Cornwall Football Forum

8 hours ago, rougvie said:

Just seen the new fencing that has gone up around St Just FC. What's it for? To a neutral it seems like a beautiful ground destroyed.

Not to be rude, but what do you think a fence is for? 

Unfortunately the pitch is treated as a public park, where our volunteers have to clean up after those who disrespect the property time and time again. 

Dog walkers who let their animals foul all over the pitch is one reason. Hardly want to be picking up after other people's dogs when you have an adults game on Saturday and then youth games on a Sunday? Let alone midweek training. 

You then have the adolescents who use the dugouts as a den to drink and sell drugs. They also feel the need to break in to the changing rooms on occasion, which is very nice of them.

Local kids are on the pitch and in the goals every evening in the summer and again have caused £100s worth of damage only recently to the box nets. Newly turfed goal mouths now a box of mud. On occasion they also have been seen climbing up and running along the roof of our stand. If they fell, who's to blame? Is it you, rougvie? I thought not. 

Lastly, we use our car park for local residents, who in turn pay a small fee to help with the upkeep of the club. This has forever been abused and results in no parking for players on match days.

The fence is see-through and hardly noticeable unless up close to it.

I hope this answers your question 👍

2 hours ago, The Tinner said:

Unfortunately the pitch is treated as a public park, where our volunteers have to clean up after those who disrespect the property time and time again. 

Dog walkers who let their animals foul all over the pitch is one reason. Hardly want to be picking up after other people's dogs when you have an adults game on Saturday and then youth games on a Sunday? Let alone midweek training. 

You then have the adolescents who use the dugouts as a den to drink and sell drugs. They also feel the need to break in to the changing rooms on occasion, which is very nice of them.

Local kids are on the pitch and in the goals every evening in the summer and again have caused £100s worth of damage only recently to the box nets. Newly turfed goal mouths now a box of mud. On occasion they also have been seen climbing up and running along the roof of our stand. If they fell, who's to blame? Is it you, rougvie? I thought not. 

Lastly, we use our car park for local residents, who in turn pay a small fee to help with the upkeep of the club. This has forever been abused and results in no parking for players on match days.

Bloody well done from me, I'm thinking of putting up chainlink for all of those reasons.

May I ask the approximate cost for this sort of work?

5 hours ago, The Tinner said:

4 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

May I ask the approximate cost for this sort of work?

As you know Dave our ground is quite big, so the total cost was just shy of £30,000. I did all of the plans, submitting of planning permission and statements myself, so that would be an additional cost too. Luckily I was successful in obtaining a grant to help cover a lot of the costs, but even with that, it wasn't a cheap job!

1 hour ago, The Tinner said:

As you know Dave our ground is quite big, so the total cost was just shy of £30,000. I did all of the plans, submitting of planning permission and statements myself, so that would be an additional cost too. Luckily I was successful in obtaining a grant to help cover a lot of the costs, but even with that, it wasn't a cheap job!

Well done.

Any pictures (?)