Cornwall Football Forum

A debut goal (or five)...

Paul Robertson scored five goals on his debut for Newquay against Foxhole today, including a hat-trick that was apparently achieved in less than ten minutes.

Is this one of the best debut performances in recent times? Is anybody aware of anything similar?

Mikael Forssell scored ten goals on his debut for Hannover in a 23-0 win after leaving Birmingham, although they were playing an amateur team!

Guest Peppermint

Paul Robertson's sensational debut had long standing Peppermint supporters searching their memories for anything to match the achievement yesterday.

He is certainly a great addition to the Newquay ranks - and has Thaddeus Cox states he is a great guy and brings a lot to the team spirit and the Clubhuose!

Well done Paul and hopefully there is more goals to come.

Whuru - Capes did not play and I think he is still injured - perhaps r and l will confirm!

Paul Robertson scored five goals on his debut for Newquay against Foxhole today, including a hat-trick that was apparently achieved in less than ten minutes.

Is this one of the best debut performances in recent times? Is anybody aware of anything similar?

Mikael Forssell scored ten goals on his debut for Hannover in a 23-0 win after leaving Birmingham, although they were playing an amateur team!

Jamie Densham scored five times in the first 28 minutes on his "second debut" for Bideford against Hallen.

He had played a couple of times for Bideford two or three years earlier, went back to Devon League football but then decided to give the Western League a second go.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Perhaps Robbo wanted to join the club closest to his home ! He is certainly making the most of the clubhouse, must see if we can find a translator though.

some would argue "Keano" didn't get the fairest crack of the whip??

Things baffle in football, I scored as many goals for a struggling goonhavern side as i did for porth! (playing against the same teams in the same league)

sometimes things just don't work out, I had a brilliant time at porth the lads are amazing and it wasn't an easy decision to leave but I'm really glad to be at newquay and hopefully i'll grab a few more goals!

Judge he reminds me of robbie keane,he can,t score goals for a title challenging team but he can score for also rans,and good that newquay have signed another "local boy". :c:

oh and when I left I was still their top goalscorer handsome!!!!

Carry on performing Robbo and you may end up the top scorer for 3 sides this season ! Having seen you at St Day and Foxhole in a Newquay shirt, I hope that enjoy the rest of the season as much as you enjoy the Mount wise clubhouse.

To Handsome, we only signed Robbo as Hamps needed someone to talk to in his own langauge.

Well, that puts an end to the drama and speculation alluded to earlier on in the thread. It's reassuring that there are decent people out there that can recognise an achievement and give credit where it is due.

The purpose of this post is to congratulate Paul on an outstanding debut, which he thoroughly deserves. You have to be sympathetic towards anybody that feels the need to use the opportunity to share their feelings of resentment in public, it must be a very inadequate individual that can't control their feelings of jealousy over such a feat.

Go Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebo. :drink:

Guest Peppermint

Well thought out and completely reasoned posting by Mitch, as usual.

It does seem a bit churlish that instead of being happy to congratulate someone regarding what was a remarkable debut and feat of goal scoring that Hansome Dan has to to try and belittle the achievement. Is it petty jealousy or spite - even if you support another team then you can still congratulate someone!!!!!

Regarding why Paul left Porthleven - does it really matter - it happens all the time with players and what's been stated before Porthleven's loss is Newquay's gain.

Another snide remark - another local lad signed by Newquay - Paul lives quite near Newquay and certainly nearer than Porthleven. Look at the Newquay line up each week and virtually all the players come from the Newquay area.

Welcome to Mount Wise Paul - a great addition to the squad.

I don't recall saying Newquay would win the league, we may go close and give the top 4 a surprise or 2 along the way though, PZ & Port away already 6 points taken off the top 2, and we have to play all 4 of them at home yet (maybe thats not such a good thing with our record at MW), still it will be an entertaining run in and Robbo/Newquay will have a big say on who does win the title.

He has come from Port first team where got messed around !!

Really???? I thought the only reason he left was that newquay was closer to his home.

"Port messed him around" - never?

Ouch!!!!!

Well done to Paul, who`s certainly a proven goalscorer for sure i enjoyed watching him play for Porthleven and i hope he`ll carry the tradition on for the newquay fans, good on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, how disappointing for Paul that his hat-trick at the weekend means that he will only have an average of four goals per game!

Top stuff mate. I'll look forward to seeing another photo with a random selection of footballs in the Newquay Voice!!

lol, cheers mitch!

they certainly were a random selection of footballs! Obviously continuity wasn't high on the guardians priorities!!

noticed the "cat" hit the sticks on saturday? get in!!! we've no game this wkend so another run out for the mighty 2nds (if they'll have me) could be on!! see you at training??

Guest Peppermint

Hopefully Paul The Voice report will meet with your approval - a lot of Newquay supporters are awaiting eagerly your First Team home debut against Mousehole on Saturday week.

Guest Peppermint

Two very nice and sportsman like comments from Kevin and Paparazzi from Porthleven. We can all appreciate achievements whether they are from another club or not.

Paul is an instant hit with the Newquay faithful but not only for his goals that have been phenomenal but is contribution to the club and his addition to the excellent team spirit.

Guest goalmachine999

sheeebo u cud score for the firsts but cudnt for the secounds lol never mind you can put that right this weekend at home to falmouth. but we have to fight for a place now after last weeks performance.

sheeebo u cud score for the firsts but cudnt for the secounds lol never mind you can put that right this weekend at home to falmouth. but we have to fight for a place now after last weeks performance.

hoaw! I scored for the 2nd's....( a pen lol)

i'll bag you a couple on saturday if you like? (if I get on....)

Ha ha, I'll take one for the team and let Shanks sit on the bench! William Hill have just listed the following first goalscorer for Saturday:

Rabone - 50/1

(Rabone to eat all the food after the match - 1/100)

Crowle - 2/1

(Crowle to sign for Truro and Rabone to take a huge cut of the transfer fee - 5/1)

Robertson - 1/9

(Robertson to be enjoying a Tennants Extra at half-time and featuring on the back page of the Newquay Voice buried in a mountain of footballs - evens)

Goalmachine Tipton - 4/1

(Tipton to be replaced in the squad by his dad - 2/1)

I know where I'll be putting my money!

Ha ha, I'll take one for the team and let Shanks sit on the bench! William Hill have just listed the following first goalscorer for Saturday:

Rabone - 50/1

(Rabone to eat all the food after the match - 1/100)

Crowle - 2/1

(Crowle to sign for Truro and Rabone to take a huge cut of the transfer fee - 5/1)

Robertson - 1/9

(Robertson to be enjoying a Tennants Extra at half-time and featuring on the back page of the Newquay Voice buried in a mountain of footballs - evens)

Goalmachine Tipton - 4/1

(Tipton to be replaced in the squad by his dad - 2/1)

I know where I'll be putting my money!

stick a tenner on a Robbo- ball mountain, Rabone- eat-athon double!!!

and what were the odds on Andy Bikkers sporting less hair than a coyote with mange after a visit to the clippers?? lol

Guest goalmachine999

come on mike i should have better odds than 4.1 as a goalmachine lol.

sheeebo u will get a game you know you will. your the one who will bring a decent crowd to mount wise on sat with the way you been scoring goals!!!!!!!! haha