Cornwall Football Forum

The league secretary made a statement sent to all Club Secretaries this evening

The message for local grassroots football:  

The advice is that any decision to continue playing or to postpone their respective competitions is a matter for each league as autonomous bodies within the game.  This is in line with government advice at this time.   It is not felt that all grassroots fixtures need to be cancelled as a matter of course at this time, although some may need to be if teams are self-isolating and are unable to play, or if teams are concerned about playing and the league agrees to postpone. 

Statement from the Trelawny League

Following advice taken in the last 30 mins , I can confirm the following action applies to tomorrows games .

At this moment in time we are not suspending fixtures tomorrow .

As you can see from the above message from CCFA the decision to play matches will be solely the choice of competing teams to decide .

We are very aware that players health must come first in all decisions made.

If both clubs are happy to play then feel free to carry on and do so .

Conversely if you are not prepared to play the Trelawny League will support your decision .

Obviously this is on ongoing situation that could well change by the time next weekends games arrive .

I will be in constant touch with CCFA and if they recommend we suspend all fixtures then you will be advised accordingly

Lets all hope for a good outcome .

5 hours ago, Pitty said:

The league secretary made a statement sent to all Club Secretaries this evening

The message for local grassroots football:  

The advice is that any decision to continue playing or to postpone their respective competitions is a matter for each league as autonomous bodies within the game.  This is in line with government advice at this time.   It is not felt that all grassroots fixtures need to be cancelled as a matter of course at this time, although some may need to be if teams are self-isolating and are unable to play, or if teams are concerned about playing and the league agrees to postpone. 

Statement from the Trelawny League

Following advice taken in the last 30 mins , I can confirm the following action applies to tomorrows games .

At this moment in time we are not suspending fixtures tomorrow .

As you can see from the above message from CCFA the decision to play matches will be solely the choice of competing teams to decide .

We are very aware that players health must come first in all decisions made.

If both clubs are happy to play then feel free to carry on and do so .

Conversely if you are not prepared to play the Trelawny League will support your decision .

Obviously this is on ongoing situation that could well change by the time next weekends games arrive .

I will be in constant touch with CCFA and if they recommend we suspend all fixtures then you will be advised accordingly

Lets all hope for a good outcome .

At last, and a sit on the fence approach.  If 1 participant  from 1 team "self isolates"  then surely the game will not go ahead. The whole  situation is being used as means of  diverting  attention from  more pressing matters  😆

The 2 leagues have, in my opinion  made the correct decision in the light of current advice from the Govt, NHS, FA, CCFA and ..... common sense. At our level we are  first and foremost   recreational.  That is an important matter to consider. The bodies involved..the Clubs...are voluntary....and the numbers involved small. This weekend most Clubs would be lucky to see 20 pitch side...the risks involved in watching a game outdoors around a 350mt perimeter pitch for such numbers are minimal.  Yes I grant that the teams will be in close contact in the changing rooms...that puts 16 and management together for a brief time before and after the game. But the numbers involved are on par with those in pubs and shops, nowhere even near those of nightclubs, supermarkets, buses, trains, etc. For all those things the advice may well change soon to shut them down...that  is the time we should shut down recreational football...not now.......and, like everyone else in the world we, as individuals, still can choose to self isolate and practice good hygiene if we dont. If someone in a club shows symptoms, these are just as likely to be normal flu, but they can self isolate......but if a club says it won't then play a game at a recreational level as a result then are we to assume they are in lockdown? Training suspended, all players and managers and volunteers self isolating  not one club member going to work, shopping  taking a walk  or having a drink at their local, ...... I honestly ...at this stage..doubt it.its still a free world ...at the moment...but common sense, free will, good hygiene and reasonable actions are the way to go just now.  Only my opinion.