St Blazey 1 Torpoint Athletic 3

St Newlyn East 5 Foxhole 6

St Teath 5 Newquay Academy 2

League

St Cleer 2 St Minver 0

Wednesday

St Blazey 3 Roche 2

St Blazey 3-2 Roche

I thought I would pop up to St Blazey for this localish derby. First I've seen of either team this season. 

Completely contrasting styles of play. St Blazey always looking to play from the back which they did well on the whole. Roche more often than not looking for that longer ball into the channels or into the chest of their big centre forward. 

St Blazey went one nil up after a good team move found its way to their centre midfielder (I think) who beat one man and then unleashed a great strike into the corner from outside the box. 

Roche came back into the game and scored two well taken goals which St Blazey would feel could have been defended better. Completely against the run of play as St Blazey had a lot of the ball in the final third but did little with it and missed a few glaring chances.

2-1 to Roche at half time. 

The second half was largely one way traffic. St Blazey completely nullified the Roche attack and started to play some good football (again from the back using the width well). 

Despite this they didn't really look dangerous until subbing off their striker. The new striker who came on was exactly what they needed and along with a new left sided forward on the pitch the home side finally looked like they would actually make some of their possession count. 

The substitute striker scored two good goals in the second half (could have had a few more) and other than a long range speculative effort hitting the bar Roche had no impact on the St Blazey rearguard. 

A good game to watch with plenty of commitment, some tasty tackles and at times some good football played. St Blazey deserved winners (on another day, with better finishing, it could have been 6 or 7).