Cornwall Football Forum

best combo player last 5 yrs

Guest cloak and dagger

Its got to be Duncan Gillet,

the guy can play anywhere (his best position is in goal!)

and he is the most consistent- he gets the same amount of red and yellow cards a season! and is banned for the same amount of games a season!!!

:drink:

Its got to be Duncan Gillet,

the guy can play anywhere (his best position is in goal!)

and he is the most consistent- he gets the same amount of red and yellow cards a season! and is banned for the same amount of games a season!!!

Thanks for the vote C&D though I sense just a little sarcasm in there. For your info I have not been sent off for approx 18 months and only picked up 6 yellows last season, and 0 so far this seson 5 games in! :clapper:

Oh and it's double t on Gillett in future :thumbsup:

Guessing by your user name you wont reveal your identity!?

Guest simon sandwich

Ian Grant by a mile, He is simply the best and i love him.

been watching him since i was a kid.

come on granty give us a wave!!!!! (dont jump in a swimming pool!!)

Just out of interest, are there many sides in the Combo that have retained players for the whole of the last five years? Looking at the Newquay squad I can't think of any individual that has turned out consistently for the last five years on the bounce... in fact, most of them would have been playing for the under 13's come to think of it!

What about the centre back at Ludgvan, I've heard he isn't playing this season but somebody did say he'd played for over 30 consecutive seasons?! He gets my vote!

[

Thanks for the vote C&D though I sense just a little sarcasm in there. For your info I have not been sent off for approx 18 months and only picked up 6 yellows last season, and 0 so far this seson 5 games in! :clapper:

Oh and it's double t on Gillett in future :thumbsup:

Guessing by your user name you wont reveal your identity!?

Marcus smith gets my vote - he'll bag you easily a goal a game!

Just look at him on Saturday, came off the bench to thunder a shot home

Are you taking the P***?? or are you being serious (if you are thanks for the compliment) :c: ??

coz i certainly wouldnt rate myself as best combo players in last 5years!!!

my choice would have to be either Darren Holsy or Darren Ball two fantastic centre halfs

Guest cloak and dagger

Fraggle hasn't been the best combo player for the last 5 yrs, but for the last 10 years!!!

Can u include the legend that is Matty Pearce?!

What would a combo dream team be from over the last 5 years? (that's a new topic to start)

Beanie has to be in goal!?

No vendetta with Fraggs at all mate he is a top bloke that I get on well with. He loves to banter me as do I to him. Not jealous at all mate as I know that if I wanted to I could still play combo. And it's WHAT not wot.

C&D you have missed Burchy, Monkey, Dashy, Dayer, and Bean from your Rowes dream team. :thumbsup:

Guest simon sandwich

mr gillet,

other than ian grant, you are my fav player. i think your fantastic. did i hear that you once had the opportunity to play for newquay for a bit of cash??????????

loads of years left in you yet mate!!!!!

i love you

Fraggle hasn't been the best combo player for the last 5 yrs, but for the last 10 years!!!

Can u include the legend that is Matty Pearce?!

What would a combo dream team be from over the last 5 years? (that's a new topic to start)

Beanie has to be in goal!?

Beannie good keeper in my eyes as well but he hasnt played combo for 5 years.

think its more like 3 years fal hel, 1 year swl, 1 year combo this season peninsula premier

I've only played/followed combo football for around 3 years but not playing at that level this year.

Dom Pullen would have to be up there with the best as he's scored goals every season (I think).

Plus his strike partner at Truro when I 1st came to Cornwall - Kayne Travaskis

(alot believe he should play higher now), although he has had a few injuries.

Luke 'my buddy' Wort - top class when fully fit.

Any thoughts on the top keeper in the combo over the last 3 years?

John Mitchell was excellent for Perranporth (coming from his centre half at the time).

:D

Guest cloak and dagger

No vendetta with Fraggs at all mate he is a top bloke that I get on well with. He loves to banter me as do I to him. Not jealous at all mate as I know that if I wanted to I could still play combo. And it's WHAT not wot.

C&D you have missed Burchy, Monkey, Dashy, Dayer, and Bean from your Rowes dream team. :thumbsup:

GilletT, you are closing in on my identity!

A Rowes dream team would consist of:

1. GilletT (only place for u mate!)

2. Steve Opie

3. Martin Day

4. Chris Martindale

5. Fraggle

6. Mike Brewer

7. Darren Burchell

8. Darren Martin

9. Lj / Bushy

10. Steve Brewer

11. Matt Pearce

Lj would clean up!!

Looking at that team I think Chopper IS the best combo player the last 5 years!!!

Nigel Brabyn Perranwell not only a nice chap, very good player, but most of all got to be the most LOYAL player in any local leagues.can,t remember him playing for anyone other than Perranwell.

The same can be said for kevin tonkin!!only ever played for goonhavern!still playing for the former reserves now!!also a top quality centre half!always remember him placing dom pullen in his pocket whenever the 2 used to meet!! :P

2. Steve Opie

3. Martin Day

4. Chris Martindale

5. Fraggle

6. Mike Brewer

7. Darren Burchell

8. Darren Martin

9. Lj / Bushy

10. Steve Brewer

11. Matt Pearce

Lj would clean up!!

Looking at that team I think Chopper IS the best combo player the last 5 years!!!

Enough of the goal thing would ya, my manager already found out I can play sweeper dont want him finding that too!!

That would be some side, though not sure LJ and myself would be ale to play in the same side, he doesnt speak to me remember. He got out-bantered and took it badly

Why dont you PM me and reveal yourself, promise I wont tell

2. Steve Opie

3. Martin Day

4. Chris Martindale

5. Fraggle

6. Mike Brewer

7. Darren Burchell

8. Darren Martin

9. Lj / Bushy

10. Steve Brewer

11. Matt Pearce

Lj would clean up!!

You are joking me if TJ Wilson isn't on this list...also what about the inclusion of Dr John Blundell?

Or would that be too many Perranwell players for the rest of the forums liking ^_^