Cornwall Football Forum

Is there relegation from Peninsula League ?

Can anyone give a definitive answer on this please. The loss for Sticker last night has left them bottom of the league.

Will we be relegated or not?

Why has there been zero transparency from the league on this.

Nightmare if there is btw

26 minutes ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Why has there been zero transparency from the league on this.

Probably because it's determined by the FA not the league but I'm sure Phil will be having conversations with the powers that be.  I would suggest it's very unlikely but who knows.

NLS Regs:

Step 6 and relegation
At the end of the Regular Season the Clubs in the bottom three positions of each of the seventeen Step 6 divisions will be liable to relegation. The final number of Clubs to be relegated will be confirmed once promotion candidates from Feeder Leagues and any vacancies are known. If reprieves are required the Clubs third from bottom will be ranked on a points per match basis (then goal difference, then goals scored if required) - the Club(s) with the best points per match will be reprieved. If all third from bottom Clubs are reprieved, and a further reprieve(s) is required, the same process will apply for Clubs in second from bottom (and so on).

5.3 At Steps 2-5 the Club finishing in last place in the table at the end of the Regular Season will be relegated and not reprieved.

5.4 At Steps 1 to 6, if a Club becomes eligible to take part in a Play Off Match and refuses to take part in that match or if a Club qualifies for promotion and refuses to be promoted then that Club shall be relegated from the division it last played in and shall play the following Playing Season in the division at the next Step level below. If the refusal/ineligibility applies to a Club currently operating at Step 6, the Club will be removed from the NLS and placed in the appropriate Regional NLS Feeder League, provided there is an eligible Club at Feeder League level to replace them.

Its going  to be a very weak league next season with St Austell gone as well the league will be the weakest  i can ever remember lots of players will be leaving there clubs in this league to move on to better themselves and of course go for the money they are lying if they say they are not .

I got talking to different supporters at Wendron and according to 1 Liskeard are going to be losing some of there best players but so is my team Newquay but we will see the team to beat again has to be Liskeard if they can hang on to all there players they are still a class side but Newquay on there day can beat most teams in the league but certainly dont like Dobwalls . Cant wait to see who gets what Pre Season Friendlies no doubt Torquay will be playing someone in Cornwall im hoping , Falmouth , Helston and Mousehole play at Wadebridge my favourite ground  Ok signing off until pre season starts 

Can we not look forward to the league next season with some optimism? Some teams will be weaker, some stronger. Some players will decide they fancy Western League, others not. Go to Wadebridge your favourite ground, others will follow their home team and favourite club. If you love football, look forward. St Austell have gone, so what? So many other choices where a Saturday afternoon can still be enjoyable.

The structure of football has changed and a League is not judged by its perceived "strength" but by its competitiveness, its facilities and how it is run! There are still the same number of teams in the County, as well as the same number of players. Those who retire are replaced by talented, younger players. If players leave one club to play at a higher level with another Club, that releases  players from the higher level Clubs, who could then fill places in SWPL Clubs. We can do nothing about the changes which the NLS have introduced but the achievments of Cornish Clubs in the last few seasons has proved that Cornwall is a football "hot spot" - rather than  a "backwater".

16 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Its going  to be a very weak league next season with St Austell gone as well the league will be the weakest  i can ever remember lots of players will be leaving there clubs in this league to move on to better themselves and of course go for the money they are lying if they say they are not .

I got talking to different supporters at Wendron and according to 1 Liskeard are going to be losing some of there best players but so is my team Newquay but we will see the team to beat again has to be Liskeard if they can hang on to all there players they are still a class side but Newquay on there day can beat most teams in the league but certainly dont like Dobwalls . Cant wait to see who gets what Pre Season Friendlies no doubt Torquay will be playing someone in Cornwall im hoping , Falmouth , Helston and Mousehole play at Wadebridge my favourite ground  Ok signing off until pre season starts 

The Western and Southern Leagues are the place to be now for Cornish clubs. Wadebridge boss Paul Rowe mentioned this in an interview with the CS Podcast a few weeks, basically said they need to get promoted out of the SWPL or continually risk having their players picked off.

No doubt his squad, and several others around, will contain targets for step 4 and 5 teams.

While sitting in the Drs this morning got talking to a fellow football supporter his team is Torpoint and he told me there top striker Ryan Richards is leaving and his most likely destination could be Liskeard i would x to see him in a red and white shirt of Newquay a player of his calibre at Mt Wise would make then title contenders thats all they need is a top Goalscorer at the moment 

41 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

While sitting in the Drs this morning got talking to a fellow football supporter his team is Torpoint and he told me there top striker Ryan Richards is leaving and his most likely destination could be Liskeard i would x to see him in a red and white shirt of Newquay a player of his calibre at Mt Wise would make then title contenders thats all they need is a top Goalscorer at the moment 

Can't see Ryan Richards dropping down a level. Assuming he's fit and available, will be in demand from plenty of step 4 or 5 clubs. Everybody wants a goalscorer. 

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

Can't see Ryan Richards dropping down a level. Assuming he's fit and available, will be in demand from plenty of step 4 or 5 clubs. Everybody wants a goalscorer. 

Ryan has had recent links with Liskeard - was it the season before last he dual signed and played? So could be a possibility!