Bracknell Town   1-0   Merthyr Town 

Hendon   1-2   Hayes & Yeading United

Plymouth Parkway   3-0   Dorchester Town

Poole Town   1-0   Winchester City

Salisbury   0-0   Harrow Borough

WEDNESDAY 15 FEB 23

Swindon Supermarine   1-0  Hartley Wintney

Truro City     1-0    Hanwell Town

With neither Weston SM or Chesham playing this midweek, chance for Truro to go top on Weds night and also put 5 points between them and the 3rd place side.

Attended the reverse fixture back in August, and (after chatting to Hanwell fans) know they really don't fancy the trip to Plymouth.

Parkway on an upward trajectory in the league after going unbeaten in the last 5 (and keeping 4 clean sheets along the way), but will want to get the winning habit back at Bolitho after drawing the last 2 at home.

Parkway 3 Dorchester 0

Impressive home display from Lee Hobbs' side extends their unbeaten run to 6. Goal in either half from Ben Seymour added to Rio Garside's effort as they  saw off their play off contending opponents. 

New loan signing from Exeter City, Gabriel Billington, made his debut as sub in the 2nd half but, the best news was Tom Bath getting a run in the last 10 minutes. This was 7th months to the day after his horror achilles tendon injury, and it is huge achievement getting back and fit to play in this time frame.

32 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway 3 Dorchester 0

Impressive home display from Lee Hobbs' side extends their unbeaten run to 6. Goal in either half from Ben Seymour added to Rio Garside's effort as they  saw off their play off contending opponents. 

New loan signing from Exeter City, Gabriel Billington, made his debut as sub in the 2nd half but, the best news was Tom Bath getting a run in the last 10 minutes. This was 7th months to the day after his horror achilles tendon injury, and it is huge achievement getting back and fit to play in this time frame.

34 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway 3 Dorchester 0

34 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway 3 Dorchester 0

10 months. Home to Highworth Town Tuesday 12 April 2022

Tom Bath will be useful to throw on in games as a different option. Brilliant work to come back from that injury I didn’t think I see him back in a parkway shirt if I’m honest.  I don’t think he be starting of Seymour or crago but he definitely a welcome option with the amount of games coming up. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 14 & 15 February 2023

Tavistock 0 Bashley 2

The thing that caught my eye though was the attendance at Langsford Park for this, a mere 119. Looked like it was a nice evening for it (by February standards), half term week, not much other football in the area, Tavi in play off contention, yet a pretty meagre turn out. Still a lot better though than the paltry 78 that paid to watch Willand v Bishops Cleeve up the road. Truro's gates have been discussed at length on here, but 135 to watch a bang in form side potentially going top of their league is terrible

Is the return of Champions League football on TV (and Arsenal v Man City last night) a factor across all these clubs, a case of people being skint or just plain apathy?

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Tavistock 0 Bashley 2

The thing that caught my eye though was the attendance at Langsford Park for this, a mere 119. Looked like it was a nice evening for it (by February standards), half term week, not much other football in the area, Tavi in play off contention, yet a pretty meagre turn out. Still a lot better though than the paltry 78 that paid to watch Willand v Bishops Cleeve up the road. Truro's gates have been discussed at length on here, but 135 to watch a bang in form side potentially going top of their league is terrible

Is the return of Champions League football on TV (and Arsenal v Man City last night) a factor across all these clubs, a case of people being skint or just plain apathy?

I was at the game WOTP! TV football not helpful, but *another* disappointing ‘gate at Langford Park. Such a shame as a lovely friendly club who’ve come so far in a short time. The playoff challenge is a bit misleading.Recent form and performances not great. The club in a bit of transition with the ‘divine headband’ Callum Watson moving to the Ashes and the last local boy Josh Robbins moving on too. The tactics from Henderson quite negative. One up top and lacking a plan B at the minute. Of course, it isn’t possible to out football some of the better clubs in the division. Fans need to remember that the current position is a minor miracle when one considers Tavi gates and resources. I’m not too happy with the departures. The squad level a bit thin, but Henderson has a real talent for spotting lower league talent and improving players. I’ve real belief in him.

Of that 119, about 10 were from Hampshire. It was really great to see the visiting players response to their supporters. I think just about every one of them was embraced by the Bashley boys at the end. A very professional display from Bashley. Organised in defence, move the ball around nicely and a threat on the break - they looked the play off contenders to me!

In keeping with my BSOTT moniker I’m splitting my football between the Lambs and Liskeard Athletic ATM. All being well a tricky League Cup tie at Bovey Tracey - a club I know well and very much like, for the Blues on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I was at the game WOTP! TV football not helpful, but *another* disappointing ‘gate at Langford Park. Such a shame as a lovely friendly club who’ve come so far in a short time. The playoff challenge is a bit misleading.Recent form and performances not great. The club in a bit of transition with the ‘divine headband’ Callum Watson moving to the Ashes and the last local boy Josh Robbins moving on too. The tactics from Henderson quite negative. One up top and lacking a plan B at the minute. Of course, it isn’t possible to out football some of the better clubs in the division. Fans need to remember that the current position is a minor miracle when one considers Tavi gates and resources. I’m not too happy with the departures. The squad level a bit thin, but Henderson has a real talent for spotting lower league talent and improving players. I’ve real belief in him.

Of that 119, about 10 were from Hampshire. It was really great to see the visiting players response to their supporters. I think just about every one of them was embraced by the Bashley boys at the end. A very professional display from Bashley. Organised in defence, move the ball around nicely and a threat on the break - they looked the play off contenders to me!

In keeping with my BSOTT moniker I’m splitting my football between the Lambs and Liskeard Athletic ATM. All being well a tricky League Cup tie at Bovey Tracey - a club I know well and very much like, for the Blues on Saturday.

Thanks Both Sides. I am a believer that clubs do eventually reach their ceiling, perhaps Tavi have reached this point. Maybe because he isn't at a Cornish club, but I don't think that Stuart Henderson gets the recognition he deserves for what he has achieved (and continues to achieve). He does have a real knack of discovering and polishing gems rather than bringing in the finished articles, but this can only go on for so long. With Lewis Daw, Dave Hallett, Watson and Robins all moving away over the last year or so (and mainstay players such as Dan Evans, Josh Oak and Josh Grant also possibly reaching the end of the line) it does feel a bit like we might be reaching the end of this particular (golden) era for the club. I find it significant that Shane Krac is now on the coaching staff there, possible future manager?

50 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Thanks Both Sides. I am a believer that clubs do eventually reach their ceiling, perhaps Tavi have reached this point. Maybe because he isn't at a Cornish club, but I don't think that Stuart Henderson gets the recognition he deserves for what he has achieved (and continues to achieve). He does have a real knack of discovering and polishing gems rather than bringing in the finished articles, but this can only go on for so long. With Lewis Daw, Dave Hallett, Watson and Robins all moving away over the last year or so (and mainstay players such as Dan Evans, Josh Oak and Josh Grant also possibly reaching the end of the line) it does feel a bit like we might be reaching the end of this particular (golden) era for the club. I find it significant that Shane Krac is now on the coaching staff there, possible future manager?

A fair summary WOTP. We are seeing the final days of the SWPL graduates. Henderson has my full support. He makes a lot of big calls, but gets most right! A shame that Robins the last local lad now gone. What a player! He could still do a great job at WL level still. 

Numbers may not be great, but a friendly club I enjoy visiting. 

The attendances are disappointing and I can assure you the club/fans are very appreciative of those that do turn up and support us. 

This is our first season at our level and I think we’re all taking little bits away from the established clubs that we visit to try and make us more of a Southern League club off the pitch. 

As mentioned above the form hasn’t been too good recently however I feel we’re still doing unbelievable as a club to be where we are.

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Tavistock 0 Bashley 2

I do worry about Willand on a terrible run which is seeing them slide into trouble, dropping a lot of points late in games and they do have a pretty young side with not a lot of Southern League experience. A shame how the squad that they had a few years ago has dispersed they were a really good team to watch.

10 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Tavistock 0 Bashley 2

Watched Truro. Scruffy game, scruffy goal. Not pretty, functional and effective. Atmosphere non existent. Souless. Regarding attendance, didn't seem that many and told by someone in the know it was 110 with around 60 comps. Purely my observation and a casual chat. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️  

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

The Rain ,Champions league football on the telly,and a dip in form on the pitch didn't stop 280 attending Bickland Park on Wednesday night Dave.You should know.You were in the press/ media box.👍

Indeed admittedly a good attendance at Falmouth, but even at Bickland Wednesday it was almost 100 less than their average so far this season and so the figures show that attendances have to be closely monitored to ensure they don’t drop off even more and across the complete board of our football in the county.