Clevedon Town     3-1           Nailsea & Tickenham

Falmouth Town     1-0            Helston Athletic

Saltash United      5-2           St Blazey

Shepton Mallet     2-1            Street

Torpoint Athletic   4-0           Millbrook

Wellington             1-2           Bridgwater United

Welton Rovers      P-P              Oldland Abbotonians

3 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Looking forward to the trip over to Wall Park on Tuesday morning. The wife & I are taking her father to experience his first Western League match (he's usually used to following his local League Two side) whilst we leave mum-in-law at home with the Quality Street and full control of the TV remote 😁

Whatever the outcome I hope he enjoys the experience of a good local non league derby.

Enjoy you match.

42 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Looking forward to the trip over to Wall Park on Tuesday morning. The wife & I are taking her father to experience his first Western League match (he's usually used to following his local League Two side) whilst we leave mum-in-law at home with the Quality Street and full control of the TV remote 😁

Enjoy the game Jim!

On 24/12/2023 at 19:51, Buckland Jim said:

Be careful where you stand ! Not a very friendly bunch there

Saltash 5 St Blazey 2.  great response to Fridays game v millbrook.

goals from O’Melia, Curtis 2, Love-Holmes and Johnson.

you won’t see a better goal than Love-Holmes all season, an overhead worldie From the edge of the box. 

Blazey managed to bring the game back to 2-2 and looked the more dangerous half way through the second half, but got hit with 3 great goals in the latter stages 

Onwards and Upwards ashes

1 hour ago, Saltash Tim said:

Saltash 5 St Blazey 2.  great response to Fridays game v millbrook.

goals from O’Melia, Curtis 2, Love-Holmes and Johnson.

you won’t see a better goal than Love-Holmes all season, an overhead worldie From the edge of the box. 

Blazey managed to bring the game back to 2-2 and looked the more dangerous half way through the second half, but got hit with 3 great goals in the latter stages 

Onwards and Upwards ashes

Certainly didn't expect that result after your loss on Friday. 

Saltash 5 St Blazey 2

Glad I picked this game as my boxing day football, excellent game of football were I thought Saltash were outstanding, they played lovely football and scored   some superb goals and a stunning overhead kick that even got me up out of my seat, well deserved win, St Blazey played a lot of long ball hoof to the striker type football which made them look OK but not nice to watch, Saltash  should climb up the table with this young team , fully deserved today... And as arnie says, ill be back!! 

After Millbrook and all the defeats which even got to me slightly, today was excellent. Having Kieran back and Jake Curtis finding some excellent form having signed from Div 1 Wells City made all the difference. But to a man these lads gave 100% today. 

As for Tylors goal- you'd struggle to beat it at any level of football. 

Saltash 5v2 St Blazey. Att.200

St Blazey missed a glorious chance early on and soon paid the price conceding two goals. After that St Blazey were all over the place and Saltash creating chances for fun but never even hitting the target. Out of no where St Blazey pulled one back before half time for restore some hope.

Second half St Blazey played much better, moved the ball better and forced and equaliser from a long throw which was flicked on and a Saltash head diverted into the net. St Blazey now on top and almost scored again but from a goal kick over the top, the St Blazey defender, instead of clearing the ball, passed it back, wide of the goalkeeper leaving the Saltash defender a tap in. Absolute disaster in football terms. 

St Blazey pushed to equalise once more but an excellent over head effort and a late goal as St Blazey pushed men forward left it looking a shocker of a result.

The new stand at Saltash looks very well made. Everyone was wondering why it was built where it is? It's on the same side as they have covered seating already. Would have looked great between the dugouts or half and half behind each goal. 

Onto Saturday, Brixham at home. 

Torpoint Athletic 4-0 Millbrook

Att: 439

Scorers: Ryan Smith, Ryan Richards x3

The first half was when a organised Millbrook kept their hosts at bay, it was in the second half with the clinical finishing the hosts stepped up a gear or two. Ryan Smith put the hosts in front early, then it was a Ryan Richards master class in finishing. He had a great free kick and he dummied the keeper twice. 

Meanwhile the programme editor was having one, when the the press at work broke and he had to rework programmes from a previous postponements to make sure they had a 150 programmes on the match.  I finished the programme last night at 9pm(Christmas Day), plus I check the pitch on Christmas Day, was it worth it, hell yes!

Merry Christmas everyone!

15 minutes ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

Torpoint Athletic 4-0 Millbrook

Att: 439

Scorers: Ryan Smith, Ryan Richards x3

The first half was when a organised Millbrook kept their hosts at bay, it was in the second half with the clinical finishing the hosts stepped up a gear or two. Ryan Smith put the hosts in front early, then it was a Ryan Richards master class in finishing. He had a great free kick and he dummied the keeper twice. 

Meanwhile the programme editor was having one, when the the press at work broke and he had to rework programmes from a previous postponements to make sure they had a 150 programmes on the match.  I finished the programme last night at 9pm(Christmas Day), plus I check the pitch on Christmas Day, was it worth it, hell yes!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Us programme writers, editors, printers, etc should get a forum section of our very own. People on here don't know about the Friday night stress we go through each week, be it at a small club or large.

5 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Us programme writers, editors, printers, etc should get a forum section of our very own. People on here don't know about the Friday night stress we go through each week, be it at a small club or large.

Too true, I’m forever planning my programmes. I have standards to keep up, especially being voted the best programme for the last 4 years in the Peninsula & Western League. It’s not my fault I’m the best, it’s my training. There is no points for second best!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - BOXING DAY 26 December 2023
21 hours ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

Too true, I’m forever planning my programmes. I have standards to keep up, especially being voted the best programme for the last 4 years in the Peninsula & Western League. It’s not my fault I’m the best, it’s my training. There is no points for second best!

I did the matchday programme for a couple of seasons for Parkway in 2012/13 and 2013/14 (the Peninsula League days). Used to love putting it together and trying to come up with new and interesting content that people would read (wished more people would have bought it). Remember well the disappointment of putting them together for a match that was called off, and the scramble of trying to produce 2 or 3 in a week for the inevitable fixture pile up come March and April. Given these reasons, I can understand why the on line only version is more practical, but it's just not the same. Give me something you can hold in your hand, lean on the railings reading at half time and keep as a souvenir.

On 24/12/2023 at 16:24, Dave Deacon said:

WESTERN LEAGUE, PREMIER DIVISION

BOXING DAY 26 DECEMBER 2023

Barnstaple Town 2-2             Ilfracombe Town

Brixham                2-2             Buckland Athletic

Clevedon Town     3-1           Nailsea & Tickenham

Falmouth Town     1-0            Helston Athletic

Saltash United      5-2           St Blazey

Shepton Mallet     2-1            Street

Torpoint Athletic   4-0           Millbrook

Wellington             1-2           Bridgwater United

Welton Rovers      P-P              Oldland Abbotonians

Clevedon just keep going. Back on top again after winning their 10th league match in 11 games. The wise amongst us keep expecting them to fall away, but they don't.