Cornwall Football Forum

LEAGUE & LES PHILLIPS CUP (2nd SEMI FINAL) - SATURDAY 30 April 2022

9 hours ago, Non League fan said:

Surely Helston need a better manager now! 

Based on what I heard on the CS Podcast this week from the managers of Helston women's and combo sides, the club as a whole is in a very strong place (correcting my comment about the "club being a shambles."). No doubt another revolving door summer for Steve Massey's Western League side lies ahead.

I’ll front up, results have been no where near good enough since Christmas, but can’t believe we’re in a day and age now where players think o it’s ok if we’re rubbish the manager will be replaced, NO!! Mass has been brilliant with all of us and especially me and has passed on lots of knowledge to me and tweaks to my game, I may not agree with everything but he’s the manager and I respect him so much!! the results on the pitch only me and the players can affect so we as players need to take a look at ourselves not the manager. 

Listening to Steve Massey interview after he seemed absolutely gutted. You can’t knock his  enthusiasm and the way he looks after his players in his team  . Gets them prepared ,puts them up in hotels so they don’t have to travel  I’m sure the list goes on. 
you would look and think in a way the players he brought in have let him down with the results and  where they have finished in the end 

He mentioned he already meeting players next week with a view to rebuilding next season  that some commitment 

you have to think next season Is massive for him and helston I’m not sure they can slip behind Falmouth ,mousehole etc 

6 hours ago, Stu B said:

I’ll front up, results have been no where near good enough since Christmas, but can’t believe we’re in a day and age now where players think o it’s ok if we’re rubbish the manager will be replaced, NO!! Mass has been brilliant with all of us and especially me and has passed on lots of knowledge to me and tweaks to my game, I may not agree with everything but he’s the manager and I respect him so much!! the results on the pitch only me and the players can affect so we as players need to take a look at ourselves not the manager. 

Maybe the manager is signing the wrong type of player in the first place?  
Players that are one minute in the limelight are then changed for someone else and the cycle continues…… Maybe giving the players the superstar hotel standard of making them comfortable is also making the players become complacent because some think they are better than they really are!

Just my opinion and no intention to offend. Helston is a nice club with good volunteers.