Cornwall Football Forum

St Piran’s League applications

Been made aware this morning that Penryn, Mullion and Pendeen are applying to join the St Piran’s league next season, Penryn and Mullion I can understand but Pendeen I just can’t wrap my head around it? I personally think it’s ludicrous how teams lying mid table in let’s say (a very mediocre league at best) can be considered for promotion into a higher tier of football, I’m just interested to see other opinions on the matter.

1 hour ago, 6times said:

So I take it mullion are also applying for peninsular. ? 

Yes they have.

6 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

but Pendeen I just can’t wrap my head around it? I personally think it’s ludicrous how teams lying mid table in let’s say (a very mediocre league at best) can be considered for promotion into a higher tier of football, I’m just interested to see other opinions on the matter.

It's where they are at the end of May not the end of December that counts.

8 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Been made aware this morning that Penryn, Mullion and Pendeen are applying to join the St Piran’s league next season, Penryn and Mullion I can understand but Pendeen I just can’t wrap my head around it? I personally think it’s ludicrous how teams lying mid table in let’s say (a very mediocre league at best) can be considered for promotion into a higher tier of football, I’m just interested to see other opinions on the matter.

Cornish football for you I’m afraid. Take St cleer, went all the way from duchy 1 to east Cornwall finishing out of the promotion places every year. Now they are mid table and applying again to go up. Never earn the right to go up but always get it. Ludicrous! 

16 minutes ago, Duncswe63 said:

Cornish football for you I’m afraid. Take St cleer, went all the way from duchy 1 to east Cornwall finishing out of the promotion places every year. Now they are mid table and applying again to go up. Never earn the right to go up but always get it. Ludicrous! 

If those finishing above the likes of St Cleer don’t want to go up, why stop another side trying. Eventually they'll get found out and be relegated if they can’t hack it at a higher level.

If you’re gonna sling mud it’s not at St Cleer. St Dennis Reserves came rock bottom of the Duchy Prem in the 18/19 season, but went UP to The St Piran League East, up two divisions instead of down one. Have been the worst side in that league since, and only saved by Null and Void. Regularly don’t fulfil fixtures. 
With no Liskeard Res or Thirds, or Lanreath anymore, St Cleer may be trying to go up via this method to improve their attraction to new players in a large catchment area. 

I think you have an opinion about pendeen in everything they do like when you tried to cause shit about Wayne coming back and as you can see still 15 games left for pendeen so who knows what will happen it’s still a long season yet and they are aloud to apply and they know where they have to finish so have a look into it before running you’re mouth all the time themagpie 

54 minutes ago, Rovers10 said:

I think you have an opinion about pendeen in everything they do like when you tried to cause shit about Wayne coming back and as you can see still 15 games left for pendeen so who knows what will happen it’s still a long season yet and they are aloud to apply and they know where they have to finish so have a look into it before running you’re mouth all the time themagpie 

Didn’t mean to offend anyone, just voicing my opinion which is what a forum is generally for? Just an observation with Pendeen is that I don’t personally think they are in a position to advance into another (higher) league, looks like they are constantly struggling to field a team and with no reserve team to help out either the extra strains of higher standard opposition may take its toll.

I just think the system is fractured and eventually you end up losing Clubs completely which is definitely not what we all want.

How have they been struggling to field a team the had one game over xmas and brought players in which I think every team dose and in fact they have a second team coming next year and new club house and changing rooms and for this seasons of far from over didn’t realise the league had finished and going to a higher league will attracted players and a better standard and from the outside you seem to know a lot about the club from the outside that’s my problem 

2 hours ago, Rovers10 said:

How have they been struggling to field a team the had one game over xmas and brought players in which I think every team dose and in fact they have a second team coming next year and new club house and changing rooms and for this seasons of far from over didn’t realise the league had finished and going to a higher league will attracted players and a better standard and from the outside you seem to know a lot about the club from the outside that’s my problem 

Well that all sounds great and always good to see Clubs on the up, I obviously know much less than you think because all the above I was unaware of!!, don’t take it personally it’s just my honest opinion, I wish you all the best with the mentioned plans.