DIVISION 1 WEST

Camborne School of Mines v Praze

Hayle v St. Ives Town

RNAS Culdrose v Mawnan

St. Day v St. Agnes

Troon v Helston Development 2

Wendron United v Threemilestone

West Cornwall v Ludgvan

CORNWALL COUNTY INTERMEDIATE CUP (1ST ROUND)

Mousehole Development v Millbrook

St. Blazey v Morwenstow

St. Newlyn East v Helston Development 1

CSOM 3-4 Praze

A difficult game for the away side today, with the Uni boys first game of the season, they looked a well organised side. Difficult to break down and played some good football. Very even for 3/4 of the game, but a 3 goal stint within 20 minutes helped the canaries take the 3 points.

There was hope in added time where the home sub striker shinned it through the keepers legs, but it was unfortunately too little too late.

CSOM will take some points off of a few teams this season im sure.

5 from 5 and onto the next! 

💚

Finally had the chance to watch a local game after a long time working in the Isle of Scillies. Great to be back seeing family in the lonely place of Rame, not a wendron fan, but just a fan of Cornish soccer. PS (does anybody play on the dreaded ‘top pitch’ anymore? 

St Day were very much in control from minute 1’ of the game with explosive runs going forward from what I think was an ex dron🐐 midfielder Tyler Packmaninnis (forgive me if that’s wrong lol). There striker holding it up well bringing others into play. First strike came to the Saint Day boys when a shank shot from the left midfielder ricocheted into the oncoming right midfielder Tooner I think they called him, who didn’t know much about it and then went 1 up. 2-0 soon came when a defensive mishap led to Buckley tapping in his easiest goal he’ll score at the back post after some badgering from Richards and Toon.

3-0 to Saint Day followed before the stroke of half time when Ed Timmins formerly of Falmouth Town under Jon Dent I think I’m right in saying made a slow sluggish run effortlessly behind the sleepy back line of the goats & capitalised on a ball from former goat Tyler Packmaninnis and took it on his chest and squared it to Saints striker to tap home. Wendron Lino who I thought had a great game flagged for offside, no goal. However, referee proceeds to point to the spot for no advantage after Timmins was taken out after delivering a ball square. Rickard for the Saints smashes home. 3-0.

Spectators were shocked at half time after hearing what was thought to be saints management shouting abuse at saints players at half time after being 3-0 up through the echoing changing rooms of the fantastic facilities at Underlane. 

Second half was underway & might I add, the selection of cup-a-soups on display at the half time interval in the 🐐’s changing room/tea hut was nothing short of superb. 

I was disturbed during the second half due to lots of calls from work (even though I was on annual leave) and you know what they say duty calls! So forgive me if I get the order wrong.

I believe the Dron made it 3-1 due to a defensive mishap from Billinger in goal previously of Mousehole- could someone confirm? Poor first touch from back pass led to him giving away penalty and Dron smash home to make 3-1. GAME ON.

(Calls still coming in at this point)- but please correct me if I’m wrong! I believe Tooner for Saints soon made it 4-1 after some tidy play through the midfield. 

Ex 🐐 Tyler Packmaninnis gave away what looked to be a nasty professional foul & received a yellow card inside the saints half, Wendron capitalised on poor defensive work and tucked home under Billinger to make 4-2.

The 5th goal for saints and final of the game fell to striker Rickard who was also booked after a nasty elbow to Wendron goalie from set piece on left from substitute Marks earlier on in the game, when he rounded the keeper with a drop of the shoulder and an easy tap in from a great ball from what I used to think RB but now CDM Timmins. What would Mr Dent think now lol. 

Enjoyable game to watch overall as a neutral. Thought referee had a good game but was to card happy. Booked another former Dron lad Olive for time wasting at 5-2 up. Silly card for the young man but all in all good watch.

Good to get our first win of the Season against a very decent St Columb team in a match that could have gone either way.

St Columb started the brighter and raced into a 2 goal lead, but Roche pulled it back to 2 - 2 just before half time, both goals from Sam Leaney.

St Columb then took the lead again with a good free kick with about 15 minutes left. Roche dug deep and managed to equalise 5 minutes later through Piotr Gregor and then took the lead for the first time with a Penalty from Craig Coad with just a few minutes left.

Match was well refereed by young Lewis Cook.

1 hour ago, Viva la Roche said:

Good to get our first win of the Season against a very decent St Columb team in a match that could have gone either way.

St Columb started the brighter and raced into a 2 goal lead, but Roche pulled it back to 2 - 2 just before half time, both goals from Sam Leaney.

St Columb then took the lead again with a good free kick with about 15 minutes left. Roche dug deep and managed to equalise 5 minutes later through Piotr Gregor and then took the lead for the first time with a Penalty from Craig Coad with just a few minutes left.

Match was well refereed by young Lewis Cook.

Forgot to mention,, decent attendance for us of about 65, hopefully enjoyed an entertaining game. Thanks to St Columb lads for coming into the Clubhouse in good numbers.

St Austell 1 Doms 2

1st Team Report #10

We enjoyed a lot of possession first half without really testing the St Austell keeper with every shot straight seemingly straight at him. The breakthrough came from a set piece, Kane Thomas’ corner headed in by Harvey Barrett shortly before half time. 

Kieran Ryall then doubled the lead halfway through the second half from a through ball before we allowed the home side back in but the strike coming from a well worked move. A brief spell in possession for the home side was quickly nullified, to allow us to comfortably see out the game and claim the 3 points. Man of the match went to new recruit Calum Courts. 

North Petherwin 0 - 0 Saltash 2's

Att: 62

Despite the 0-0 score line this was quite an entertaining game. We started to click 10 mins in and got in behind the Saltash defence on a number of occasions but just couldn't find the net or goal at times, both Sanders & Sharpe guilty of missing chances with both having 2 each to score, 1 being denied by an excellent save from the away keeper. Saltash did look lively on the wings through Jefford & Knight but Gyamfi & Farrer dealt with them superbly. 

Second half we never really got going which was disappointing i'd say Saltash just edged it but didnt create any clear cut goal scoring chances until the last 10mins where  they could have snatched the 3 points but some solid defending from CB duo Stainer & Goodman kept them out. 

despite not losing and keeping a clean sheet i am a little disappointed we didn't convert one of those 1st half chances however Saltash are a good side and a draw was probably a fair result in the end.

Well refereed by Tom Roper

St Mawgan 2-2 Torpoint reserves 

A great game to mark a great occasion for us as we had a ‘soft opening’ of our new changing room and clubhouse facilities. There’s still plenty of work going on and to do at Trevarrian but we’re very proud of how far the club has progressed in the past 4 seasons since being a senior side. 

Torpoint started strong, we enjoyed possession of the ball early on but with a different starting 11 to recent weeks and players missing we didn’t seem to be going anywhere and started causing our own problems. 

Torpoint started knocking and had two great chances to put themselves ahead, but Cole Kept the home side in the game. Shortly after, torpoint were ahead when their left winger drilled at the back line and unleashed a left footed drive into the bottom corner - nothing less than the visitors deserved. It wasn’t long before torpoint doubled their advantage when a shot from distance was juggled by Cole and somehow found the back of the net - not a moment to remember for the home keeper who had a great first half besides this. 

With 10 minutes left in the first half the home side seemed to get their act together and started to get shots away, unfortunately only from distance. Only minutes before the half time whistle a long throw from the home side seen the visitors keeper spill the ball and it dropped to Maull who air kicked the ball into what would have been an open goal, a massive chance which was the last before half time. 

Into the second half, it seemed to be the break the Home side needed as the game changed completely. Now the home side seemed to be the team in charge keeping the ball and playing forward into the spaces. A flurry of throw ins, free kicks and corners seen the home side try put the pressure on but torpoint stood strong for large parts with moments of panic across their back line also. 

Torpoint only managed one chance in the second half and this was the moment that should have saw them take the 3 points but unfortunately for them the free header hit the bar and went over. Following on from this, the home side started getting closer with Scott and Buckley both getting into the oppositions box and falling over at the time of trying to pull the trigger - big chances went begging for the home side.

Torpoint were now sat back and couldn’t get out, making lots of fouls and giving the chance to the home side to pack the box. Two corners in the space of 5 minutes were cleared off the line by defenders and it didn’t seem to be our day until the impressive Barnett evaded challenges in the box and squared it to Jordan who tapped home from 3 yards in the 90th minute. Game on. St Mawgan then had a corner in the 95th minute and all the second half pressure seemed to pay off as Bicknells shot bounced off the defender into Barnett’s path and his scuffed shot from 8 yards found the net to make it 2-2 at the death. 

Thanks to Torpoint for a great game and staying for a drink in the clubhouse. See you at the Mill later in the season.