Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 22 February 2022

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 22 February 2022
19 minutes ago, Craze said:

Same old story. Manager thinks we were great... yet no points. 

Went to this last night. Thought that Truro were going to salvage a point after going down to 10 men with Argyle loanee Oliie Tomlinson  being sent off after around 20 minutes. Desperately unlucky to concede what looked like a deflected winner deep in stoppage time.

Resolute defending against what I thought was a pretty average Hayes And Yeading side (especially with them being league leaders, and reportedly having a large budget), who didn't seem to have many ideas regarding how to break down a well drilled outfit that was a man short.  Fourth time i've seen Paul Wotton's side this season, and they have gone through awful (away thumpings against Chesham and Harrow) professional (was really impressed with how they got the job done at Hendon) to dogged last night (a point probably was deserved). Have to say, not overly impressed with the standard of football in the Southern Prem. The sides do tend to be well drilled, strong and fit with most sides usually having a pacy bloke who can pose a threat upfront, but not much in the way of creativity and flair. I really don't think there is much difference between the sides from the play off positions down to mid table, which is probably borne out by Truro City's results. Still time for them to get amongst the play off spots, and think they are probably good enough, but really need to start winning those games in hand. Oh, and get Rocky Neal back as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Craze said:

Just for playoffs?

What would missing out on the play offs mean for Truro City next season? Looking at the squad they have, sure that most people would have had them down as championship contenders, to miss out on promotion all together has to be seen as underachieving.  With a second season at Bolitho inevitable, and no sign of the new ground, wonder if Paul Wotton and some of the squad will be moving on in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

What would missing out on the play offs mean for Truro City next season? Looking at the squad they have, sure that most people would have had them down as championship contenders, to miss out on promotion all together has to be seen as underachieving.  With a second season at Bolitho inevitable, and no sign of the new ground, wonder if Paul Wotton and some of the squad will be moving on in the summer.

Heard rumours that a 2nd season at bolitho might not be an option. There real concerns that both will get all home  fixtures in on the pitch as it is seen it the other day it looks a right mess. Just not sustainable to run 2 teams on that pitch. 

@Way Of The Park Thank you for the report on the City match 🙂👍

Wow... This is... Cheery. I can't help but wonder if that 💩 (aimed at the fan), is in flight yet (or has started its engines). 😕 

I was under the impression that a second season at Bolitho, wasn't guaranteed. 

12 wins in 12 games - 😬 Yeah... I (highly) doubt it.

A part of me still thinks that when the Pirates get their stadium, City will be dumped out like (metaphorical) trash. 

A nice dose of honesty from City/Pirates as to where everything stands with the football side of things, would be very welcome at this point. But, as past owners have proven, that's not going to happen anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Heard rumours that a 2nd season at bolitho might not be an option. There real concerns that both will get all home  fixtures in on the pitch as it is seen it the other day it looks a right mess. Just not sustainable to run 2 teams on that pitch. 

With no second season at Bolitho, where does that leave Truro City?

Agree with Devils Dusk, City/Pirates/Council/whoever needs to break their silence on this. 

49 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

@Way Of The Park Thank you for the report on the City match 🙂👍

Wow... This is... Cheery. I can't help but wonder if that 💩 (aimed at the fan), is in flight yet (or has started its engines). 😕 

I was under the impression that a second season at Bolitho, wasn't guaranteed. 

12 wins in 12 games - 😬 Yeah... I (highly) doubt it.

A part of me still thinks that when the Pirates get their stadium, City will be dumped out like (metaphorical) trash. 

A nice dose of honesty from City/Pirates as to where everything stands with the football side of things, would be very welcome at this point. But, as past owners have proven, that's not going to happen anytime soon. 

Same as you, city are being used for business plan purposes only, if (IF) the stadium is ever built Truro will be  got shot of to ease financial burden and they will have to stand on their own two feet, and in a stadium that size it will  become a major challenge. 

If it is ever built Truro is the last place it should be built, out near the A30 it should be, blatantly obvious for accessibility to the rest of Cornwall.