Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT - Monday April 22, 2024

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULT - Monday April 22, 2024

Missed the game Tonight but I did manage to catch the commentary from the totton on X . It sounded like parkway were completely out classed  by a much better team on  the  night.  
Very emotional interview with Lee after the game you can see the toll it taking on him . 
Wednesday is absolutely massive for the club ( Lee even suggesting it’s probably his biggest game ) . Nothing more then a win against hayes will do. 
I notice Jamie lowery was playing tonight to help out.  Jack bray Evans was missing not sure if it away another injury. 
roll on Wednesday should be a big crowd and big night. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Missed the game Tonight but I did manage to catch the commentary from the totton on X . It sounded like parkway were completely out classed  by a much better team on  the  night.  
Very emotional interview with Lee after the game you can see the toll it taking on him . 
Wednesday is absolutely massive for the club ( Lee even suggesting it’s probably his biggest game ) . Nothing more then a win against hayes will do. 
I notice Jamie lowery was playing tonight to help out.  Jack bray Evans was missing not sure if it away another injury. 
roll on Wednesday should be a big crowd and big night. 

It’s a virtual relegation shootoutl! A physically shattered set of players desperately need a big  Plymouth crowd behind them vs H & Y. 

Away down West for a few days, but wish Parkway well. 

9 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

It’s a virtual relegation shootoutl! A physically shattered set of players desperately need a big  Plymouth crowd behind them vs H & Y. 

Away down West for a few days, but wish Parkway well. 

Hopefully Bolitho Park will be packed on Wednesday night for this match which, as Lee Hobbs described it, is a game Parkway have to win. Even then, they will probably have to avoid defeat away to a Beaconsfield side on Saturday that has also been dragged into the relegation scrap.

19 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Hopefully Bolitho Park will be packed on Wednesday night for this match which, as Lee Hobbs described it, is a game Parkway have to win. Even then, they will probably have to avoid defeat away to a Beaconsfield side on Saturday that has also been dragged into the relegation scrap.

Beaconsfield will be an extremely difficult place to go if they are looking to win. Anything less the 3 points Wednesday and I fear the worse 

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

That’s tight!!!

IMG_3805.jpeg

Is there a relagation play off ? 

Could see Matt cusack getting helston promoted and winning the league tonight and Lee possibly getting  parkway relagated end of the week.
I imagine Matt will be in demand. Steve Massey will have to work overtime on his powers of PERSUASION
You do wonder what will happen in summer. 

5 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Could see Matt cusack getting helston promoted and winning the league tonight and Lee possibly getting  parkway relagated end of the week.
I imagine Matt will be in demand. Steve Massey will have to work overtime on his powers of PERSUASION
You do wonder what will happen in summer. 

Should Parkway get relegated with Helston promoted, why should Matt swap clubs?

23 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Which club has the biggest budget for players? Additionally, I would imagine that they will be competing for the same players if Parkway are relegated, as much of Helston's squad are Plymouth-based.  Could create an interesting dynamic if one club outspends the other and one of them is weakened.

Maybe Matt Cusack, if he had a choice, would go for the club that can provide him with the best squad.

Certainly from the outside looking in,  Parkway seem to have the most sustainable model.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’d say a club on his doorstep that already has the infrastructure to compete and progress  at that level.  Better budget. And easier to attract the players at that level. 
not knocking helston but with Truro coming back on the scene a few miles away  and they already survive on 100 or so fans watching a title wining team. What more can he do there ?? 

26 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Or it could be because he wasn’t allowed to finish that business, why bother now! 

Clash of personality with Lee more than anything and he was only ever number 2 there I’m sure it be different if he had the chance to run the whole thing.   a great job at Saltash. Even better at helston. They be stupid to not consider him 

31 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Rumours are Hobbs 'stepping down' at end of season, Parkway want Cusack manager and Carlo to stay as assistant 

Is this why the final three home matches of the 2023/24 season are being billed as "The Last Dance?" I had heard that potential candidates have been interviewed for the position, but had it down as the usual gossip.  I'm still sure that if Parkway stay up (which, one way or another, I expect them to) and Lee Hobbs has a decent holiday, then I think he'll be fully refreshed, recharged and ready to go for next season. Can't imagine Parkway without Lee Hobbs to be honest.

I’ve heard Taunton are looking at Matt cusack as well.  I imagine he be in demand.  Parkway with some tough decisions come the end of the season. You have to think a squad rebuild is needed as well. Would fresh ideas and eyes be better ?
of course Matt might want to see the helston project through but where do helston go now ? I imagine a lot of work on the ground for next few years to even think about another promotion 

16 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I’ve heard Taunton are looking at Matt cusack as well.  I imagine he be in demand.  Parkway with some tough decisions come the end of the season. You have to think a squad rebuild is needed as well. Would fresh ideas and eyes be better ?
of course Matt might want to see the helston project through but where do helston go now ? I imagine a lot of work on the ground for next few years to even think about another promotion 

If I was a manager at this sort of level, I would run a mile from the Taunton job.  "Reset and new approach" is usually code for a "much reduced budget."

Seems to me that Matt Cusack is a very in demand man, but very much still the Helston boss.

Magnificent performance tonight from parkway.  After going a goal down I feared the worse but Dylan jones scored a brilliant free kick  immediately and they went in 1-1. 2nd half hayes and yeading jusy seem to die off and parkway looked the stronger outfit who wanted it more . Maty wright finished off a good move for the 2nd  before Thompson made it safe. 
great night  and parkway almost safe now. 
you could see the relief on Lee face  big result for the club.  

14 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Magnificent performance tonight from parkway.  After going a goal down I feared the worse but Dylan jones scored a brilliant free kick  immediately and they went in 1-1. 2nd half hayes and yeading jusy seem to die off and parkway looked the stronger outfit who wanted it more . Maty wright finished off a good move for the 2nd  before Thompson made it safe. 
great night  and parkway almost safe now. 
you could see the relief on Lee face  big result for the club.  

Transistor radios will be glued to the ears of Parkway supporters on Saturday eager for news of developments at Swindon and Bracknell.

Very much in their own hands now though.

A draw would be good enough but if they go a few behind then it really will be touch and go.  
I think the team around them are  playing teams that don’t really have anything to play for  , beaconsfield still need to win  

I think Lee touched on it in his interview hinting he hopes the other mangers are true to the league and play their strongest teams 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

A draw would be good enough but if they go a few behind then it really will be touch and go.  
I think the team around them are  playing teams that don’t really have anything to play for  , beaconsfield still need to win  

I think Lee touched on it in his interview hinting he hopes the other mangers are true to the league and play their strongest teams 

Given the recent history of mild antagonism between Parkway and Winchester, be ironic if they could do them a big favour by winning at Swindon Supermarine. 

Parkway aren't good enough defensively to play for the draw, they need to get on the front foot and go for the win. Not something they have made a habit of though away from home, with only 3 from the 24 games played in all competitions this season.