Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: HELSTON ATHLETIC V SHEPTON MALLET

Piran

28 minutes ago, St Darren said:

There isn't a 6 second rule anymore, it's down to discretion 

Congratulations to the referee in this instance, nearly 20 seconds to take a kick from hands is ridiculous and I wish Premier league referees did it. 

It’s still a law Darren 12.2 for indirect free kick

‘An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
    •    controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it’

Although not at the game I’m pretty sure the ref would have ‘advised’ the GK previously at some point about the length of time he was taking prior to that indirect free kick being awarded and it wouldn't have been a ‘total surprise’

10 minutes ago, Pitty said:

It’s still a law Darren 12.2 for indirect free kick

‘An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
    •    controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it’

Although not at the game I’m pretty sure the ref would have ‘advised’ the GK previously at some point about the length of time he was taking prior to that indirect free kick being awarded and it wouldn't have been a ‘total surprise’

Ah cool.  I thought it was done away with and discretion.  No referees implement it in the Premier league league 

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

Ah cool.  I thought it was done away with and discretion.  No referees implement it in the Premier league league 

It is supposed to. Be discretionary these days and only used if the goalkeeper is wasting time deliberately. 

In this case 17 seconds is a long time but why wait until he's kicking it to blow up. 

However the goalkeeper can't have too much argument to be honest