Street     v     Falmouth Town

Wellington     v     Saltash United

Welton Rovers     v     Ilfracombe Town

LES PHILLIPS CUP, Semi Final

Barnstaple Town      P-P    Helston Athletic

Shepton Mallet     v     Shirehampton

Street v Falmouth is off

48 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

With all these games being postponed due to the inclement weather, surely its time to petition the FA to extend the season. Its getting absolutely ridiculous trying to fit in all the games.

Good luck on that one! 

I don't believe it's that simple, particularly in the higher steps of the pyramid.

Apart from dates already booked, non league players are insured for something like 39 weeks of the year, any extensions to a season push players out of that and players won't play without, apparently it's not a simple process to extend either. Players will go on holiday as the season ends and these are normally booked by now. Their contracts finish/lapse on a certain date within that window, push the season back and players aren't actually registered, available to play. 

When the Helston V Buckland game as an example was abandoned last game of the season, talking to several Buckland players, they were all off on holiday on the Wednesday so little chance for a rearranged date. Players are back in training by a certain date so holiday windows are small the higher you go.

Someone with far greater knowledge should be able to add to this and make greater sense but my understanding it's not that simple as just pushing dates back.

3 hours ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

I don't believe it's that simple, particularly in the higher steps of the pyramid.

Apart from dates already booked, non league players are insured for something like 39 weeks of the year, any extensions to a season push players out of that and players won't play without, apparently it's not a simple process to extend either. Players will go on holiday as the season ends and these are normally booked by now. Their contracts finish/lapse on a certain date within that window, push the season back and players aren't actually registered, available to play. 

When the Helston V Buckland game as an example was abandoned last game of the season, talking to several Buckland players, they were all off on holiday on the Wednesday so little chance for a rearranged date. Players are back in training by a certain date so holiday windows are small the higher you go.

Someone with far greater knowledge should be able to add to this and make greater sense but my understanding it's not that simple as just pushing dates back.

Yet they play pre season games in July?

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

And 39 weeks from start of July does not equate to an end of April finish

I never said it was 39 weeks, something like 39 weeks. You don't need a contract to play in a pre season friendly. 

The point was players contracts end on a certain date, that is normally built around the agreed dates at the start of the season. A club doesn't want to pay beyond that date so a contract tends to end at the end of the last potential scheduled date inc play offs. If you extend seasons and I am pro this in effect you have to offer new contracts. 

I think it was Sandhurst who last season played something like 17 games in 19 games last season which is madness and says there is something wrong when you ask clubs to play that kind of volume. I'm sure there are experts with far greater knowledge and can give greater clarity, also this applies more to the higher steps but does feed it's way down.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 2 March 2024
18 hours ago, Quiet Man said:

With all these games being postponed due to the inclement weather, surely its time to petition the FA to extend the season. Its getting absolutely ridiculous trying to fit in all the games.

We've had one! 

Last day of regular season was 20th April , its now 27th April so in theory you can get 2 games in. But the way its going it could be 3 games! 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

We've had one! 

Last day of regular season was 20th April , its now 27th April so in theory you can get 2 games in. But the way its going it could be 3 games! 

Just a bit of a token gesture from the FA though really as just a couple days later straight into the play-offs! 

10 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

One of the highest leagues in Cornwall on the biggest talking network for football in Cornwall and I cant get scores 

No need to fret as the scores are always available via a link on this forum :-