Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin gone - but not quite!

11 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Wadebridge Reserves have started in the ECPL which is still classed as grassroots and in practice is no better than Duchy League football. 

I'm sure the Duchy sides will feel aggrieved to be leapfrogged though and if the same happens again with a phoenix like Godolphin like it did Truro Res and Wadebridge Res it doesn't seem exactly fair. Wadebridge aren't exactly pulling up trees in the ECPL, no disrespect intended. When the leagues merge at the end of this season I hope there's a league or two fewer but with more teams in each, so a new side would have less promotions required to get to Step 7 than before. But I don't think a direct entry at any league without promotions from the bottom league should be allowed IMO.

The proposed mergers below Step 6, which are due to happen in Cornwall next season, I can't see there being any way to join the new set-up other than relegation from above or from the bottom. Rules have not been agreed yet but one of the reasons for the new entity is to prevent teams "jumping" Leagues by filling vacancies, rather than being promoted on merit!

One of the players that never let the g down Matty Walker has joined St Austell i have seen Matty have so many good games and on some days he was unplayable to play against and others he was just none excistent but i wish him all the best and hopefully 1 day he will be back in a G when they rise up through the leagues and beat everyone in sight but its going to take time 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

One of the players that never let the g down Matty Walker has joined St Austell i have seen Matty have so many good games and on some days he was unplayable to play against and others he was just none excistent but i wish him all the best and hopefully 1 day he will be back in a G when they rise up through the leagues and beat everyone in sight but its going to take time 

"a long time"