Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League 18th February 2023

35 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Division One result.

Penzance Reserves 1-1 Chacewater.

Just a quick question.

On Chacewater's badge is an image that looks like water and grass, mixed. Does anyone know what it stands for such as old mineral workings or does/did it mean that it was a representation of a water-logged pitch?

Good game wasn’t it 😜😜

4 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Division One result.

Penzance Reserves 1-1 Chacewater.

Just a quick question.

On Chacewater's badge is an image that looks like water and grass, mixed. Does anyone know what it stands for such as old mineral workings or does/did it mean that it was a representation of a water-logged pitch?

Decent game. Great result for Chace given we had multiple players playing through injury and a couple young lads in their second game of adult football. Think we gave a really good account of ourselves! James Martin's free kick was glorious, curled up and over wall into the top corner stunning 💚 not sure if the Penzance goal was onside. They were maybe lucky to get a point. 

Thanks to Tom Milburn for a very decent referees performance. 

@Soccer Followermight be able to give some more info on the badge, not sure myself. 💚🖤💚

Storm 3 - helston raiders 9

what a game to be involved 

storm giving away their customary penalties, 4 this week, 3 converted and one saved

raiders keeper has to have been their motm cos he pulled of some absolutely world class saves

thanks to rikki smith for reffing and calling it down the middle and explaining every decision if asked 

good to see the lads back at the pub for our lovely grub

storm will get this Kevin Keegan football right one week 

6 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Not suprised to be honest, watched a few reserves games there this season, well I say reserves it’s mostly the same players from the 1st team playing which baffles me how this is allowed, not a nice place to watch football anymore unfortunately, very hostile with seemingly no discipline within the club at all, sadly the Club doesn’t seem in a good place at the minute.

I hope for Penryn it improves.

Yeah I'm sure someone from Penzance has been a regular in the stands at Penryn reserve team fixtures in the bottom league. 

St Just walked at 6-0 down as they felt the volunteer ref wasn't being fair. 

4 minutes ago, Glen Patterson said:

Yeah I'm sure someone from Penzance has been a regular in the stands at Penryn reserve team fixtures in the bottom league. 

In the hope to get the game replayed I guess.what do the league do in that situation

Well  The MAGPIE maybe you need to get your head out of the sand and wake up a little bit. Penryn are going through a tough time at this very moment in time but there is a lot of good people doing good work there to sort out the club behind the scenes and on the field, so maybe next time you come down to Penryn. As you say you do laugh out loud maybe you should introduce yourself to the chairman at Penryn for a little chat that you might enjoy

4 hours ago, Glen Patterson said:

Didn’t raiders walk off against st just for exactly the same reason?

seems they can give it but not take it or maybe they are just sore losers ?

25 minutes ago, THEMAGPIE said:

I cannot speculate on St Just as I didn’t see the game, all I can reliably say is the games I have watched at Penryn were not too tasteful, lots of intimidation and over aggression from on and off the field, the couple of reserves fixtures I have seen have been pretty much the same players as the St Piran’s side, I hope in all honesty Penryn can sort this out.

What games exactly have you watched at penryn Magpie? Be interesting to know 

Penryn, athletic football club, chairman, Kevin Quintrell, and as I stated last night, Mr magpie man hiding behind a keyboard come and have a chat with a good honest person from Penryn, sorting the club out with a load of help from good honest men from Penryn, I do not really want to read the statement you are making to run the club down I have enough on my plate now if you would like to come and chat to me and see the good work. I am doing maybe jump in your car I am at the football club between the hours of six and 10 every morning, sorting the club out  probably putting in as many as 30 to 40 hours voluntary work for the past 12 months or more since Davy Baker! has passed on 

On 20/02/2023 at 13:04, THEMAGPIE said:

I have removed my comments reflecting my opinion as obviously I’m totally wrong, good luck going forward. 

B.S

Magpie … I hope you haven’t removed your comments because you feel intimidated ??cause as you say that’s what you see when you watched penryn reserves on a regular basis 😂…