RESULTS - Wednesday 17 August 2022

EAST 

Bovey Tracey        3-1         Teignmouth     

Cullompton Rangers  1-0    Honiton Town 

Elmore                        2-1      Bridport 

Ivybridge Town          3-2         Brixham 

WEST 

Liskeard Athletic  3-0   Wadebridge Town

As the gents said a superb last 35 minutes from the Blues. Thought Wadebridge were probably 60/40 the better side in the 1st half but no doubting the hosts running out deserved winners come the end. Nice hat-trick from James with his 2nd goal, a little lofted scoop over the excellent Rob Rosevear probably the pick of the bunch. Two red cards, one for each team, thought could have been a yellow each on another day but can see why the ref went for reds, possibly a foot up over the ball tackle and a possible last man challenge albeit out quite wide I thought, I was up the other end of the ground on both decisions so not in a position to comment really, not a dirty game at all though, two good footballing teams.  Just don’t like to see lads sent off if I’m honest. Lux Park looking nice by this summers standards, Lovely ladies in the tea room as always, nice cup of tea and sausage & chips, sticking with Liskeard to win the league although they had some uncomfortable moments particularly before half time, they showed their ruthlessness last half hour. Attendance about 150 I would take a guess at. 👍

53 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

As the gents said a superb last 35 minutes from the Blues. Thought Wadebridge were probably 60/40 the better side in the 1st half but no doubting the hosts running out deserved winners come the end. Nice hat-trick from James with his 2nd goal, a little lofted scoop over the excellent Rob Rosevear probably the pick of the bunch. Two red cards, one for each team, thought could have been a yellow each on another day but can see why the ref went for reds, possibly a foot up over the ball tackle and a possible last man challenge albeit out quite wide I thought, I was up the other end of the ground on both decisions so not in a position to comment really, not a dirty game at all though, two good footballing teams.  Just don’t like to see lads sent off if I’m honest. Lux Park looking nice by this summers standards, Lovely ladies in the tea room as always, nice cup of tea and sausage & chips, sticking with Liskeard to win the league although they had some uncomfortable moments particularly before half time, they showed their ruthlessness last half hour. Attendance about 150 I would take a guess at. 👍

How many portions of Sausage and Chips  did you have? Good report Mark, sounds like a fiesty  game.

Just the one Clubman and struggled to finish that to be fair!! A very generous amount of chips from the good ladies!! 👍👏🏼 Didn’t think it was that fiesty really, watched a lot more aggro game the night before between Saltash v Helston to be honest. Two reds in that as well!! A few physical battles all around the pitch which you would expect but nothing nasty considering the 2 reds and 4/5 yellows. Really competitive game for 55 minutes and Liskeard possibly scored against the run of play but they definitely deserved it by the end of the game with a great last half hour 👏🏼👍