Cornwall Football Forum

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

We don’t give out contracts or pay wages like other clubs but we still do alright.

Definitely looking as if we’ll have an even younger squad than last year but hopefully they’ll stay with the club for years to come.

Up the Lambs! 

I really hate this "we dont pay out wages etc comments"......most successful teams will....players know their worth and not many players will play for peanuts if they are worth more.

Yes...not all players are just chasing the money.....but they aren't JUST playing for fun(and rightly so)

1 minute ago, Footy follower said:

I really hate this "we dont pay out wages etc comments"......most successful teams will....players know their worth and not many players will play for peanuts if they are worth more.

Yes...not all players are just chasing the money.....but they aren't JUST playing for fun(and rightly so)

You missed out the “like other clubs”

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

You missed out the “

like other clubs”

Yeh I did think about that bit Dave as it was a bit open to misunderstanding.....like other clubs as in...other clubs pay....or LIKE other clubs as in BIG wages.

But my point still stands.....and not necessarily in Tavis case....as unlike all teams fans I don't know what anyone actually gets paid.

However.........you do not get up to southern league standard...and do well.....by paying peanuts to players who just love playing for their club

5 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

However.........you do not get up to southern league standard...and do well.....by paying peanuts to players who just love playing for their club

No you’re quite right there. Tavistock have done very well, but no doubt at a cost! 

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

Yeh I did think about that bit Dave as it was a bit open to misunderstanding.....like other clubs as in...other clubs pay....or LIKE other clubs as in BIG wages.

But my point still stands.....and not necessarily in Tavis case....as unlike all teams fans I don't know what anyone actually gets paid.

None of our players are on contracts and I know full well that other teams have offered more than double the money to multiple players down the years.

We’re very lucky that the group we have have stayed loyal to the club and continue to represent us. Stu is well known for giving youngsters a chance whereas I’m not sure other clubs would? Perhaps this has worked in our favour down the years? 

33 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

None of our players are on contracts and I know full well that other teams have offered more than double the money to multiple players down the years.

We’re very lucky that the group we have have stayed loyal to the club and continue to represent us. Stu is well known for giving youngsters a chance whereas I’m not sure other clubs would? Perhaps this has worked in our favour down the years? 

I only heard the other day that one player can't play Sunday football next season because he's on a contract 👀

34 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

I do agree with you however about the club giving youngsters a chance and that can often breed some loyalty

Great club to be fair

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

signed for parkway

Key player for the Ashes last season in the holding midfield role, and the type of player Parkway haven't had since Christian Pople. BIg leap from step 5 to step 3 though.

46 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Can see a few of last seasons Saltash lot signing for parkway. 
wonder we’re mr river Allen will end up this season. 

Smart money is on Tiverton. 

49 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Key player for the Ashes last season in the holding midfield role, and the type of player Parkway haven't had since Christian Pople. BIg leap from step 5 to step 3 though.

Smart money is on Tiverton. 

Not sure Wilson has come on as much as expected. Not sure he is Step 3 standard, but with even better players around him, just might be the holding midfielder PP need. Collects a ridiculous amount of yellow cards tho’

• 1 month later...

Announced the signing of Okehampton goalkeeper Aaron Dearing. Seems to be a solid signing and more than capable of stepping up. 

Pre season going ok so far I feel. A lot of youngsters have been involved which is pleasing to see. Last night against Bridgwater the average age of the squad can’t have been over 20.

George Newton certainly looks to be a find, scored an absolute beauty last night.

Tonight we welcome Neil Warnock and his Huddersfield side if anyone is at a loose end and fancying a game of football.

30 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

Announced the signing of Okehampton goalkeeper Aaron Dearing. Seems to be a solid signing and more than capable of stepping up. 

Pre season going ok so far I feel. A lot of youngsters have been involved which is pleasing to see. Last night against Bridgwater the average age of the squad can’t have been over 20.

George Newton certainly looks to be a find, scored an absolute beauty last night.

Tonight we welcome Neil Warnock and his Huddersfield side if anyone is at a loose end and fancying a game of football.

Looks like Stuart Henderson has unearthed another gem in George Newton.

Aaron Dearing does look a good signing, has been superb for Okey Argyle over the last few seasons. Is this the end of Josh Oak at Tavi? Know that work commitments has impacted his availability recently, but he has been another key part of the group that has been a central part of Tavistock's success story.

Stu Henderson mentions Josh Oak in his post match interview on the clubs twitter last night. Struggled with a shoulder injury recently but hopefully not the last we’ve seen of him. Probably the best local non league goalkeeper from the last 6/7 years but even better bloke.