Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Fixtures 3rd May

St Dennis Res 0-4 St Blazey Res

We (St Dennis) battled well and had couple chances, but ultimately we need too move the ball quicker in the right areas. St Blazey scored 2 early goals and won the game pretty comfortably in the end. St Blazey got some good young players and will be a tough test for a few sides. 

39 minutes ago, Viva la Roche said:

Torpoint 2-1 Roche 

Coming up here with 12 midweek was always going to be a battle, but conceding an own goal and conceding from a bit questionable bit of sportsmanship, after we hit the bar twice we can come away with positives 

Think Roche hit the wood work 3 or 4 times and had one cleared of the line. 

1 hour ago, Rjw87 said:

St Dennis Res 0-4 St Blazey Res

We (St Dennis) battled well and had couple chances, but ultimately we need too move the ball quicker in the right areas. St Blazey scored 2 early goals and won the game pretty comfortably in the end. St Blazey got some good young players and will be a tough test for a few sides. 

Yeah some very good football played by some extremely talented young lads from blazey,another game chalked off for us tho in wot seems to be the longest season in the world,a plus side for us was the numbers we're still getting turning up so not all doom n gloom from that perspective,thought the ref did well and so did both linesmen again hopefully we pick up a win next Tuesday or Thursday or any day for that matter lol,all the best to blazey for their remaining games and a massive thank u to the people watching that supported both teams and made good use of the tea hut,it goes a long way in our eyes and thanks to the ladies that give up their free time to do it as well.

7 hours ago, Viva la Roche said:

Torpoint 2-1 Roche 

Coming up here with 12 midweek was always going to be a battle, but conceding an own goal and conceding from a bit questionable bit of sportsmanship, after we hit the bar twice we can come away with positives 

Goals win games and luckily for us you’re that bad in front of them else you win 5-2. Your manager is a disgrace telling his players walking in at HT they have 45 minutes to break me in half, as is the little muppet who tried spitting on me about 4 times (off target, shock) so glad I’m packing it in after this season so I don’t have to play idiots like you every week. You belong in the duchy league after acting like that. 

1 hour ago, Byron10 said:

Goals win games and luckily for us you’re that bad in front of them else you win 5-2. Your manager is a disgrace telling his players walking in at HT they have 45 minutes to break me in half, as is the little muppet who tried spitting on me about 4 times (off target, shock) so glad I’m packing it in after this season so I don’t have to play idiots like you every week. You belong in the duchy league after acting like that. 

Players like this don’t deserve to play at all let alone duchy league! Ment to be enjoyable ! Idiots 

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 1 Roche AFC

Torpoint goalscorers: Warren, OG.

Lineup: Jackson, Quintrell, Pearce, WhiteJ, Warren, Robbins, Payn, Northcott, Ross, Easterbrook, Rio Driver.

Subs: Brown, Bartolini, Clarke, Hussey, Halls.

A very fortunate 3 points but grateful with so few games left in our quest to finish as high up the table as possible.

Early on we moved the ball round ok. Often overplaying at times we did need to move the ball forward at earlier opportunities. The windy conditions didn't help either side and anything in the air was swirling around, moving the ball or being held up, it looked a little unpredictable. The first time we moved the ball forward with any sort of threat we worked the ball out left to Easterbrook and Rio Driver who squared to Northcott 20 yards out, who hit a shot at goal but was saved by the visiting keeper. As the half wore on Roche slowly squeezed us into our half and really limited us. The Roche left winger really grew into the game and was by far the biggest threat on the pitch all game, and it was his drive down the left and cross which created the best chance of the half which from inside the 6yd box the Roche forward side footed against the crossbar when he was almost in the goal. Shocking miss and a huge let off for us. Around 35mins an aerial battle left Northcott concussed and he had to be subbed off as a precaution. Rightfully so as not long after he was sick so I sent him to A&E and that's his season over while following the guidelines. Another aerial battle was very late leaving Rio Driver on the deck rubbing his head, no free kick given but an uncontested drop ball. Byron pinged the ball out wide on the right to Ross who had largely been kept quiet thus far, who won a corner. The inswinging corner from Warren was curled directly inside the far post for 1-0, wind assisted about a minute before HT. Cue disgruntled shouts of unsportsmanship behaviour. Whether you agree or not, the threats while walking off the pitch by 2 Roche officials and 2 players weren't ideal for the official to deal with. Tit for tat but I think the drop ball should've been a free kick anyway. "Break him in half", "we need to get him 2nd half" etc etc.

A poor half really and not enough chances created except some dangerous set pieces whiskers away from Pearce on two occasions, and others well delivered but not enough from those in the box to get on the end of them. We did our best to get in behind a few times but the execution wasn't matched with the high winds and often went too long and even balls on the deck was pushed along to Roche's safety. HT was a mixture of criticism/coaching points and we didn't begin the restart well. The left winger again (Sam Eccleston I think) was very impressive throughout the 2nd half, dribbled his way down the left and his low ball into the 6 yard box was bundled into our own net by Jake White for their equaliser. Luckily the lead didn't last long as a set piece from the left 5mins later was headed towards goal by Whitey trying to make amends and it ended up in the net for 2-1, I think an OG, though Whitey will scream redemption. 

This didn't deter Roche though and they really pushed on. Huge chances missed as they skied one over the bar when a cut back found the forward 10yards out in the middle of the goal, then the same forward who smashed the crossbar in the first half repeated his feat again when well placed, and another effort hit the post. We really rode our luck and as the game wore on we should've been 5-2 down and it just wasn't Roche's day. Their finishing was that bad I almost felt like we couldn't do any wrong and we'd win, through none of our own work. It's hard to describe in detail how lucky we got. Jackson barely had a save to make as they didn't hit the target, and we won the game from 2 set pieces. We did create some half chances but too often shot from 18-25yards when we could've worked the ball closer and that's something we need to address with individuals and their decision making in the final third. 2-1 FT.

Despite not creating much and a sub standard performance, some positives to take were Warren playing well again at left back and both Clarke and Halls did well when introduced. Our MOTM for me again went to Cameron Ross who has been a breath of fresh air recently and he tormented the Roche left back into submission in the 2nd half as the lad is relentless both in his running and his mouth! 

A fortunate 3 points but key for us to climb to 3rd in the table and above SNE on goal difference. No chance of us being close to the top 2 on completion of the season but I am adamant we finish 3rd as any lower is simply not good enough IMO. Whether people think we're good enough to achieve that is their opinion and the table won't be a lie come the end of the month. 3 games left starting with St Teath at The Mill on Saturday. A concussion and 2 more injuries last night will give others some opportunities in the remaining games. 

3 hours ago, Byron10 said:

Bit harsh on the Duchy League that. I've watched Roche a few times and half of there players wouldn't get into a lot of Duchy sides. I suppose it also says a lot about Torpoint if they (from what people are saying) could have lost. 

Thanks for all the compliments about us. Whatever level of player at least we turn up. As for "idiots" Byron10, if there is going to be quoting what was said during the game then just be careful as Torpoint certainly can't take the moral high ground. As Foul Throw says above about his own right wingers "mouth" that also included homophobic taunts to one of our players that he thought was hilarious. So nothing great from either side, but reporting here as though Roche are the bad boys and Torpoint were all sweet and innocent is very wide of the mark and there was absolutely no need to make public what was said during the match. 

2 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 1 Roche AFC

Torpoint goalscorers: Warren, OG.

Lineup: Jackson, Quintrell, Pearce, WhiteJ, Warren, Robbins, Payn, Northcott, Ross, Easterbrook, Rio Driver.

Subs: Brown, Bartolini, Clarke, Hussey, Halls.

A very fortunate 3 points but grateful with so few games left in our quest to finish as high up the table as possible.

Early on we moved the ball round ok. Often overplaying at times we did need to move the ball forward at earlier opportunities. The windy conditions didn't help either side and anything in the air was swirling around, moving the ball or being held up, it looked a little unpredictable. The first time we moved the ball forward with any sort of threat we worked the ball out left to Easterbrook and Rio Driver who squared to Northcott 20 yards out, who hit a shot at goal but was saved by the visiting keeper. As the half wore on Roche slowly squeezed us into our half and really limited us. The Roche left winger really grew into the game and was by far the biggest threat on the pitch all game, and it was his drive down the left and cross which created the best chance of the half which from inside the 6yd box the Roche forward side footed against the crossbar when he was almost in the goal. Shocking miss and a huge let off for us. Around 35mins an aerial battle left Northcott concussed and he had to be subbed off as a precaution. Rightfully so as not long after he was sick so I sent him to A&E and that's his season over while following the guidelines. Another aerial battle was very late leaving Rio Driver on the deck rubbing his head, no free kick given but an uncontested drop ball. Byron pinged the ball out wide on the right to Ross who had largely been kept quiet thus far, who won a corner. The inswinging corner from Warren was curled directly inside the far post for 1-0, wind assisted about a minute before HT. Cue disgruntled shouts of unsportsmanship behaviour. Whether you agree or not, the threats while walking off the pitch by 2 Roche officials and 2 players weren't ideal for the official to deal with. Tit for tat but I think the drop ball should've been a free kick anyway. "Break him in half", "we need to get him 2nd half" etc etc.

A poor half really and not enough chances created except some dangerous set pieces whiskers away from Pearce on two occasions, and others well delivered but not enough from those in the box to get on the end of them. We did our best to get in behind a few times but the execution wasn't matched with the high winds and often went too long and even balls on the deck was pushed along to Roche's safety. HT was a mixture of criticism/coaching points and we didn't begin the restart well. The left winger again (Sam Eccleston I think) was very impressive throughout the 2nd half, dribbled his way down the left and his low ball into the 6 yard box was bundled into our own net by Jake White for their equaliser. Luckily the lead didn't last long as a set piece from the left 5mins later was headed towards goal by Whitey trying to make amends and it ended up in the net for 2-1, I think an OG, though Whitey will scream redemption. 

This didn't deter Roche though and they really pushed on. Huge chances missed as they skied one over the bar when a cut back found the forward 10yards out in the middle of the goal, then the same forward who smashed the crossbar in the first half repeated his feat again when well placed, and another effort hit the post. We really rode our luck and as the game wore on we should've been 5-2 down and it just wasn't Roche's day. Their finishing was that bad I almost felt like we couldn't do any wrong and we'd win, through none of our own work. It's hard to describe in detail how lucky we got. Jackson barely had a save to make as they didn't hit the target, and we won the game from 2 set pieces. We did create some half chances but too often shot from 18-25yards when we could've worked the ball closer and that's something we need to address with individuals and their decision making in the final third. 2-1 FT.

Despite not creating much and a sub standard performance, some positives to take were Warren playing well again at left back and both Clarke and Halls did well when introduced. Our MOTM for me again went to Cameron Ross who has been a breath of fresh air recently and he tormented the Roche left back into submission in the 2nd half as the lad is relentless both in his running and his mouth! 

A fortunate 3 points but key for us to climb to 3rd in the table and above SNE on goal difference. No chance of us being close to the top 2 on completion of the season but I am adamant we finish 3rd as any lower is simply not good enough IMO. Whether people think we're good enough to achieve that is their opinion and the table won't be a lie come the end of the month. 3 games left starting with St Teath at The Mill on Saturday. A concussion and 2 more injuries last night will give others some opportunities in the remaining games. 

well done on the 3 points Cal & congrats on appointment to the 2nds!

Seems very sensitive when it suits, blimey most opponents at any level will make threats about what they will do next time you get the ball etc..mostly empty promises made in the heat of the moment. I had it loads of times, but right or wrong it is part of the game but that should stay on the pitch not on a public forum or it opens a real can of worms. He also glossed over what provoked the reaction, certainly it did not just happen without reason and was aimed particularly at him, not the Torpoint team in general as it was a real good game. 

21 minutes ago, TomTom said:

The irony of @Byron10 calling people idiots.
He would definitely win a prize for best forum troll.

Well you certainly won’t win the award for being the best ref or lino anytime soon that’s for sure. Why don’t you try and make sure your team raise a side this weekend before having a pop at me 💪