Cornwall Football Forum

best combo player last 5 yrs

If Perranwell players have been amongst the best then it is well justified in my opinion. There's certainly a lot of loyalty at Perranwell which I have a lot of respect for. I don't know enought about many other teams to comment, but I am sure that there are a number of players in many of the mid-table and bottom-half sides that are worthy of a mention too?

BEST COMBO SQUAD SIDE LAST 5 SEASONS WOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS

1. D. BURROWS ILLOGAN / BEANNIE PENRYN

2. K.DAVIES PENRYN/PWELL/FAL TOWN

3. A.CLARKE ILLOGAN

4. S. ALLEN PWELL

5. A. SHARKEY HELSTON

6. J.MILES TRUO/ HELSTON/PERRANPORTH

6. A. THOMAS FAL TOWN PENZANCE

7.N. MEDLIN HOLMANS

8. G.BLAKE HELSTON

9. N. CURNOW ST JUST

10. R. BRAY ILLOGAN

11. D. PULLEN PENRYN / HELSTON

12. J. ANDREWS AGGIE

13. C. PAPPARONE HOLMANS

No vendetta with Fraggs at all mate he is a top bloke that I get on well with. He loves to banter me as do I to him. Not jealous at all mate as I know that if I wanted to I could still play combo. And it's WHAT not wot.

C&D you have missed Burchy, Monkey, Dashy, Dayer, and Bean from your Rowes dream team. :thumbsup:

GilletT, you are closing in on my identity!

A Rowes dream team would consist of:

1. GilletT (only place for u mate!)

2. Steve Opie

3. Martin Day

4. Chris Martindale

5. Fraggle

6. Mike Brewer

7. Darren Burchell

8. Darren Martin

9. Lj / Bushy

10. Steve Brewer

11. Matt Pearce

Lj would clean up!!

Looking at that team I think Chopper IS the best combo player the last 5 years!!!

:drink:

You are joking me if TJ Wilson isn't on this list...also what about the inclusion of Dr John Blundell?

Or would that be too many Perranwell players for the rest of the forums liking ^_^

Read properly dinho it clearly states ROWES dream team. All players mentioned have or currently do work for Rowes. All but one have or do play senior football too thats why it would be a cracking team.

And we could have Alan Pearce as ref too so we could never lose.

Plus we could bring in Kirk, Steve Wherry, Paul Pearce, Dashy, Ryan 'Toblerone Head'Bullen, Jarvo. Maybe even Yankee as mascot!!! :yahoo:

My combo squad for the last 5 years

1. D. BURROWS ILLOGAN

2. T.HOGARTH LUDGVAN/ILLOGAN/HOLMANS

3. A.CLARKE ILLOGAN

4. S. ALLEN PWELL

5. A. SHARKEY HELSTON

6. J.MILES TRUO/ HELSTON/PERRANPORTH

7.N. MEDLIN HOLMANS

8. G.BLAKE HELSTON

9. N. CURNOW ST JUST

10. A.HILL ILLOGAN/HOLMANS

11. D. PULLEN PENRYN / HELSTON

12. E.IVANOV MOUSEHOLE

13. C. PAPPARONE HOLMANS

14. R.BUSHBY ST IVES

Guest cloak and dagger

James Miller must be mentioned!!

ok he's played mainly south western, but his season as player/manager at fal town combo must count!

and what about westy!?

Players like Darren Steadman and Andy Trathen have moved around over the past 5 years but whever they go they get goals.

steadman would have scored a lot more goals,if he wasnt sent off so much :SM_carton:

Also only started playing combo footy last season after being at Gulval. His mouth and brashness can certainly let him down at times but he definately knows where the back of the net is and is one of those players that you'll hate to play against but love to have in your team.

just got to mention keith rule even though hes stopped playing now,quality player for years at holmans and a top man.another player to mention is hal davis now at penryn but once of holmans,one hard centre half and one hell of a penalty taker but theres been a lot said about goalscorers on this topic but for me over the last five years theres one who stands out by a mile,he played for an unfancied club but banged in between 25 and 30 goals every season thats carl paperone,work rate,goals and moaning hes got it all(only joking mate).

Nigel Brabyn Perranwell not only a nice chap, very good player, but most of all got to be the most LOYAL player in any local leagues.can,t remember him playing for anyone other than Perranwell.

THINK HE PLAYED FOR TRURO DANIAL :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::yahoo:

I RECKEN MATTY SALMON IS WORTH A SHOUT, PLAYED QUITE A FEW COMBO GAMES OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS, [EXCEPT WHEN HE GOT THE ODD CALL UP FOR THE 1ST TEAM AS THEY NEEDED THE BENCH KEPT WARM) :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: :drink:

Dave Rawlings!!

You've just read my mind Gillo - I was scrolling down here thinking it's the usual "he scores loads of goals" why does no-one ever praise the defenders like Dave Rawlings or Johnny Williams (I know you've only played Combo for 3 yrs Johnny but you're one of the best!).

Dave Rawlings!!

You've just read my mind Gillo - I was scrolling down here thinking it's the usual "he scores loads of goals" why does no-one ever praise the defenders like Dave Rawlings or Johnny Williams (I know you've only played Combo for 3 yrs Johnny but you're one of the best!).

thats because they pay the big bucks for strikers,because there simply the best :clapper: :clapper:

Doubt there is many strikers who have enjoyed playing against Dave over the years, having played with and against I know which I would prefer!!

Remember him "tackling" a certain whinging striker from Ronins club last year, he squealed before contact was even madecos he knew what was coming!

Dave Rawlings!!

thats because they pay the big bucks for strikers,because there simply the best :clapper::clapper:

HOW MUCH YOU GET PAID AS A STRIKER M8. BET YOU HAD 2 PAY 3 QUID SUBS

Guest eightyeight

Surely Gareth Pitt from Illogan would get in to the debate. Consistent week in week out, loyal team/club member and even dropped down to play for the second team this season.