Cornwall Football Forum

Truro game off!

That is absolutely diabolical decision. It’s been freezing all day -3 till about lunch time  was obviously going to be off as bolitho is shaded by parts.  yet Truro spent the whole day telling everyone it’s definitely on. Bottom sections frozen solid. Making dartford and their  fans travel . 
yet again the desperation to get fixtures on instead of sensible decisions this morning.

31 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

So basically blaming the ref ? How were Truro willing to play on a frozen pitch ?  Can see the pitch is Rock solid.  Someone breaks thier leg who liable ?  
just terrible planning from Truro. Sorry. 

IMG_5176.png

Will the new ground at Langarth have undersoil heating.Bearing in mind there is no shelter from the elements out there,I wouldn't think Truro could afford to have last minute postponements especially with away teams having to travel a further 60 miles than they do now.

57 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

So basically blaming the ref ? How were Truro willing to play on a frozen pitch ?  Can see the pitch is Rock solid.  Someone breaks thier leg who liable ?  
just terrible planning from Truro. Sorry. 

IMG_5176.png

The sub zero weather had been trailed for at least a week, who seriously thought this was going to get played?

Still, on a positive note, increases the chances of Parkway v Hungerford getting played on Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

I doubt very much that it would have undersoil heating. One it's too expensive, premie League clubs tend to have it to avoid postponing TV games. Secondly, it's cheaper to have 3/4G and part of the purpose behind it.

Is it now confirmed that it's going to be an artificial pitch at Langarth? 

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

The sub zero weather had been trailed for at least a week, who seriously thought this was going to get played?

Still, on a positive note, increases the chances of Parkway v Hungerford getting played on Saturday. 

Is it now confirmed that it's going to be an artificial pitch at Langarth? 

I don't believe so, I wasn't referring to Langarth, more the fact that 3/4G has been widely used, partly to restrict the cancellation of fixtures to help aid a constant financial revenue stream. 

22 hours ago, mattelot said:

Will the new ground at Langarth have undersoil heating.Bearing in mind there is no shelter from the elements out there,I wouldn't think Truro could afford to have last minute postponements especially with away teams having to travel a further 60 miles than they do now.

You need to ask yourself three questions.

1. Can we afford undersoil heating? No.

2. Can we afford heating? No.

3. Can we afford soil? No.

😆

On 17/01/2024 at 09:37, John Thomas Allcock said:

As it is going to be shared with Rugby League can you imagine the carpet burns on a synthetic pitch.

I have every sympathy with Truro, we were in exactly the same position on New Years Day verses Tavistock, and I suspect others will be throughout the winter period.

Don't think there are currently any plans for the Cornwall  Rugby League club to share Langarth. Anyway, regarding artificial surfaces, both Gloucester and Saracens in the Rugby Union Premiership play on them. 

51 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Don't think there are currently any plans for the Cornwall  Rugby League club to share Langarth. Anyway, regarding artificial surfaces, both Gloucester and Saracens in the Rugby Union Premiership play on them. 

It was mentioned on the podcast launching the takeover that it would be wise to utilise the facilities and that implied that the Rugby League club would be sharing the facilities.