2,

VERY DEPLETED SIDE TODAY BIT DISSAPOINTED 6 PLAYERS CRY OFF

BETWEEN 12 YESTERDAY AND LUNCHTIME TODAY, 3 GENUINE INJURYS,

1 SUB [MYSELF]. CLOSE GAME NOT A LOT OFF FIRST HALF CHANCES FOURLANES PROBABLY SHADED IT FIRST HALF 0-0 HALF TIME. SECOND HALF WE WERE ON TOP IAN HODGES SCORED A GOAL WITH THE HELP OF A WICKED DEFLECTION, STEVE WEST SCORED A PENALTY, 20 MINS TO GO LOOKING LIKE A NICE STROLL TO FINAL WHISTLE ONE OF OUR PLAYERS WHOS ALREADY BEEN BOOKED,

GETS A SECOND BOOKING WHICH THEN GETS INCREASED TO A STRAIGHT RED BECAUSE DOESNT GIVE REF NAME, FOUR LANES SCORE AND IT WAS BACKS TO THE WALL FOR THE LAST 15 MINS

JUST ABOUT SCRAPED THROUGH IN THE END.

DIVISION 1.

Threemilestone 2, Redruth Utd 1. (H.T. 2-0) :thumbsup:

scorers patterson :clapper:

weir

think redruth had a player sent off after the whistle and a yellow after the whistle

other then myself i havnt seen a team moan quite so much as redruth but i suppose when its not going your way thats wat you do

think it was darren who came on at the end and added some sense to the team.

thanks for a good game

friendly game

st. day 3rds 0 titans 3

both teams tried to play football and 1st half was even 0-0. titans upped the pace in the second half and proved a little too strong for st.day who to their credit did not give up. thanks for a good game of football and good luck to st. day for the rest of the season :c:

3 clean sheets in a row now. Fantastic stuff. Is your centre half using a cricket bat to keep em out !!

Guest bunditheboss

well done boys again, well deserved win!!!!!

bring on the next round i think its titans, not sure though, i dont really care anyone will do i aint scared of anyone in this league anymore!!!!!!

Mining 3

Heamoor 3 Newlyn N.A 2

Good win for the blues helping us catch some of the teams in mid table, a tail of 2 halves Heamoor pushing hard first half to go 2-0 up with a stunning free kick from Dean Morrison and a tap in for Truan Osborne which he was happy with. Second half started well for Heamoor as we were awarded another free kick outside the box which Gary williams curled in beautfully, but then Heamoor started going quiet and maybe thought we had won the game, so all credit to the Newlyn boys as they never gave up and forced us back for the last half an hour scoring 2 good goals.

And good luck to Newlyn great bunch of guys, you can see why there near the top end of the table :smiley20:

Lynch,

you forgot to mention the amazing goalkeeping by Dave Tremaine to keep us ahead all match.

Division 3

A very determined Gulval team fully deserved there point against a subdued home side, trailing by 2 goals at half time it was'nt until the 2nd period that Cornish settled on the ball, played for each other and scored 2 great goals through Ryan Hooper and Leon Gilbert!

As usual in matches against Gulval there was plenty of banter, and poor challenges from either side, and a fair bit of poor refereeing from the official :wacko:

Well well, I didn't expect a fair and unbiased report from CNB. Hat's off, and thanks for a cracking game. That's what junior football is all about, two teams who wanted to win, yes there was a bit of banter, and some of it unnecessary (in the first half between our centre back and your feisty midfielder and in the second half mainly coming from the idiots on the sidelines) but on the whole it was no more that what you can expect in such a good physical and close game.

I think you have written before that you cannot control what the "spectators" say or do, you can only control the playing members. I agree. But what a shame that such a good physical side as yourselves are followed around by a bunch of numbskulls shouting abuse (mainly swearing and threats of physical harm) at the opposition.

You second "great" goal by the way was a cross.....come on......he didn't shoot from there.......!!

Well done to Jamie Harrison who scored both Gulval goals. The first was after good work down the left by Stuart Cooper (quick throw in), Phil Harvey (great run and pass) and Antony Polyblank who crossed, and the second was a peach, when Tom Mockford speared through the CNB defence to cross for Harrison who smashed in on the volley.

The referee was so so. He actually made a coupe of very good decisions when trying to be conned by players simply falling over. However, why he disallowed our "third" goal for off-side after playing on for what....12 to 15 seconds, a little unfortunate. And maybe your defender could answer why a penalty was not awarded when Corey Howes was up-ended in your penalty area.

Anyway, good stuff, good luck next year as I expect you will not have to face Gulval as you will be promoted.

Mining 3

Heamoor 3 Newlyn N.A 2

Well played to Heamoor and thanks for doing a very fair job as the stand-in ref. We obviously should have gone three down earlier to give us more time for a comeback! Disappointing result for us after a good run recently but the second free kick was a beauty and a worthy winner. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Division 3

Well well, I didn't expect a fair and unbiased report from CNB. Hat's off, and thanks for a cracking game. That's what junior football is all about, two teams who wanted to win, yes there was a bit of banter, and some of it unnecessary (in the first half between our centre back and your feisty midfielder and in the second half mainly coming from the idiots on the sidelines) but on the whole it was no more that what you can expect in such a good physical and close game.

I think you have written before that you cannot control what the "spectators" say or do, you can only control the playing members. I agree. But what a shame that such a good physical side as yourselves are followed around by a bunch of numbskulls shouting abuse (mainly swearing and threats of physical harm) at the opposition.

You second "great" goal by the way was a cross.....come on......he didn't shoot from there.......!!

Well done to Jamie Harrison who scored both Gulval goals. The first was after good work down the left by Carl Howard, Tom Mockford and Antony Polyblank, the second was a peach, when Mockford speared through the CNB defence to cross for Harrison who smashed in on the volley.

The referee was so so. He actually made a coupe of very good decisions when trying to be conned by players simply falling over. However, why he disallowed our "third" goal for off-side after playing on for what....12 to 15 seconds, a little unfortunate. And maybe your defender could answer why a penalty was not awarded when Corey Howes was up-ended in your penalty area.

Anyway, good stuff, good luck next year as I expect you will not have to face Gulval as you will be promoted.

Agree 100% about those on the sideline AGAIN. They had the cheek to complain about some of the language being used on the pitch (if it was that bad, would the referee not have nipped it in the bud?). Then after the ref tells the players what those on the sideline have said/complained about, those exact people were, for the second time this season, threatening to KILL me and calling me a C@*T :angry2: .. I wouldn't mind so much but I was only smiling at them because their constant abuse, or is that tourettes outbursts, were amusing me. Those people severely let down what is a good group of players.

The ref was APPALLING, and that's a compliment..He was equally bad for both teams BUT the challenge in the box on our centre midfielder WAS a penalty. I can understand the ref and others with a different view thinking that the defender won the ball, but, he didn't. He went straight through the ankle of our player and it really was a shocking and bad challenge, the ball was not won , it was our players ankle that put the ball out of play and that was because the defender went straight through him. Shit happens though, so nomoans from me on that one.

We then have the "offside" goal that should have been allowed to stand. I think I heard Gorgie say to me "you let yourself down there Coopsie" while I was having a go at the ref for disallowing the goal. I don't understand why this was said to me :wacko: ..

I was NOT questioning the fact that the flag had gone up, or even that there was an offside, I actually thought the line was superbly policed by both linesmen. What I was saying to the ref was, "why did you look at the linesman, then ignore the linesman", then actually say "no, carry on" and leave the play to continue for a good 10 to 20 seconds, and then when we get the ball in the back of the net, he blows his whistle and says "no goal" and pulls the play back to where the original offside apparantly occurred, even though the guy that put the ball in the back of the net was not the guy who was originally supposed to be offside. This just seemed like a guy that wanted to ruin the game for everybody involved.

Luckily most of the players seemed to concentrate solely on the game and seemed to enjoy some banter with eachother, especially about the ref. I've never been upto a ref before to say about how disgusting and dangerous a challenge was on a player, only to be told to shut up. If I told that pillock to shut up, I would be told to leave the pitch and get a hefty ban.I thought respect was supposed to be a two way thing?.

Anyway, good luck to C.N.B for the rest of the season and thankyou for two great games of football, in which we managed to stay unbeaten on both occasions. Can you say the same ;) (tongue firmly in cheek ok guys).

Jollys Shield

Madron 0 - 14 Redruth Utd Res (h/t 0-4)

We were crap first half but after bollocking at half time ran riot in the second half, thanks to madron for a game played in great spirit and I think we have got them again next week in the league

How many dig you bag then Steve? :D:c:

You know me better than that Callum I am a provider not some glory hunting selfish forward, and every time I do get close to the goal I've got Darin yelling at me to get back and cover!

Howd you get on yesterday?

ST JUST 3 TREVENSON 2

WELL DONE TO ST JUST WHO HAVE SOME DECENT KIDS COMING THROUGH,TREVENSON HAD CHANCES BUT NOTHING IS FALLING AT THE MOMENT,STICK WITH IT LADS.

THE ONLY DOWN SIDE WAS WE WERE CHANGED UP AND THE TOLD THERE WAS NO REF AND THAT HE PULLED OUT ON THURSDAY NOBODY TOLD ST JUST THIS,LUCKY FOR US A LOCAL WOMAN DID THE JOB AND WAS VERY GOOD. :c:

ON THE PLUS SIDE JASON KITCHEN IS TO RETURN TO THE SIDE FOR NEXT WEEKS MATCH

Guest titan1

well done boys again, well deserved win!!!!!

bring on the next round i think its titans, not sure though, i dont really care anyone will do i aint scared of anyone in this league anymore!!!!!!

yea bundi it is the titans youve got in the next round of the cup looking forward to it already should be a good game see u there

Division 3

Well done to Jamie Harrison who scored both Gulval goals. The first was after good work down the left by Carl Howard, Tom Mockford and Antony Polyblank, the second was a peach, when Mockford speared through the CNB defence to cross for Harrison who smashed in on the volley.

We then have the "offside" goal that should have been allowed to stand. I think I heard Gorgie say to me "you let yourself down there Coopsie" while I was having a go at the ref for disallowing the goal. I don't understand why this was said to me :wacko: ..

I was NOT questioning the fact that the flag had gone up, or even that there was an offside, I actually thought the line was superbly policed by both linesmen. What I was saying to the ref was, "why did you look at the linesman, then ignore the linesman", then actually say "no, carry on" and leave the play to continue for a good 10 to 20 seconds, and then when we get the ball in the back of the net, he blows his whistle and says "no goal" and pulls the play back to where the original offside apparantly occurred, even though the guy that put the ball in the back of the net was not the guy who was originally supposed to be offside.

I too thought Rhondda on your line was excellent, and none of us would have been suprised to see a penalty given against us for a poor challenge, albeit far from a malicious one!

The offside decision is as straight forward as you can get - ball is played through to Gulval striker (No 9), who is stood in an offside position (couple yards off), flag goes up straight away! Now I cant answer why the referee has'nt looked and acknowledged that decision - initially he did have his back to me but again I agree with Coopsie I thought he was poor for both sides! I did not even look at the resulting play after raising the flag, but just focused on the referee - as I said to our boys after the match he created that situation but made me look poor!

I'm always fair and impartial Coopsie- so in that respect your reaction is poor, and lets you down because I thought you were sort of player that excepted a decision and moved on ;)

Cant comment on goings on of sideline as I was engrossed in running the line (tongue in cheek),

Good Luck to you guys and yea after gaining just one point from you in the league this season were glad to see the back of you - hopefully you can test West Cornwall as much and do us a big favour :thumbsup:

ST JUST 3 TREVENSON 2

WELL DONE TO ST JUST WHO HAVE SOME DECENT KIDS COMING THROUGH,TREVENSON HAD CHANCES BUT NOTHING IS FALLING AT THE MOMENT,STICK WITH IT LADS.

THE ONLY DOWN SIDE WAS WE WERE CHANGED UP AND THE TOLD THERE WAS NO REF AND THAT HE PULLED OUT ON THURSDAY NOBODY TOLD ST JUST THIS,LUCKY FOR US A LOCAL WOMAN DID THE JOB AND WAS VERY GOOD. :c:

ON THE PLUS SIDE JASON KITCHEN IS TO RETURN TO THE SIDE FOR NEXT WEEKS MATCH

A closely fought game, with very little between both sides - could of gone either way towards the end. St.Just took the lead from a corner, with a towering header by 16 year old Jack willis. Trevenson replied 10 minutes later to make it 1-1, but then old timer Terry Sturgeon, rolling back the years, took on both goalkeeper and defender before slotting it away. St.Just then went 3-1 up after teenager Jason House was brought down in the area, allowing Jack Willis to get his second of the game. However just before half time, Trevenson drew it back to 3-2 with a well taken 30 yard strike.

In the 2nd half, Trevenson having most of the possesion, were always liable to be caught on break by the midfield quartet of teenagers Jason House, Joe Sturgeon, Murray Westren and Jack Willis, but unfortunatly their finnishing wasn't as good as their running.

In the last 10 minutes, St.Just were under immense pressure to hold on to the lead, and relied on the old timers to block every oppurtunity Trevenson had.

A special thanks would like to be given to Nicola Ellis, who took over refereeing and did an excellent job at such short notice.

Trevenson Res. 4 .v. Pendeen Res. 4

Not really a game of football played at Pool school due to bad discipline from both teams and constant moaning and bullish tactics from the away team. I didn't enjoy it at all. Trevenson goalscorers:

Luke Abbot-Smith 2

Shaun Wilkins 2

DIVISION 1.

Four Lanes 1, Halsetown 2.

Gulval 2, St Ives Town 2.

Gwinear 1, Spice of Life 6.

Robartes 0, Illogan 2.

St Just 3, Trevenson 2.

Threemilestone 2, Redruth Utd 1. :thumbsup:

Trispen 0, St Buryan 4.

Troon 3, Storm 1.

DIVISION 2

C.S.M. 2, St Agnes 3.

Mount Ambrose 5, Crown Inn Glory 3.

Mousehole 0, Illogan 4.

Newlyn NA 4, Madron 2.

JUBILEE CUP

Chacewater 6, Sennen 2.

Portreath 4, Halsetown 1.

DIVISION 3.

C.N.B. 2, Gulval 2.

Heamoor 3, Newlyn NA 2.

St Ives Mariners 3, Ludgvan 9.

Storm 7, Wendron 0.

Trevenson 4, Pendeen 4.

West Cornwall 8, Marazion 1.

JOLLYS SHIELD

Madron 0, Redruth Utd 14.

Agree 100% with you Georgie, i saw the flag go up straight away, offside.. Why he let play run on was strange but we all have off days & having a rant at him isn't going to change anything apart from the refs attitude towards you. Your 1st goal, we should have dealt with better.(one more trip over the hedge wouldn't have hurt you Georgie.? :D ) & the 2nd was a hit & hope cross.?

Banter is banter & as long as it stays on the pitch it's makes for a more intense game.Those on the sidelines shouldn't get involved,but it was a good competitive game, so they were bound to get wound up a bit.

Good game played in a good old fashioned spirit,& if both teams thought the ref didn't have the best of games, then he was at least even handed?

Thanks to CNB, enjoy the rest of your season.

Gulval boys..Shhh when around the man in black please, not one ref has ever changed his mind after being shouted at.???

Why are Gorgie and Rhondda assuming that the ref was being shouted at?. I will point out once again that I was ASKING him why he said "No, carry on" and then only blew up when the ball went in the back of the net. I did NOT react in any way at all, so therefore did NOT let myself or my team-mates down. I'm sure that if I had shouted at the ref, he would have sent me off..

I don't need this shit and I ALWAYS play the game the way it should be played, I NEVER do anything dirty and I ALWAYS tell players not to get on the ref's back. Gorgie, perhaps if you speak to the young right back who was marking me, he would happily tell you how I was telling my team-mates to get off the refs back and how pathetic I found the constant bitching and moaning each time a challenge went in.

I'll accept criticism from anybody, IF it's based on ability or fact. However, to accuse me of letting myself down (which in turn would mean I've let my team-mates down) after not actually hearing what I was TALKING to the ref about, is simply unfair and in my opinion also out of order.

Nothing can be done now, it's been and gone. Good luck.