Cornwall Football Forum

Whos The Best Player In Combination Football

Guest B Manley

Having been out of the combo for a couple of years & out of the teams we have played so far no one has actually stood out, Nicky Medlin probably one of the hardest workers out there & rarely gives the ball away but like I said no one has stood out.....got some tough games coming up against higher placed teams so I'll let you know what I think.

Bet yout can't wait......!

i agree kayne is the best striker in the combo, looking forward to playing him very soon though! andy cowper has gotta be there or there abouts always scores goals, even if he is lazy!! duane britton if he played in a better team, prob the toughest opponent ive faced this season!

Having seen a few games this season, i think scott kinge and steve brewer played supurbly on saturday...and blundell the doctor is a fantastic player. Kayne was up there aswell easily as well as the perranporth keeper who must be the best in the league.

Just a couple of other names to throw in the hat - rob bray and matt calloway from illogan, and how about tom benny i think it is from st agnes, i always think he has been one of the best players consistantly year after year.

Guest football watcher

steve brewer i think is the only one off those players who can tackle, create, go past players, is both footed, consistant, and always puts the miles in. Think that gives him the edge over the others.

Guest football mad

b manley, football watcher, gears of war and speedy g are the wooden spoons big enough for you to eat out of steve ass !! Look next him the doc is better and i can think of others in different teams who I would prefer in my team

Guest probus lad

why has no1 really mentioned players from perranporth? i know lots of them have dropped down 2 play combo but justin miles is a great defender and hes played for years. you've also got cain and justin andrews up front who r both class and i know luke wort hasn't played for a while but hes been awsome whenever ive played against him. i missed the perranwell game and havent seen this steve brewer play but surely the others are worth a shout?

Guest man on! the sideline

looks like your bothered about perranporth deano

come on, dean harris, mike cain,justin miles, ben goldring, luke wort, kayne trevaskis, justin andrew, and ian gosling.

you've got to admit there all reasonable players. by hook or by crook, love 'em or hate 'em, perranporth have put one hell of a side together.

Steve Brewer 2 good for this league, not realy a combo player

Played with Steve at Porthleven last year in the SWPL and whilst I think he is a top lad, he didn't score that many in a side that created plenty of chances, but I understand that he has been playing very well this season.

Guest Gears of War

b manley, football watcher, gears of war and speedy g are the wooden spoons big enough for you to eat out of steve ass !! Look next him the doc is better and i can think of others in different teams who I would prefer in my team

the doc is a class player but steve has more to his game, dont know why we would want 2 eat out of steves ass :blink: , just my oppinon on the overall game of the top players in combo. how many goals they will score, how many assists, workrate, teamwork, big game players etc

looks like your bothered about perranporth deano

come on, dean harris, mike cain,justin miles, ben goldring, luke wort, kayne trevaskis, justin andrew, and ian gosling.

you've got to admit there all reasonable players. by hook or by crook, love 'em or hate 'em, perranporth have put one hell of a side together.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAsssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drink:

As i have not played this season it is hard for me to comment but when he is on fire luke wort is a great player. you also can not knock nicky medlin. im sure any manager would love to have him in there side.

other top players are...

neil kernow

the doc from perranwell

chris strike

tom russel

justin miles

carl pepperoni

dan stidwell

Guest Helston Patriot

Disagree about paps- playing Jnr football for troon!!???

GK- Butch

DEF- Justin Miles/Sharkey

MID- Nicky Meds/Gossy

FWD- Kayne/(steadman Based on scoring form)

Guest probus lad

As i have not played this season it is hard for me to comment but when he is on fire luke wort is a great player.

i know hes a good player but if he can play when hes on fire then thats real talent!!!! :P

Of the games I've watched and reported on this season and last, the player that has got my respect as a good clubman and player is John Matthews at Ludgvan. Gives 100% and has always done so.

When Pz played them the other day he kept the score respectable and scored one himself. It's a pity that there are not a lot more players like him in the league.

When you ask who the best player is, it's not just scoring ability or skill on the pitch it is club loyalty, etc. John you're top man so far this season.

CTB

Every is entilted to an opinion and the debate will never end.

gk: Butchey when fit by a mile

def: Mike Cain and fraggles

Mid:Meds, Neil Curnow, Rob Bray

Striker:Justin Andrews.( Best natural goalscorer in the league )

Where will those above players be plying there trade next season??

They are good players of the same age group(-Kayne&Luke)!!

When Mr Heaney has no spare change left they will all be turning out in the Red and Black of Truro City once again!!

THEY DONT PLAY IN RED AND BLACK,YOUR YRS BEHIND MY ANSUM :c:

They will be when the short ginger fella goes!!

GK: Graig Nicholls PENZANCE

Def: John Bird ST JUST

Mid: Neil Curnow ST JUST

For: Tom Benney ST AGNES

These are class players who give 100% week in week out for there respective clubs and are top blokes and very loyal, Thats what makes a player class. :c: