Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH 0 HELSTON 0

mattelot

A gutsy all round display from town often played in torrential conditions earned them a well deserved point against supposedly the bigger guns and more experienced Helston .Backed continuously throughout the game by the vociferous F troop who were probably 80 % of the 420 crowd ,town still without the injured Jack Bray Evans and captain James Ward ,never let Helston settle into their usual rhythm and indeed could have snatched the win with a Tim Nixon free kick hitting the bar and a Tom Annear header cleared off the line .

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

A gutsy all round display from town often played in torrential conditions earned them a well deserved point against supposedly the bigger guns and more experienced Helston .Backed continuously throughout the game by the vociferous F troop who were probably 80 % of the 420 crowd ,town still without the injured Jack Bray Evans and captain James Ward ,never let Helston settle into their usual rhythm and indeed could have snatched the win with a Tim Nixon free kick hitting the bar and a Tom Annear header cleared off the line .

The fact remains that in 3 games even with the mighty f troop Falmouth have been unable to beat Helston. I thought Helston were going to nab it last thing but your keeper pulled off a couple of superb saves.

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

The fact remains that in 3 games even with the mighty f troop Falmouth have been unable to beat Helston. I thought Helston were going to nab it last thing but your keeper pulled off a couple of superb saves.

I would stay well away with facts in respect of Falmouth who have won a lot of trophies in the last few years. Bodmin and St Austell had a lot of unfair criticism in the past when they were successful, I suppose it goes with the territory. 

We were delighted to welcome Falmouth to Trungle Parc (Mousehole AFC) last weekend, and can only state what a great bunch of supporters the F - Troop were.

We out-drummed them of course (and out played them on the pitch as it happens) but we were delighted to share the Solomon Brown stand with their dedicated fun crew.

Big catchment area around Falmouth, and no other local competitors so I would expect large crowds :D

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

A lot of money going into Falmouth with their excellent crowds.

But where is it going? Assuming it’s not the playing budget?

It looks like the model is promotion of youth for this season which sounds like a sustainable strategy. Assumed that any money available will go towards further refurbishment and development of Bickland Park.  Lots of hard-standing to install for instance on both sides of the ground.

Very sensible management of funds long-term, rather than throw the money, if there is any, at established (expensive) players from out of the county or from other Cornish clubs

3 hours ago, silly billy said:

As Mattelot said, we're still without Jack Bray-Evans and James Ward, but we still managed to out play Helston for large parts of the game.  Ryan Barnes did pull off a couple of good saves, but your keeper made more than few good saves, kept you in the game even. 

25 minutes ago, Town Fan said:

As Mattelot said, we're still without Jack Bray-Evans and James Ward, but we still managed to out play Helston for large parts of the game.  Ryan Barnes did pull off a couple of good saves, but your keeper made more than few good saves, kept you in the game even. 

Not my keeper, I'm a neutral, I just go watch what I fancy. 👍

3 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Can't say I saw that there has been any money invested into the club facilities, other than the barriers to block off the ground not up to scratch. 🤣

They'll be needing your entrance fee to keep the floodlights on! The cost of energy may force some evening games to be rescheduled 

6 hours ago, silly billy said:

So did the Helston keeper. 

2 hours ago, le boss said:

Are James Ward and Jack Bray Evans both injured? No one has mentioned it before!!!

How was the late shift last night bash ? ,can't believe you've missed all 3 games .

42 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Can't say I saw that there has been any money invested into the club facilities, other than the barriers to block off the ground not up to scratch. 🤣

Hope you weren't the silly billy that ignored the barriers and out of bounds signs ,and had to be removed from that area .🤔

9 minutes ago, le boss said:

Helston don’t need me there to get results. I was busy starting a collection for you guys so you can afford to play games under lights🤔🤔🤔🤔

You'd  be better off collecting for new proper stands around kellaway .look after the paying public through the gate .Good job the match wasn't there last night with that weather .🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

So did the Helston keeper. 

How was the late shift last night bash ? ,can't believe you've missed all 3 games .

Hope you weren't the silly billy that ignored the barriers and out of bounds signs ,and had to be removed from that area .🤔

No wasn't me, I missed that. Though that did used to be my preferred place to stand when visiting Bickland.