Cornwall Football Forum

what this about Storm becoming a feeder club for Truro City?

I hear that Storm fc have signed a contract with Truro City to become their feeder club.

Surely we will see some great young players coming to Storm in a bid to gain match experience. I can see this boosting them in to the best team in the league by far. Facilities will be improved and should drag in some additional sponsorship.

Guest Ronin

thanks to the forum where the idea was first muted.

Am I seeing things or has this forum just been credited for doing something right for a change?? Dave Deacon - when you report this agreement between Truro and Storm in the Indy are you going to quote allforone1889 above?? Might make up for all the times we've been accused of stuff in the past :D

I was messing around on one of the usual Truro-Bashing feeds one day and everyone was complaining that Truro did nothing for Cornish football and were only out for themselves. I suggested a few ideas that could help them because I played there as a 15 yr old and liike the club, despite what peoeple say.

As I am now the sponsorship manager for Storm FC the first thing that I said was that TCFC should sponsor us. This was a joke and I'm sure everyone reading it accepted it as that. However, someone suggested that I ask to become a feeder club for TCFC.

I thought about it for a few days and decided - WHY NOT? I have contacts at the club from when I played there. A week later an agreement was made. The arrangements will be kept between TCFC and Storm FC, but the one thing I will say is that I have done this for footballing, and not financial reasons. As sponsorship manager I am more than confident of making this club a lot of money this season, and the first thing I said at the meeting is that I don't want any cash from TCFC!

I'm sure we will get the few who will try to stir things up.... but that's life eh?

So, any promising players in Junior football................ You know where to go!

Not to forget, the end of season tour to Dallas, Texas. We currently have 3 young players coaching out there on long contacts, and one of them is close to playing high school soccer (which is massive out there).

Storm, in my opinion are a great club with ever improving facilities and a very hard working commitee, which is key to any club looking to progress through to Senior football.

The merger with Praze, despite a shaky start is now looking to be a good move and the association with Truro City, I think is another positive step :clapper:

A number of clubs in the Mining League are showing the potential to make the step up to Senior football, and should also be praised for their efforts on and off the field!

It all makes for a very exciting Season ahead :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to see what the agreement between the 2 clubs entails. What players would drop down from Truro City FC? Obviously at the moment it is highly unlikely that any player from Storm could step into a Truro senior side, in the future who knows!

Think its a great opportunity for Storm to be linked with Truro, but what it entails would be interesting.

Do Storm have their own ground then and clubhouse?

Yes and my comment is not meant to be smart in any way.Your website confuses you with something in U.S. and the original posting on here states that you have signed a contract with Truro City.I'd be all for promoting Storm FC

The stormfc.net website is based in America. The website the UK branch of the brand will be using is in contruction and will be readily available asap. Did anyone from Storm FC state that a contract was signed? I certainly did not.

Excellent news if you would like to promote Storm FC and have any ideas then please do. many thanks Chairman.

To sum up for Gareth.....

*Storm FC founded 2001 by Antony Penna

*Kernow Storm FC founded 2004 (in Dallas) by Anyony Penna.. Same clubs, different brand, all under the same president (Guess who?)

*2006/07 Storm FC and Praze FC both established Mining 1 teams looking to get into senior football

*2007 the two clubs agree to 'join forces' this is not an official merger, leaving the door open for Praze to have their own teams in years to come.

*2008 Storm FC make an AGREEMENT with Truro City. The details of which will be given in due course.

For St.Darren...... there are two players in our team that should be playing senior football.... let alone could! But this shows our ambition surely.

Hope this has cleared things up? Thanks guys!

I am not sure who posted this, but I arranged the meeting, I attended it, and no formal contact has been signed.

It is good for Truro, as it is good for Storm. It is especially going to be effective when Truro go pro.

Anyway, any questions........ without asking for specifics............ please feel free to PM me.

ok point taken.

I'm not going to advertise players, we want to keep them!

Just to add to this point while it is popular, Storm FC are still looking for a second team manager. The person who takes over will have a very very competitive Mining3 team. Last year the team was very strong, although lacked some consistency as the club was ever-changing. For someone with a good knowledge of football this would be a great team to manage and promotion would be the main target.

PM myself or Matchu if interested.

Guest postman pat

trying to get my head around the feeder club idea.

1 surely this works with players under contract?

2 what about truro 3rds are they not a feeder for the 1st team?

3 if you want to play for truro why go to storm? :unsure:

good luck to storm just find it strange :c:

If I right in thinking I'm pretty sure there are rules by the FA against using other clubs as feeders.

One question I do have - What happens if Truro 3rds draw Storm in the Junior Cup- Are there any rules about this?

It's to stop this situation in the above quote from arising in the first place.

nursery or "feeder" clubs are prohibited under FIFA, FA and Football League rules

I'll just find the ruling, how sad am I.

However I could be totally wrong!

The ruling covers players who are signed on for both clubs as such you can only sign for one junior side and register for junior cup, however this would not be the case as players would not be signing for 2 clubs anyway.

I think the ruling applies to clubs in the same league, as I know several clubs who have loan and first refusal options with players. Liverpool and Stockport being probably one of the most high profile.

We are looking to work with Truro City on player development and progression and on joint off the pitch activities and I don't see how there can be a ruling against that.

I may however be wrong as its a crazy world..

Matchu, its all great in theory, but what do you see Truro and Storm getting out of it?

Someone said that they were Sponsorship manager or something like that, there are clubs all around that have fund raising committee's and trying to get money for the club. But its tough, people will only part with so much money.

If you're a club without a clubhouse there's even less funds coming into the club.

:c:

knew i should of signed for storm pricey!!!

thought something was going on lol

well done buddy sounds very exciting maybe truro want to have a look at the best of the mining leagues young players,no doubt all the good ones will sign for you now m8

the trip sound good to bud

perhaps with all that money behind you ,you will be able to buy me out of my fal ath contract lol :yahoo::yahoo::drink::drink: :SM_carton:

We aren't getting money off Truro Jake. But I will be raising it. I don't think the manager would go for buying you out. But if he wanted to I'll just have to work harder hehe. If you trained with us mate you would be impressed.. trust me.

The trip is great, last year was amazing and this year will be better. We hope to raise some funds throughout the year to support that too. I am very busy behind the scenes and I am extremely confident that what I have in mind will pay off.

We already have a sponsor for new tracksuit jackets and polo shirts... they are top quality stuff and look very tidy! The committee have opted against wearing a full suit.

St.Darren some clubs are very lucky to have a committee dedicated to raising funds... I have managed to get more players involved to help, so maybe soon we can call ourselves that. I think the saying goes... "If you throw enough shit some is bound to stick!" I'm working on that principle and doing it everyday at the moment.

As for those who say we can't help Truro 1st team... if we had those players would we be in Mining1? I think it is obvious that is not the case. But you do not now exactly how the deal is pieced together and will not, at least for a while.

Best of luck then Fatso!

I've no idea of the amounts of money you're trying to raise for the club and anything like that. And obviously no one knows of the agreement between the two clubs, so until info on that comes out people are going to wonder whats in it for both sides

We bring an awful lot to the table for a junior club, there was a lot more to our trip to texas that we were unable to take advantage of because of our status as a junior side and the ability of the majority of the players.

We had friendlies provisionally arranged with PDL sides the league that feeds MLS including one against FC Dallas reserves! which we did not pursue because of the obvious outcomes. We also bring a good standard of coaching and facilities again for a junior club to the table.

We are looking to progress our club as far as possible and I don't think I need to list the potential benefits being associated with Truro City would bring as they are plainly obvious.

Guest Postie Pidge

I think the ruling applies to clubs in the same league, as I know several clubs who have loan and first refusal options with players. Liverpool and Stockport being probably one of the most high profile.

I always thought it was Liverpool and Crewe?

Looking forward to playing at Storm next season on a Sunday morning

It was untill we signed a couple of their youth players and a new relationship started.

Sundays should be good mate as its on the main pitch and the clipper are really going all out this year for the after match drinks, it may be pasty's with real meat this year...

I always thought it was Liverpool and Crewe?

Looking forward to playing at Storm next season on a Sunday morning

im not :lol::lol: :lol:

Guest StormFC 10

The associtaion between Storm FC and Truro as with Kernow Storm FC in Texas allows the clubs many opportunities. Even when the club was started back in 2001, we had ambitions both on playing styles and what we could offer to players and officials in the club.

Kernow Storm has just hired a couple of Storm FC Players to coach here in Dallas. The soccer in this area has exploded with the numerous opportunities, such as summer camps, skills training, the dallas cup, and club trainers. with this in mind, relationships between clubs can benefit players and coaches.

Players needing game time, recovery from injuries, players coming from Kernow Storm to play with Storm FC, Coaches from the UK being able to coach professionally during the Summer in Texas, tours to promote clubs and court players to colleges, universities and clubs (pdl, MISL, MLS, UIL). So in many ways I believe that by having these club relationships helps give players and coaches better opportunities to further themselves.

Just reading a few of your postings lads, Can,t really see what Storm are going to acheive, Quote from Fatso in an earlier posting " I am not going to advertise our players" Well if you are a feeder club I would of thought that the whole Idea was to find young talent and try to push them to a higher standard. Don, t really think Storm understands "FEEDER CLUB" also if Truro are keeping an eye on a particular player they would want him to be playing in their own team in Fal/Hel 1

To be honest Topcat I'm sure I meant that i wasn't going to come on here advertising players. But make of it what you will!

Don't think people understand what is happening at Storm, more to the point!

But thanks for all the attention. New young player attending training this week. Perhaps this is the clientel that will benefit from a mutual arrangement one day, not to mention the young lads arriving from America over the next few seasons. Thanks No.10 for trying to help clear things up. Hope all is well out there. Contact me privately for full update on Storm FC UK. Say hi to the lads from me!

Well we won't be stipulating that they stay. We do believe that if a player leaves to progress then "who are we to stand in their way?"

The main reason that some players we have are staying is that we are becomming very close with a good team spirit, and everyone is positive! That spills down from the committee to the players. Good point though St.Darren.