Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 1 Poole 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

172-  I read somewhere.

172 is still a pretty poor attendance for Truro midweek . Is the bus still running from Cornwall how many made the trip up  ? 
It’s a shame as I think Truro have a very good team now. 
I am planning on watching a Few games myself up there when I can. 

There was about 25 on the free bus. It's a shame that more don't want to travel up to support our team. However I live in Truro, by the time I walked home, from the drop off point, it was after 11pm before I was indoors, so for supporters who work, I understand the reluctance to travel mid-week. However, for Saturdays, it's a very reasonable time when returning, around 6:30pm. Why not give it a go and follow us as we lead the league? 

We will be watching Truro City at Langarth in a year, so why not familiarise yourself again with the Club before next season? 

Meanwhile Truro City Reserves will be playing at Tregye, as their season commences. Have you seen the ground the Club and volunteers have transformed, into a facility which we can be proud? 

2 hours ago, Ozman said:

There was about 25 on the free bus. It's a shame that more don't want to travel up to support our team. However I live in Truro, by the time I walked home, from the drop off point, it was after 11pm before I was indoors, so for supporters who work, I understand the reluctance to travel mid-week. However, for Saturdays, it's a very reasonable time when returning, around 6:30pm. Why not give it a go and follow us as we lead the league? 

We will be watching Truro City at Langarth in a year, so why not familiarise yourself again with the Club before next season? 

Meanwhile Truro City Reserves will be playing at Tregye, as their season commences. Have you seen the ground the Club and volunteers have transformed, into a facility which we can be proud? 

If they can keep the good start going, then hopefully a few more will make the journey (and a few curious locals might even have a look). Don't know how City are marketing the matches, but don't know if it would be workable to give reduced entry prices to Parkway season ticket holders for example. Or even capitalise on Paul Wotton's status as an Argyle legend by offering reduced entry to Argyle season ticket holders. 

Hopefully, some of the more local teams in that league will bring decent followings for 3pm kick offs.  The likes of Salisbury, Tiverton, Weston SM, Dorchester ... and Parkway. 

I think Truro City could market themselves a little better. Many supporters I see around town are not aware of the free bus deal. Our situation will not change until we are playing back in Cornwall, realistically. Cornwall Pirates (our owners) market themselves very well and its reflected in their crowds. It's nonsense to say that Cornwall is a rugby county and so our crowds are small. Plymouth Argyle are supported by a huge number of Cornish fans, who travel up by train and have done for years. Once we have our home ground and a team capable of climbing the pyramid Truro City will prosper too and may tempt the younger generation to watch them.  Plymouth Argyle will not dominate the football scene in this county.

1 hour ago, Ozman said:

I think Truro City could market themselves a little better. Many supporters I see around town are not aware of the free bus deal. Our situation will not change until we are playing back in Cornwall, realistically. Cornwall Pirates (our owners) market themselves very well and its reflected in their crowds. It's nonsense to say that Cornwall is a rugby county and so our crowds are small. Plymouth Argyle are supported by a huge number of Cornish fans, who travel up by train and have done for years. Once we have our home ground and a team capable of climbing the pyramid Truro City will prosper too and may tempt the younger generation to watch them.  Plymouth Argyle will not dominate the football scene in this county.

Lots of ifs and whens in your post and seeing will be believing about Truro playing in Cornwall. Said many times before - only Truro people interested in Truro and they are never going to compare to Argyle. 

1 hour ago, Ozman said:

Really hope Truro City get back to Truro, and as a step 3 side (at least). The clock really is ticking though, a new ground needs to be ready to go by next July (11 months away now). If this isn't going to happen, the owners (old or new) need to be working through options. Said it before, but we really need to be hearing something from either the Pirates or Truro City on this.

Ps. I am absolutely no Truro hater, and am looking forward to watching them on their visits to the capital over this season.

Am I right in saying that Truro have a £2 million pound pot to build a ground at Langarth. Is that enough to build a pitch and all the facilities needed to play in the southern league. I've heard many times that the reason that Truro are playing in Devon  is because it would cost to much to upgrade a ground like Bodmin for southern league.